Register now to get rid of these ads!

FOUND! '55 Gasser "SATISFACTION" 2 Door Post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trksmth, Mar 24, 2012.

1. trksmth

trksmth

Here is the marriage vows, I body, take one frame, till crusher does us in or till driver crashes us to hell! lol :)

Attached Files:

2. trksmth

trksmth

More body shots...

Attached Files:

3. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about the body/paint? What is your plan for that? Paint and lettering like the original Satisfaction ?

4. I just caught up with this thread.........way cool........love the classical Gas look on the 55's........i need to get some time in on mine ......I will be tuning in on the progress..........congrats.....;):D

5. trksmth

trksmth

Well I don't know right now, I'm just test fitting everything.

I'm waiting to see some of the old glory day pictures first, then I may paint it to them, but I really don't like to have anything painted (I'm not a body or paint guy).

I might use a different 250 Belair post I have, but it's rusty (Part's car one).

This car wasn't a business coupe, so if we use this body (one on the chassis now) we'll call her "SATISFACTION II"

But ya Baron, same letting for sure!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. trksmth

trksmth

This was the way I put her in for the night, not bad for a days work...

I must say the last pic is looking pretty sexy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  7. trksmth

trksmth

Thanks, Gasser Madness! Just having fun.

8. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

9. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

10. trksmth

trksmth

Ya, it looks nothing like "Satisfaction":D...

Attached Files:

11. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Mike,

Keep up the good work, you are obivously not doing this to be a profiteer, but for the love of an old gasser.

My old gasser the "Rug Rat" C/A ( raced by the son of a carpet peddler) also ran a 427 BBC with Crower injection and Clutch flight, my plan is to rebuild it to its former glory as well, but with a 4spd instead of the clutch flight for driveability.

As far as the old body, it could have been saved, but it would have taken a ton of work.I know this is not your fault, but it is a shame that people get in hurry to cut something up and scrap it before seeing if someone else would be willing to fix it.

I am one of those guys that has saved cars that bad and if you look at my blue 55 it needed floors, rockers, almost all the body braces etc. I had more time than money so I fixed it.

Bring back the memory of Satisfaction in its glory days!!

Tex

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  12. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

I would second that.....In TLB they raced in TN back in the early '70s when the movie has shot.

I will have to watch it again ( what a good excuse)

Can anybody pull up that race footage and see if Satisfaction was in the movie?

That would be really cool!!

13. spacebull1

spacebull1
    from Belgrade

Well done mate...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>;)<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" height="1" width="1">

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" allowscriptaccess="always" height="1" width="1"></object>

14. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

Looking good.

15. This is about the best 8 1/2 minutes here, your car looks good by the way...lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N-FVODNiBaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. trksmth

trksmth

Wow Tex,

I have gone through you '55 four door two door build a couple of time. I
    love that build, I won't of changed a thing, it turn out great!

I haven't seen Rug Rat before, wow I dig that too, I'll have to see if you had a thread on it and check it out.

Both cars look great, no new paint, that's the way I like 'em

Glad you stopped by and shared the with us, I'm putting the '55 on the back burner for now. No ones has posted any old glory day pics so I can't go on.

Stay in touch/ Mike

17. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Just awsome, im a sucker for a 55 chevy gasser!!!

18. trksmth

trksmth

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";7689840]Just awsome, im a sucker for a 55 chevy gasser!!![/QUOTE]

I checked out the album on your '55, whats the story on her?

That has to have some history.

Mike

19. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

It does actually, It was built by a truck driver named harold bray. Ran a 301 engine with a 4 spd trans and olds rearend. They eventually blew up the 301 and built a killer 327. The car ran up until the mid 70s and was sold. The people that bought it took the motor and trans and sold it to a farmer. The car sat in a field for years until I got it. I been workin on it off and on but I plan to go drag racin next year!!! The funny thing is I live a block away from were the car was actually built back in the 60s!!! :cool:

20. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Thanks!! I watched it closely and did not see Satisfaction, but it could have run at this track, just not the day they filmed TLB.

21. trksmth

trksmth

Me too, I watched 5-6 clips, than we watch the move, twice!

A buddy stopped by with ten minuets let and said, what movie was that? You've never seen TLBT? No! So we watched it again with him.

I can't believe how many people haven't seen these classics:confused:

22. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I know, Its one of my favorite movies!!! :D

23. trksmth

trksmth

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";7689915]It does actually, It was built by a truck driver named harold bray. Ran a 301 engine with a 4 spd trans and olds rearend. They eventually blew up the 301 and built a killer 327. The car ran up until the mid 70s and was sold. The people that bought it took the motor and trans and sold it to a farmer. The car sat in a field for years until I got it. I been workin on it off and on but I plan to go drag racin next year!!! The funny thing is I live a block away from were the car was actually built back in the 60s!!! :cool:[/QUOTE]

What great story, I can't get enough of these gasser stories. Thanks for taking time to share that with us. Mike

24. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Wow man! You're really coming along on this thing. I saw it a few years back at the Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion Cruising the pits, such a cool car. Good Luck on the Build!

25. Looks like a whole lot of fun to me!

26. ERKEL

ERKEL

SATISFACTION was not in TLB. Several people from our area was in the movie though. Tom 'Spooley' Whittenbarger was the driver of the ElCamino and Ray Smith was the flagger. Bruce Loveday was another local in TLB. Spooley and another gentleman built another 55 gasser last year that is a BBC with alum heads and a pro shifted Jerico. Fun car on the street!

27. trksmth

trksmth

Thanks for the info, I didn't think so, but was wishing!:D Mike

28. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

cool story, cool build, i feel even though it's not the same car it will pay a great tribute to the original. keep up the good work.

29. TomH

TomH

Mike, Was on the garage tour in March that included your place. What a time warp, it was like stepping back in time. I enjoyed it very much, thanks for letting us invade the place, and hope I can stop by again some time. Good luck on your build whichever way you decide to go.

Tom

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  30. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

cool car (s), im a lover of history, lots of content here. thank you for sharing!