Register now to get rid of these ads!

Picked up a nice Galaxie!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintageauto, Apr 29, 2012.

1. von zipper

von zipper

AGREED!!!! I almost ripped my door off when it popped into reverse and went towards my house while in the driveway! :eek:

2. The Doddfather

The Doddfather
    from Va

great looking galaxie, my model A has the same shifter too.....without the neutral safety switch mine has almost seen the family room through the garage wall a few times

3. wally426ci

wally426ci

Great score man, hope to see that one out around here sometime!

4. Roger53

Roger53

One of my all time I'd like to have cars enjoy.

5. Nice, Murph. You did good.

6. spacebull1

spacebull1
    from Belgrade

WOW...Very nice looking care....Congrats..<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:)

7. sololobo

sololobo

Wow, that is a sweet Galaxie. Our buddy Jason in Omaha has a black one that he and his Dad cruz and drag race. Love those beautiful cars. Congrats, under dash air has always been cool with me. Enjoy. ~sololobo~

8. richie rebel

richie rebel

no disrespect,but 9 sec. in the 1/4,maybe down a mine shaft

9. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

Best looking Ford ever built. I had a 63 1/2 in HS, black w/black cloth interior, 289 3spd. Slight rise in the rear with chrome reverse...wish I still had it.

10. Thanks all for the heads up. I had one of these in a Dodge.....popped out once...I'll be careful

Murph

11. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Ford & Merc also used this optional "Select Air" underdash unit as well. A little flashier looking that the basic model.
    I'm guessing your auto trans is the original cruise-o-matic?
    If so, I'm sure you are aware of three different "drive" positions for forward motion, but many first time owners are unaware how it works. All the way back is first as you would expect.
    The second position starts out in first gear, then shifts to second, then to third. This is the gear that you would normally drive with.
    The third position that you normally associate with the normal "Drive", starts the car out in 2nd gear then shifts to 3rd.
    You may or may not have figured this out by now, but at speeds above 20-25 mph, all the way up to 55-60 mph, you can drop the shifter into the "first" position and it will only downshift into 2nd gear! If you coast down to a stop it will automatically drop into first by 20 mph.
    Pretty cool to drive with, especially if you like to hear those pipes!

Attached Files:

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

One tough looking car....really like those Fords.
    Good for you.
    Cheers.....

13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Gorgeous Gal! I have an original white '63-1/2, it's also a 289 w/Cruiso.

I got a low mileage '63 Merc Marauder 390 with C-6 from a dealer friend. My car will sit similar to yours, but I have some gennie American Torq-Thrusts.

These were (are) beautiful Fords. (even the Chevy guys like 'em)

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

X2 You'll never find a more "dyed in the wool" Chevy man than me but I would make room in my garage for a '63/4 Galaxy with a dual quad 427 4 speed.

Frank

15. Hey 390....your right. My friend with the Turq. 63 showed me how it works.....Green Dot info....it really does feel good when you shift the trans that way...Thanks for the heads up.

Great comments...Thanks All

Murph
    :cool:

16. pride63

pride63

Fantastic car. Stupid question but why is it a sixty three and half?

17. It was a mid-year release with the new fastback roofline instead of the "box-top" ostensibly built for a better aerodynamic advantage in NASCAR competition.

18. Exactly--so they could do this. Pic is of 63 Daytona 500. Tiny Lund won in a 63.5 Galaxie. 63 Galaxies placed 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, and 24th.

[​IMG]

19. Great photo, bembry. Thanks for posting. '63 and '64 were some fabulous yrs. for Ford in stock car racing with some beautiful cars and a long list of talented drivers. Fred Lorenzen shown driving the #28 was one of my all-time favorites.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  20. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

My buddy and I left a pool-o-drool by that car. Nice buy. envy envy

21. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

"no disrespect,but 9 sec. in the 1/4,maybe down a mine shaft"

Richie rebel called Bullshit the 9 second times of your buddy's galaxie. Care to comment?

22. Beautiful old Ford! I love the '63, used to have one myself. 390 4bbl, not quite 9 sec. but it felt good. ;)

23. BattlestarOne

BattlestarOne
    from PA

He's right, total bullshit. No way.............

9.89 @ 137

Street friendly 9 second Galaxie? Nope, no way, just can't happen.

Maybe a video??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qxX87g78MxM

[​IMG][​IMG]

24. Great video. Can anyone say.....validation.;)

25. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

So cool...my two favorite cars.

26. richie rebel

richie rebel

well, its time to man up and eats some crow,now that i know this car from woodward ave 2003 wed or thurs night,i,m cruising the ave in my box top 63 300 406 tri power,its like 9 or 10 around 12 mile and i see this 63 turq ford,few guys standing around the car i pull in start b.s.ing with them, its gary, he should remember me if he's on the hamb,anyway the car is the real deal......richie..

27. S.F.

S.F.

28. ........Don't forget to pick the feathers outta your teeth:D..........Seriously, It takes a big man to admit he may have been wrong. You are to be commended.:)

29. BattlestarOne

BattlestarOne
    from PA

No problem Richie, many people have underestimated the Old Gal....:)

I signed up for the HAMB last summer but today was my first post! I'll be at Woodward this year, probably driving a Black '62 Country Squire. We've been parking at John Vermeesch's lot at 12-1/2 Mile for last few years.

Greg

30. richie rebel

richie rebel

greg,look at the pics in my album,see if you recognize my ford...richie