Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ed Newton/Dan Woods C-cab

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, May 11, 2011.

1. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

"can't we all just ge- ge-get along"? rodney king. anyways, i have allways liked the rear tires on the one in TRJ photo spread on dan woods. they nice and short and fat. they look like mickey thompson sportsmen's but there not. could someone re-pop some short, fat tires like they used to have? 23 or 24inches tall, about 14 inches wide, nice and flat. alot of 60's and 70's 't' buckets had some great tires that don't seem to be avalible anymore.

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I think a lot of them were actual Indy car tires.

3. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Bernie,and Mazooma are both good folks you guys just got on the wrong foot.Can't wait to see one of the bodies pulled from the mold.I'm interested in one when they are ready.

4. He's one of the mst knoweldgable guys around when it comes to 60s showrods, along with Mark Moriarty.

5. Wide ovals and Indys like Jeem said. Coker is close with the Pro-tracs

http://store.cokertire.com/tire-styles/other/pro-trac.html?adjclear=true

6. tallpaul

tallpaul
    from England

Does anyone have any more pictures of c cabs using this body.What ever happened to the Vern Matsushita car?

7. RustyBuckets

RustyBuckets

I just picked up a Dan woods C cab. I will try to post pics later. Maybe you guys can school me a little bit on this

8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Tom, is there a chance you could get Newton to send you a digital file of the "Hi-Roller" concept illustration? I'd love to see a whole book on his art, but for now....haha
    I said it before, this variant of the C-cab has so much style. Absolutely bitchin'. I'm not knocking the Milk Truck (Dan Wood's stuff is always cool), but these two are from different planets, style wise.

9. tallpaul

tallpaul
    from England

I am looking forward to seeing your pics RustyBuckets and I totally agree with you Jeem the Hi-Roller is "absolutely bitchin".

10. dirt

dirt

here are the pictures of RustyBuckets c-cab.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

lucky S.O.B

12. tallpaul

tallpaul
    from England

RustyBuckets you have a PM.

13. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man thats a cool c cab rustyBuckets got a nice ride

14. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Today I went to look at some cars for sale. One of them was a Newton/Woods C-Cab, with the opposed coil spring front end, a lot like the black one in the first post.
    It had no engine or trans, & I didn't ask the price because I was really interesed in one of the other cars. Now I'm wondering what might be worth.

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn Pete, I wouldn't know how to answer that one. I mean, Dan didn't build hundreds of these, but then they aren't everyones cup of tea either. It would almost have to be on of those "gut feeling" deals where if it feels too expensive, it probably is, right? I do know that I found a body alone here in Phoenix at a local meet about two years ago for 400.00, but only I seemed to know what it was or even cared. In my mind the Dan Woods pedigree should carry some weight, but how much?

16. tallpaul

tallpaul
    from England

Pete,any chance of getting any pictures of the C cab?I think that the Vern Matsushita car is probably the best looking C cab I have seen.

17. Tony Gilliam

Tony Gilliam

Here is mine. it was titled in 1978. I bought it out of a barn in Greenville Ohio in December 2012

Attached Files:

18. butch27

butch27

Tony: That thing is sweet!

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool!!!

20. Koz

Koz

Watching this thread! C Cabs are just the ginchyist. I need to build a steel or aluminum one in this style.

21. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

some threads don't matter when they fade away, i'm glad this one's kinds' want'n to come back! what happend to those molds anyway?

22. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

scan0004.jpg

0623111602.jpg

0830131825.jpg

0914131224a.jpg
    ok sports fans here is the latest and greatest. I am still vertical and taking neroushiment and plans for the C CAB are still on the table. there will be one built to start off with the original front suspension. I have been collecting more parts and other things that will make it a real eye catcher. I am currently working another project that will be on the street soon. look at the pictures and decide for yourself. things don't happen at the snap of the fingers, contrary to popular belief. on that note be patient. good things come to those that have patients. please note the pictures of the current project are mock up shots and some are of finished parts too.

23. abone1930

abone1930

What brand and size front tires are those ?

24. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

they are a D.O.T. rated straight tread tractor tire. 5.00-15 and they are on 3 1/2" craiger pizza cutters

25. abone1930

abone1930

Whete did ya buy them ?

26. chaz75

chaz75
    from Mesa, AZ

so anything new on this?

27. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

I have had quite a few inquires and some sounded very positive. well as things go there has no money brought to the table. it can be quite an expensive endeavor to just pop one out and then have they buyer back out. there are some springs that have to be manufactured and the set up at a local spring shop charges $200.00 just for the set up. to make it worth while at least 6 springs would have to be produced and that over the counter price is $600.00. when I see money on the table then things definitely will happen.

28. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

as far as I have been told he passed away some years ago, and with in the last 2 yrs. Don Kendal passed away also. he was real close with Dan Woods. as far as the where abouts of Dan I was informed he has closed his business in Northern California and gone into retirement.

29. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

well I have the mold and I have all the last of the parts for the opposing coil spring front suspension.

30. VON HEMI

VON HEMI
    from brasil

I got a body...looks like original, cause there’s a magazine ad, with what look to be exactly the same body.... 1b53d27d-024f-4b3e-9d9d-933b43a153e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.