Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ohio Mile 2012 Land Speed Event

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1930u, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Every entrant there set a record, even if there was more then one entrant in a class. Thats the way they set it up for the first event.

3. paintcan54

paintcan54

Was there on sat. I will have to say that the black '55 Ford was awesome, that is one bad Y Block.

4. CruZer

CruZer

More than a couple of people liked your car,Mr.Gable. There were people taking pictures of it all weekend. I was at the big end on one of your passes and that car gave me chills going thru the traps. I love it !

5. CruZer

CruZer

Oh yeah. I forgot the pix. here it is.

Attached Files:

6. samuel gable

samuel gable
    from Cumming Ga

Wow Thanks for all the positive feed back. Lsr racers really are the nicest bunch of people and unlike some motorsports were spectaters are treated like 2nd rate citzens you will notice once you get a land speed guy talking about his car he never shuts up. I have thought about making the texas mile for a couple of years now but its such a haul from Georgia that for just a little more gas money I could be on the salt. I will probably make there at some point just after I make it to Bonnieville. Thanks for posting the car pic. Here is a link to build thread for my car.

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Topic37409-5-1.aspx

7. metal man

metal man

We had a great time. Can't wait to go back! Best part was I ran into my buddy Stewart(Limey Kid on here) who I hadn't seen for a while.

Here are a few pics I took .

Attached Files:

8. metal man

metal man

More

Attached Files:

9. metal man

metal man

This event had something for everyone.

Attached Files:

10. metal man

metal man

Hope I'm not hi-jacking too bad, couldn't see starting a new thread just for my few pics. The yellow Studebaker was driven from Canada,pulling a trailer with the racing tires in it.

Attached Files:

11. metal man

metal man

The participants at this event were some of the friendliest people I've met. Good times. These are the last of my HAMB friendly pics.

Attached Files:

12. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

13. 55chevr

55chevr

Hooley's Studebaker 974 went 223 mph on Sunday

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He had to have just about the fastest speed at the meet ???

15. koth

koth

Denise, According to the Landspeedracing site, Joe Timney, will be organizing the results and sharing them he thinks by Sunday.
    By the way, since I was working the starting line, and walked around the black 3 window in the picture above while it was warming up, it was unreal!!

16. CruZer

CruZer

I talked with the owner. He says everyone told him he couldn't build a LSR / drag / street car and he proved them WRONG !!!!! That coupe is a beast! It must be pretty comfortable,too. He was suited up and in the car all morning Sunday until the rain stopped and he could race it.

17. Anybody know how EJ Kowalski did with his new street class roadster?

Attached Files:

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I completely agree! The owner, Mike, built the whole car himself. He's shared some build photos with me this past week. They are on my work computer. I'll post them here tomorrow.

I can vouch for it being super comfy for what it is. I sat in the car for about an hour straight on Saturday. I even got to steer and make vooom-voom sounds as my wagon was used to tow it to the start line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  19. Denise, isn't it EJ's street roadster next to you?

20. Lucky3

Lucky3

2nd fastest....223.5 (1/2 mph) was the fastest. Gear change will improve this considerably.

21. spacebull1

spacebull1
    from Belgrade

I agree...
    <object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:)

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Could be, kinda hard to tell

So which car had the fastest??

23. The Gremlin went 202 mph....

24. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

The Ohio mile is a great place to race the runway is just off the main drag in the town of Wilmington. The towns people and the elected officials were all very happy to have us in their town. Unlike Maxton anything you might need was just a short drive from the track.
    Even with the rain the ECTA had more than 400 timed runs and well over 2000 spectators.
    We ran our lakester I left the motor the same as I ran her at Maxton in October of last year. In very high cross winds we ran our best speeds to date 165.908 MPH even with 175 pre registered racers and the two rain delays I was able to make three good fast runs from my 290 cube flathead Ford. You can see in my attached video I have to drive the car as the wind pushes me to the right.
    Ronnieroadster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK6QZ5mRJPc&feature=g-upl

25. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

We didn't have great success with the engine. As EJ put it, It's just a mule motor to test the chassis. We would've liked to have gone faster than the 92mph pass, but with only being able to make three runs we couldn't solve the problem. We swapped carbs after the first run, and ignitions after the second. However, the weekend was a real success. The chassis behaved well, car made it through tech and we got some shake down stuff out of the way. He may be back for the June meet, if so there will be a real motor in it. And that was us in line next to the coupe.

26. Thanks a lot Zor, valuable info!

27. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

My friend Andre with the red and white Studebaker ran his best 1 mile speed at 170. He has a new engine in the works for Bonneville.

28. stratostreak

stratostreak
    from SW Ohio

The last Ohio Mile event of the year is this weekend. Things have transpired to cause me to miss the previous events but I'll be there this weekend!

29. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Went to the meet, and it was a blast! The Flatcad set records in 2 classes, and ran a high dpeed of 152.595 mph!

Attached Files: