Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG, Newbie, Grenade Inspector, Etc. .??

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by White_Attack, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, so I wanted to get this straight. I keep seeing FNG, Newbie, Grenade Inspector under peoples Member Names and couldn't understand what they stand for and why they're there. Also, When people mention ' Hamb Friendly ' and ask, ' Is my car H.A.M.B. Friendly? Why wouldn't it be? I don't understand that either. Please don't make fun, I'm kind of starting out and everyone begins somewhere, you were there also. Thanks for the help!

2. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

FNG means 'fuckin new guy
    Newbie means a little bit better than a FNG
    Grenade inspector means a little bit better than a Newbiue
    all of the "grades" are based on the number of postings you make and the length of time on the HAMB some guys have been registered for years, and still see newbie below their names, POST and you will rise from the ranks my son

HAMB friendly means a time frame basically centered around how it was done in the heyday of hot rods...

which is usually up to 1964, which is also the cut off date for most vehicles associated with the HAMB

I THINK>>>>>>>

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

The titles are post count based and don't mean a thing. If they were post quality based, that would be something!

This site has managed to maintain a strict focus, not easy in a world where that seems to be a crime. The focus is Traditional Hot Rods and Customs. Typically, but not always, pre-65 vehicles built in the style they would have been in the same time period.

So, depending on the style of your vehicles...

-1961 Cadillac De Ville. Hylas ---potentially friendly
    -1965 International Pickup.Cornelius ---potentially friendly
    -1969 Mercedes Uni-Mog. Crawler ---Not friendly. Very cool, just not what this place is about.

Hope that helped....

4. Ha, Alright thanks. At Least my Car List doesn't include 1992 Honda Accord or some other Modern car like I've seen on here! I've actually seen a waste of some abandoned users (and some still in use) listing their Civic or modern cars and Nothing Classic at all!

5. D'Monsta

D'Monsta

I think big rims and "donks" are out on here, too.

6. afaulk

afaulk

Mitsubishi's even if they're 1943's, arent cool either.

7. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

1-49 = fng
    50-99 = newbie
    100-399 = grenade inspector
    400-999 = member
    1000-2499 = senior member
    2500+ = old school hamber

8. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I was wondering myself. Took me forever just to figure out what HAMB stood for. Sad I know...

9. jroberts

jroberts

Maybe I have just missed something somewhere, but I do not want to post stuff that is not H.A.M.B. friendly. My '65 Studebaker Cruiser looks exactly like a 1964. The difference is that '65 and '66 Studebakers were no longer produced in the U.S. but only in Hamilton, Ontario. The no longer used the Studebaker engines, but instead McKinnon engins (Canadian GM). My question is, is my '65 H.A.M.B. friendly? It is undergoing some modifications such as lowering, quick steering arms, over size sway bars, disc brakes and a late model overdrive tranny, but the car is still essentially stock.

Thanks for the help

10. Jarhead1986

Jarhead1986
    BANNED

Very useful thread.........Very.

11. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

always wondered what the post counts were

12. hey Rashy cant this be made a sticky?? just a suggestion as much as it comes up..

13. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Support and you get a fancy name and people think your cool..........sorta'. But, it is kinda' cool to meet others at car events and you ask them "Are you a HAMB alliance member?" and they say "No, I have been thinking about it"......and they don't get the secret handshake. Oh yea, and it supports the site..........aka: The hot rod guys 'crack'.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?page_id=175

14. raymay

raymay

Still a FNG since joining in 2008. I guess I mostly have enjoyed spending my time reading what others have posted. There is some great stuff on here that appeals to all types. It is also a great place to get and share ideas.
    Oh well, maybe this post will get me one step closer to the next level.

15. rld14

rld14

If its built as a traditional style Kustom I'd imagine it would be. There's some vehicles where the body style started in 1964 that seem to be exempted.

I'm sure if I built a 65 T Bird as a 60s style Kustom it would be fine, a 68 Grand Prix? Nope.

16. Ruidoso

Ruidoso

so a Zero is not cool? :D

17. Nope zeros arent cool ... but bettys are!

18. Ruidoso

Ruidoso

oh c´mon!!! a Zero was a real dogfighter!!....but yeah bettys ARE better :D

19. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

1-49 = fng
    50-99 = newbie
    100-399 = grenade inspector
    400-999 = member
    1000-2499 = senior member
    2500+ = old school hamber

Does"""" PM sent""""" count ? May explain a complaint in another post about manors

20. 61 Tx Cat

61 Tx Cat

Thanks I just found this and now it all makes since.

21. factory stocker

factory stocker

in the same boat,hope we get "accepted""

22. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes... as an FNG I had to actually ask what is an FNG?
    And the response was, well, quick and straight into my PM! I thank you Old Hamb'ers for teaches me a learning.
    With that, now I have come across this thread and I understand more about the Post count and how much more hill I have yet to climb.

23. spacebull1

spacebull1
    from Belgrade

It's hard when I read this..I will be newbie for next 70 posts.... [​IMG]:D

24. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Ahhhh, time will pass quickly F....ng New Grasshopper. Do not despair.

25. Adger Smith

Adger Smith

In my advanced age I'm really nothing like a FNG. Break it down: FU#^in ... well skip that and go to the New, nothing "New" about me Please refer back to Fu#^in.. to prove that... Guy, Yes I think that I fit that classification.
    What is all this Betty and Zero stuff? Sounds like a bunch of "Working Girls" names.
    Gosh, I'm dazed and confused. It's late I had better give my pillow some head!

26. metalshapes

metalshapes

When A J Foyt went to Bonneville in the mid '90s he had to do his rooky tests.

We all know Foyt is one of the most experienced drivers around, with huge accomplishments.

But at that time, appearently, not at Bonneville.

So if A J Foyt of all people can do do his rooky test, and take that in his stride,

You can be a Fuckin New Guy on the HAMB.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  27. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

I also wondered, but I wasn't about to ask! I already had my head bit off by the "oldtimers" when I asked a question.

28. Compton

Compton
    from Grimesland

Happy to be an FNG!!!

29. dale helf

dale helf

still a newbie,can i reply to a post now and then????....please!!!!maybe i should get a COOL name instead of my real one?........dale helf

30. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

At least you guys arent getting gang raped...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.