Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drive your car already!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MATACONCEPTS, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I'm over here hussleing, trying to get my fricken "A" running & drivinig cuase Im stuck driving a Honda. I drive classics!!! I run over to CW MOSS to pick up some parts at lunch & while waiting, I talk to other customers a mostly older guys, so you know they probally have the "cool" model, you know, a roadster instead of a coupe, a 2 door instead of a 4 door, a 32 instead of a 31, . . . Then, they bust out pictures, everyone has a camera/phones. "COOL" I like cars"!!! What do I see . . . . Kugel Suspensions, Bitchen Firewalls, "Champ" rims on BF goodriches, . . . Billet

You can't inlighten a grown man that "OLD" car styles have changes!!!
    All I could say is, "Wow you've been working on that for quite a while"

DRIVE THAT SHIT!!!!!:)

2. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I hate hondas!!!

3. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";7730725]I hate hondas!!![/QUOTE]

"Arigato Mr Roboto"

4. ernest t bass

ernest t bass
    from Iowa

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";7730725]I hate hondas!!![/QUOTE]Yep X2

5. Willy301

Willy301

The Honda plant is near us, and we refer to the employees as Hondroids....

6. bohica2xo

bohica2xo
    from Las Vegas

Yep

drive in to the local So-Cal speedshop with my '65 - all I hear is either how they have a better mopar (which is NOT parked in a lot full of jap cans) Or how bad my car's paint looks, how it would look better with XYZ wheels, etc.

Fuck-em. Their '32's are safe in the garage because it is "a little warm / windy today"

B.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

RIGHT ON! Along with a few compliments I get, it never fails that some "princess" pops off about his "ride". Yet, it's NEVER on the street. It's tucked away because the rain percentage is above 20%. Or, they only TRAILER it out for the YEARLY auto-rama. They love to tell you what should be done about the chipped paint on YOUR car, but fail to mention that thiers doesn't have chips because it's only driven 100 miles a year, to go to a monthly breakfast at 5:00am... when the traffic is safe..

Jeeze..... rant over.

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm sorry...what was the question?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I am not sure of the point here - many of the "Old" guys built their cars in the style that was popular at the time and if it worked then why spend the $$ to change it now? same as the "Old" guy still driving what was a brand new car when he retired many years ago. worked then, works now why spend $$ to be trendy?

10. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

What Im saying, "Some get TOO caught up "DOING IT ALL, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES" Next thing you know 10, 20, 30, years pass & its still in the garage, with its state-of-the-art Volarie front suspension.

11. moefuzz

moefuzz

Well ok then, I thought you were bad mouthing Billet!:D

-I think those guys have been subscribing to Sheet Rodder for way too long...
    (and they probably know Janet on a first name basis);)

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Don't loose any sleep over the time I'm taking on my car, I don't give a Fuck about yours. :mad:Bob

13. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Well, this 'old guy' drove his '40 coupe to work the last two days. Usually drive it everyday, but we're getting a lot of rain. The wipers suck, and the rear end gets squirrelly in the rain!

14. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

It's the same everywhere. The older guys were finally making enough money by the early '90s to upgrade their old Hot Rods that they drove and wore out in the '60s. The thing to do was Mustang II, disk brakes, etc.... you know the story.

They are still having a hard time with the "Upgrade" they did, and now their old car would be WAY cooler than what they have now. Here we come rolling in with a car that everybody likes and their luxo-resto-mod looks pretty common and outdated.

That's what I see....

15. Ahh yes.. another we're cooler than them thread.

How does it affect you what some old guys build?

Mick

16. Bob:eek:! a swear word?

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Have a lot of friends like that but I have learned over the years that a lot of them were driving cars (like you like and I like) forty and fifty years ago. They changed along with the times they lived in and "up graded" as they went and are now to the age when they want all the new stuff and soft rides and disc brakes, etc etc.....I don't, but they do and that's cool, it's their car.

18. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I was at a cruise night when some guy walks up and talks me he retired from GM and '65 Biscaynes didn't come with "427"'s, pointing at my fender badges. I said so? He asked me if I did that. I said yeah, so what? Then he says he has a real "Yenko". So I said, "Let's see your car, you see mine, so let's see yours! If not, fuck off and die!". The guy starts backing away and says, "I didn't mean anything by it!". I told him, "Yes you did, so until you drive you car, eat shit!".

19. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

no shit,,,my dad ( i love him and owe it all to him) is an older guy who was in a car club back in the early 60's that is still world famous to this day..his father was an original hot rodder (stripping down stock model a's in the 30'/40'ss) and his fathers father ran a gas station/welding shop in the 30's-60's...

..with that being said...most of the time we do not agree on what a project should be,,,most of the time he is thinking 80's-90's type stuff. and of course i am thinking 40's -50's type build...and you know what? ...i look up to him and i never have considered disrespecting his taste,,just because YOU have discovered building a traitional hot rod is COOL,,,you are more than likley missing out on some good info or stories from some of these old guys that while their taste might not suit you,,,and you think they are not cool enough because they roll on champ 500's...if you listen long enough,,you might hear some pretty cool ass storys about hotrodding from back in the day....

20. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I hate Hondas AND Billet! You guys are probably right to that it's wrong to say that were cooler than the old guys but we DO have better taste in cars.

21. trollst

trollst

Well....I am an old guy with a cool rod, built the way I wanted...its been on the road reliably for 15 years and a hundred thousand miles. It started life as a Bellingham Washington airport fire truck stored in a hangar, a 36 Ford firetruck, over the course of two years I built a 52 ford pickup frame with a 76 nova rear, a stock mustang II front with 4 cyl springs, a 64 327 chev, 30 over with flat tops, camel hump heads, turbo 350, 220 gears in the back. Hunted down pickup fenders, saved them as they were junk, look great now, built my own box, painted it flat black with metalflake thouroughly mixed in, moon discs all round, pinstiping here and there, did it all myself. Its seen a hundred miles an hour 500 times, been very reliable, and to be honest, I couldn't give a rats ass what anyone else thinks, I'll never sell it. Its the best hot rod I've ever built, and I've built lots.
    See me and it at www.trolls.quack.net

22. trollst

trollst

On edit..my truck has been on the road 11 years, not fifteen, but for the "traditionalists", my truck is built as traditional, its as hot rod as a 36 ford pickup gets. Even the front suspension is 33 years old, that hardly qualifies it as non traditional. Just cause the parts used doesn't meet some peoples approval, I'm old enough to remember when alot of the stuff on this board was new, and from my perspective...if it don't have fenders outside the body, it ain't that old.
    Having said that, I read with great interest, all the young guns bringing back these cars for daily drivers and customs, I love the whole rockabilly thing, and all around love the diversity that our collective hobby brings. At the few shows I go to..I appreciate the hard work and talent that goes into every car there, every guy and gal there is rightfully proud of their ride, as it should be.

23. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

So, how are those anger management classes working out for you?
    Paul

24. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Funny, I'm usually not like that, but this guy rubbed me the wrong way. The guys that pick apart your car but they don't have one. That's why, I usually leave my car parked and walk around.

25. schpud

schpud
    from ME

I somehow imagine these guys ride Harley baggers too.

26. RodStRace

RodStRace

Guys, the percentage of people into cars is pretty small. We have threats coming at us from lots of other groups. Beautify the town folks, keep the air clean folks, safety folks, etc.
    While I have strong opinions on cars and styles, I also understand that if that person built something that isn't going to fall apart and cause even more of 'them' to come after 'us' he's on our side, even if his ride is in the garage. No need to splinter our small group even more.
    United we stand, divided we fall.

27. flathead okie

flathead okie

28. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

As the great Smokey Unick said in another post:
    "A smart guy never learned nothing with his mouth open"

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Abso-feakin'-lutely!!! Why discount some one else's style? Most of these guys that you are laughing at have more "been there done that" time than you will have before your sixty... Then there will be some young guy laughing at you too!

30. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I aint gonna lie, its a pain in the ass driving these cars, I then we want to make them stick!! I'm 6'0, I don't fit!!!! There's a reason why cars evolved, but . . . . we're all a bunch of sick fucks!!!!!! I just want a world of old cars & everyone dicking around with them too! You know, having the time of your life. And I don't care to stop! And I'm not! DOING IT!!!:p:D:):p:D:cool:;):D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.