Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Took a young couple to Prom in the Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirk35, May 3, 2012.

1. Dirk35

Dirk35

I took a young couple to prom in the Model A this last weekend. I originally was just going to pick them up from the restaurant and drop them off at the prom, but ended up picking him up, taking him to get his girlfriend, stopping for pictures, taking them to eat, then taking them to the prom. I must say, I was apprehensive at the amount of time it would take, but it really went quick and I had fun. If you ever have the opportunity to do this...DO IT! It was fun and Ill definitely do it again.

Attached Files:

2. My senior year, my uncle took my date and I to prom in his '55 Chevy. I probably got more attention pulling up in that thing than a lot of the people in their high-dollar limos. Best part was it was free :)

Do you run seat belts? My uncle doesn't, and I think that fact nearly gave my date's mom a heart attack :D

3. Kool! They seem to being smiling, so I guess they enjoyed the ride!

4. donnie gt

donnie gt

i've done that grad thing a couple of times...talk about stealing the show!, other relitives spring for a big streached limo, i pulled up in the lineup to let the Kids make
    thier big entry, flash packs going off all over the place. they still talk about it 10 years on.
    what a blast!

5. Friggin adorable!

6. robertsregal

robertsregal

7. A friend has a 1932 Ford Vicky converted into a limo and took my grandson to graduation. Way cool.
    We all need to do more with young people.

8. 73super

73super

If for no other reason that taking business away from those flippin' limos who nail the kids with high-dollar fees. I swear they double their fees for proms, etc.

Yes, who wouldn't rather arrive in a 40's or 50's classic as opposed to a stretch SUV.. essh...:confused:

9. Good job! Far better than a stretched Hummer or (God forbid) a stretched Chrysler 300 like I saw a few days ago.
    Maybe you even sparked his interest in our hobby as well.

10. n847

n847

Good for you that was awesome...probably 2nd only to using your car in a wedding. I took my dads 56 to 2 proms, and 2 home comings, and It was always a big hit! For some reason my dad always showed up while I was inside the prom to make his car dissapear! Oh and my date broke the passenger side window trying to roll it up for her friend in the back seat! My dad was really happy about that!

11. Years ago took my daughter to her school's daddy-daughter dance. Her school (private) was full of really rich families so every year the parking lot was full of high end european sedans. We decided to go in my shoebox. She didn't want to be dropped off at the door so off to the parking lot.When we drove in the dinner serving staff was outside getting last minute instructions and probably a smoke break. Little later we sat down at our table with 6 other couples. And a couple of them were Intel and Nike type dads. And a coupe irregular guys like me. our waitress as she was serving us says to me "that's really a nice car you drove in". Of course the conversation then went like what are you driving. I daid just my daily driver ford. Half these guys were driving 80K+ cars and its was my 51 coupe that turned heads as we drove in. My daughter had a mile wide grin watching these guys shaking their heads.

12. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

That was nice of you. Looks like they're having fun. They don't look like prom pictures from 1966! We were way dorky. :)
    Tom

13. WornOutOldMan

WornOutOldMan
    from So Cal

Good on you for making those kids a lifelong memory! I chauffered my Grandparents to their 45th wedding anniversary in a 56 Bently. My grandfather passed away later that year. My 93 year old grandmother still talks about that ride.

14. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have let my son take the road sled to a couple homecoming and prom events, so far it's always come back in one piece, as have he and his dates.

Attached Files:

15. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I borrowed my dad's A to take my date. Got a ton of attention and she said she felt like "cinderella" so id call it a win!

16. takid455

takid455

a family friend let me take his '59 eldo bairritz conv. to the Sr Prom. Red on white. That was better than the even it itself. He sold it a few years later.

17. ukgav

ukgav

That's a cool thing to do for those kids.
    I did the same last year in my pick up along with my Aunt's little Austin.
    We won best entrance! Who needs Porsche's, Bentley's etc...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

I drove my girl friend to her prom in my 57 chev, and after that we fucked in the back seat. I was alot of fun, i really enjoyed it

19. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

:DThat is a great thing you did .it is something they will remember the rest of their lives .

20. Deuces

Deuces

I took my little queen in a '68 chevy Caprice... And we did it in a ritsy Hotel.... :rolleyes:

21. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

About ten years ago I organized a homecoming parade of rods to carry the homecoming court at Marina HS in Huntington Beach. A lot of my friends came through for me and we all had a blast.

The girl putting the homecoming together's father ran the Goodyear blimp. It was the only HS football game I've ever been to that had the GY blimp circling the field the whole game.

22. Your sedan beats the hell out of a limo. Good for you and I am sure they have memories that last far longer than any limo ride.

23. "I was alot of fun, i really enjoyed it"

....and what....you were alone?

24. scoggman

scoggman

Drove the homecomming queen around the football field in my convertable 84 5.0, my junior year. Chrome side pipes and green neons.... high school..... but it was fun.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got to drive my big sister to her wedding in my 38 Coupe, man that was an Honor that I treasure to this day.

Doc.

26. My graduation I was re-assembling my 66 2dr Ford Falcon Futura right up until I had to go pick up my date...brother continued while I showered and dressed.

I was wearing a white tux, and of course the thermostat stuck about 40 minutes from home. Had to call the old man and my brother out to help me. Fixed that and had a great evening.

I offered the service of my 68 Chrysler wagon to my neighbors daughter and her friends for their graduation 2 years ago...didn't take me up on it though.

27. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Is it just me or are high school girls much prettier now than when I was in school???

28. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good of you to take time and help make thier evening specail.
    Finkd took my Nephew and his date to the Prom one year in his 57 Caddie.Couldn't wipe the grin off my nephews face with sandpaper.

29. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fools. Who wouldn't want to ride in a 68 Chrysler wagon? :confused:

30. I used my O/T car (67 VW 21 window Bus) to take my neice and her date to the Prom. I parked right there with the stretch Limo's, and Rolls-Royces, and it appeared as though their entrance got more attention than anyone else's. In fact, I was even able to run a small photograph in the magazine I used to work for, as part of my monthly editorial.