Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

The bedliner looks great and is perfect for a car that is intended to be used.

2. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks jim

thank you , actually it would need wayyyyyyyyyyyy more time to paint the bottom of the wagon to make it look really nice , so bedliner worked out great .:D
    thanks yes i inend to drive the wheels off of this thing:eek:

3. This continues to be a super inspiring thread Cody. This car will be one for the books!!!

4. The car's looking great! Keep up the good work.

5. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

That raptor stuff works good. We did my brother in laws jeep tub and hard top with it. 3 years and it's holding up well.

6. Nice work Cody,

Its a sucky job cleaning up underneath a car but looks really nice, well worth the effort.
    Keep it up, it wont take long for it to all come together.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What did you spray it with, Cody, i gotta do my bed soon.

8. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Nads, when we did the brother in laws jeep he bought the kit that came with 4 bottles of raptor and the gun to spray it with. pour the hardener in the bottle, shake and screw on to the gun. worked really well. I don't know if thats how Cody did it, but that's how we did it.

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

OK, it comes with the gun.

10. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

The underside looks really good. I love this build. I am gonna have to try that Berliner on my truck project. Once I get it that far :). Great job!

11. 59brokewood

59brokewood

underside looks great! I wish I had that rotisserie. I am going to use the upol raptor liner on my projects too, I have heard a lot of good reviews on it.

Thanks for the reply on the gas tank, I actually read your whole thread front to back (thats why I signed up here) and I catch up monthly. I must have overlooked that when you did the rear floor swap. Keep it up man it is going to be awesome! Can't wait to start on mine again... Great job!

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys its been a very busy week , and it seemed like everytime i got on to respond something else came up

thank you

thanks

yah we've been using it for years on customers cars and it is some great stuff
    thanks , yes and no to it comming toeghter , there still so much to do and with this being such a big car it seems like its taking forever

thanks for answering that i ment to get back to nads :(

sorry nads, you can just get the bedliner alone or the kit , but i looked everywhere and i found the kit on e bay for 120$ the cheepist so y not get the gun with it too the gun is just a cheep undercoating gun , i did the bottom of the wagon in 6 quarts but i put it on pretty heavy , i bet you could do your bead with just one kit . they also have the tintable stuff that u can put a urithane base coat in so you can aney color you want. it way its some great stuff

thanks yah the bedline works wonders and its not that expensive ither

your welcome i might not get back right away to every one responces but i eventually do .yah i coulntd be aney happier with the u pol bed liner its some great stuff, ,

are you going to do a build thread on your wagon as well ?

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

so i spent another wo days working on the wagon , yesterday my brother came over to help out , which i was taking the bushing out of the controll arm while hes was sandblasting the the suspension parts , so today i painted most of all my suspension parts , moved the speedo gear on the t 5 and the got busy working on the frame cleaning up all the rough areas ,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

new polygraphite bushing ready to be installed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

so since the 12 port head for my 292 is so rare nobody has a intake /exhaust gasket for it , so today i got the gasket material in the mail , i ordered it from remflex gasket company , so now all i have to do it cut it out.

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

15. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, you know your on the down hill side when you clean and paint parts for reassemble, looks good....Jim

16. wolfex1

wolfex1

Thanks to Cody for welding up my beer keg fuel tank! Nice job! WX1

17. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm tryin' to figure out how to give this thread 6 stars...

18. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

this car is coming out nice. great build!

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks jim , i dont know about reassemble yet but im hoping here by the end of may begining of jun for the frame aneyways , well see

thanks chris, it was fun
    i doubt 6 stars, maby 3 there are so many other great builds going on here , but thank you

thanks

20. Hip

Hip

VERY NICE!, Cody. I really dig the hood treatment, its the little attention to details that make you stand out from the crowd. :)

21. hemifarris

hemifarris

Good to see you've gotten this far Cody. I love the fact that you haven't cut any corners doing this build. Your vision and workmanship are outsanding. You should almost be to the point where you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.If it were mine,(I know it's not) , I wouldn't start driving it to shows until it's totally finished. The only reason I say this is I'm 67 years old and when I was younger I'd start driving my projects to shows before they were done, then I'd get so many compliments before I'd finish it that I just kept driving it unfinished. I made certain my El Camino and the last 4 or 5 of my builds were 100% complete so that when guys/gals see the finished product they $hit their pants. It's totally my opinion. I wish Jay Fishbeck and Nads would get theirs done. They are also doing excellent builds. Anyways, take care and keep up the fine workmanship on the car you've put all your blood, sweat and tears into.......Mike Farris

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

This build is the best by far, the quality is impeccable, I'm a hack in comparison.

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thank you
    thanks mike , yah i cant wait to see jay and nads get there elkys done to
    both of them are real cloes to getting them finished , with the wagon im going to finish it before i start driving it , because i know if i dont it will never get done :eek:
    whatever nads,:D your doing a killer job as well , i cant wait to see your elky done , what are you doing for interior ?

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Going nuts, wait and see.

25. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I can't wait to see , :D

26. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

nothing real major going on today , i spent the day cleaning up the third member , and painting that ,onces that was done i went back to cleaning up and doing some body work to the door jams and tailgate jam areas , its all this little stuff thats eating up a lot of my time and doesnt realy show a lot of progress.

27. sawzall

sawzall

awesome visiting with you at the showdown..
    glad your sticking too it!

28. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, progress is progress.....Jim

29. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

just checked back in on this thread. sorry i didnt respond to you about 5 pages back. ill check out the elky builds. and my truck is BEAT. got all fresh bed sheetmetal and an entire new roof clip to go in. shes a runner though. ran flawlessly for four hours when i drove it home after i bought. sheetmetal will be getting done soon, and it should be on bags within another month... hopefully. btw keep up the work on the wagon, great job

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yes it was good seeing you too jeff :D

yah i know :rolleyes:
    no prob man , cool do you have any pics , what air ride set up did u go with ?