Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does this make me a bad person?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, May 4, 2012.

1. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Just visited my friends garage. Everything in place, floor swept. all his old cars polished or covered. I feel like a slob but I do get things done and the end product is pretty good. I guess you can't change the person you are.

Attached Files:

2. The last time I cleaned and straightened up my shop I couldn't find a damn thing after...

3. Terrible, now get out of my shop. :D

The Ol' Man was always real organized everthing in its place, tools always layed out just so. I on the otherhand am more of an organized chaos kind of a guy.

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

from chaos, beauty.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

By nature I am a slob, but I am getting better at keeping things clean and organized. I am mainly doing it out of frustration over trying to find something that I KNOW I have and that I put in a place where I would be able to find it easy, but it is lost somewhere in the shop. My Son's also are on my case a lot to keep things neater because they have to wallow in my mess to work on their own projects. :eek:

I spent last night redoing some of the shop and getting parts into clear plastic bins so I can see what is in there, and I have to admit it will make my life a whole lot easier if I keep it this way.

Don

6. moonman29

moonman29

Well at least I'm not the only one. But I bet your like me, you know exactly where everything is right?!?!

7. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

I tend to have moments of organization, then a slow decline into functional clutter till I cant find something. Then back to organization.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow you have room for your car in your garage! I havent even been able to get the nose of one of one of my rigs in my garage for the past six years because I have so much clutter in it. I need to quit buying those pieces of equipment that I always wanted and never could get before.

9. Willy301

Willy301

If that makes you a bad person, than I am just horrible :D

10. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

My shop is dirty, black, messy, dusty. Thats the result from working.

11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Last time I cleaned I found all sorts of things I was missing!

12. upspirate

upspirate

This is the clean shop right???? At least compared to mine!!!:(

13. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

Guess I have it pretty good. My wife and daughter get home in the afternoons and come sweep my shop and put up tools for me. But then again her car and my daughters 4 wheeler get priority service.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IF For just two letters it makes a damn big word!:(

Doc.

15. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Yeah, yeah so you are messy........:) more pictures of the p-15 please!!!:D

16. Most of my garage is pretty neat right now. The machine shop end is another story... chaos. I have to make room for a lathe, so I might get to it soon.

About 2X a year, we drag most everything outside and onto the driveway, sweep it out, throw out the junk and put it all back neatly.

Bob

17. cederholm

cederholm

My son is not yet old enough for me to blame him for misplacing my tools the way my father blamed me, so until that day comes I'm forced to TRY to keep my shop clean. It's an uphill battle!

18. lowelife

lowelife

YES! Well maybe I should read the question first....

19. your not messy, just people don't understand your organizational style!

20. I have been in bussiness now for36 years ,and my shop is very un NEAT......
    Something to consider is this-
    Does the excessive compulsive builder's shop with everything in its place and "the floor you could eat off of" -stay after hours and weekends to accomplish this or are you the customer paying for that time spent being ultra meticulous, as well as the actual work being done on your vehicle?

21. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

p-15? Not sure what you mean.

22. sambo

sambo

Being messy doesnt make you a bad person,showing all of us does!;) LOVE the bucket! Your end results should drown out the clutter,by far!Ive always thought of Trosley toons,the beutifully built hot rod out of the messy shop.I'm worse if that helps but I dont have anything that nice to show for it!

23. outlaw256

outlaw256

no brother it dont make you a bad person, just a sloppy person.lol im really bad about keeping everything neat, clean and in its place.i get alot done and most of the times the shop stayspretty clean. when i was a young kid like 5 or 6 yrs old i had to have my room clean bed made up etc. hated it when it wasnt. carried that over into about everything i did or do.EXCEPT for the way i dress and wear m,y hair.lol jeans with holes all over them t shirts stained and kinda holey. hair long, beard long and braided. wrinkled bandana wrapped around my head.all clean as a whistle but not to neat. lol. im just kidding about you being sloppy, man dont get pissed. im the one with the problem, not you lol and thats the fact , jack !!

24. A MESSY SHOP IS A BUSY SHOP.......period.

25. Mjrdude

Mjrdude

If my garage was as uncluttered as yours I could prolly find all the stuff I have lost. So if the pics make you a bad person, then I'm the devil. :p

26. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Yeah, but when a "new" old car comes home, we tend to clean up will quick

27. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

I try to keep my garage cleaned and organized. It usually lasts one weekend of working and it s cluttered again. I have seen pics of gene weinfields shops. Looks pretty in neat. Lol

28. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

29. Soviet

Soviet

The 5 window.

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my shop is messy and organized at the same time.

it was full, then I built a 8 x 10 room inside so it was extra full. then I re arranged everything and all was good. then I got another car to put inside, so I had to move everything again. it is still somewhat of a mess, but my tools are organized and most of my junk is on shelves or above my new office. it is a never ending battle to keep it fairly organized.