Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vehicle Stands with Removable Ramp ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LazyBird, Nov 10, 2011.

1. LazyBird

LazyBird

Curious if anybody knew off hand where to purchase these or have to fabricate them? They are ordinary car ramps but when you are up on the stand itself you can remove the ramp part, giving you more room under the car.

2. I bought mine at Sears in the 70's. Very well made ramps that are a funky light blue color! Not sure if they still sell them. I don't use mine since I now have a 4-post lift.

Jim

3. Dr_X

Dr_X

4. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I must be a redneck. I make a ramp outta boards then getter on the last one and remove the ramp boards.

5. LazyBird

LazyBird

Thanks...for the info. no luck at sears.. will keep an eye out..napa has about the best ramp for heavy duty.. Tbird weighs a bit much, gonna splurge for the HD set.. and continue to dream of a lift..

6. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Sears had 2 ramps and a small floorjack package for $49.00 not too long ago, look harder, I looked at mine I have 8 of them so I can work on 2 cars at once.

7. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I've had a set for over 20 years and I can't remember where I bought them.

8. barney rubble

barney rubble

My uncle had a set back in the early 70's that I use to borrow. They where from Sears. Damn nice ramps back then.

9. Canuck

Canuck

Still using a old set of Sears ramps, lost a couple of the rubber feet over the years but still work OK. Only problem is with a low cat (OT Honda Accord) the ramps are a bit steep and need a piece of 2x6 to start lifting the car before it starts up the ramp.

Canuck

10. knotheads

knotheads

i have picked up a couple of sets at yard sales.

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I bought mine at Sears many years ago. Rewelded all the joints after one of the front legs popped loose but have used them hundreds of times and never a problem.

12. LazyBird

LazyBird

13. TexasDart

TexasDart

I have a set of those in my shed...haven't used them in a long time..maybe I need to blow the dust off of them...or sale 'em.

wow 89.00...

14. ahyup

15. The Peterson ones are available a lot of places. Looks like they up'ed the capacity since I bought mine about 20 years ago. Mine are only rated at 6,000# per pair. Here's a link to where they are sold:
    http://www.autoramps.com/retailers.htm

16. couvy

couvy

Have a set I bought from Montgomery Wards in the late 60's for $19.95. Bought a set from JC Whitney about 5 years around $60. Both made by Peterson and great quality. My '54 Ford has been sitting on all 4 for the past 3 years.