Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 1955 1956 olds picture post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hoodlum Rocky, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

I would like to see what some of you guys done to the tri year oldsmobiles. Some of my favorite years. I have my 55 super 88 that i chopped 5inches out of the roof, my 56 is a standard 88 factory stick car that i have up for sale now. so i have more room to build my 56 olds ambulance hearse it is one of the only ones we know of in the country i want to make it a sister to my 55. Lets see what you guys have done i have seen some pretty bad ass olds out there.

Attached Files:

2. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Lately, one Olds has been enough. Went for nearly two years experimenting with flames. Got hit at an intersection. Time for a change. Figure I'm going to need to put the flames back on to be happy..........

Attached Files:

3. Don't have any pics but I sure like to look at the!

4. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Really enjoy seeing the three different roof heights lined up for comparison.

5. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98

SWEET looking oldsmobiles. glad to see someone got that hearse and is going to do something with it. saved pics of it back when it showed up on the professional car society's web page. did you get it here in ohio? would love to see that all done up.

Attached Files:

6. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

I hope what ever hit you, the olds put a hurting on!! Keep us posted on its new face lift.

7. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

I did get the car from where you see it sitting there. I friend of mine went with a pocket full of cash i sent him, and a couple of hours later the last owner decided to sell it. I have some cool ideas for the build on it. I have been buying parts and hope this winter is when i will get going on it hard. I will start a thread when i get building on it.

8. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

come on guys i know there are some more cool olds out there lets see them

9. SlickRick83

SlickRick83
    from merced

Here is a shot of my dad's '56 Olds on our way to Santa Maira last year.
    [​IMG]

10. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Here's a pic from the 2010 Ty-Rods show. Me likey !!! My dad was an Olds guy.
    orange tyrods alter boys 10 061.jpg

11. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

OK, here's the latest back from the collision shop and put back together again..............

Attached Files:

12. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

Cool car, is it any farther along on the body? nice job on flowing the fender edge into the lake pipe cap also.

13. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

So was the shop just able to pull the quarter and straighten all the sheetmetal or was it replaced? It looks good though.

14. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

[​IMG]

I thought for sure the panel below the trunk lid would have to be replaced, but they worked it all out and you can still hang a magnet anywhere. Still all original....... Just had to smooth it back out.

15. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

Looks great glad to see it will keep living again, and keep terrorizing up the strip!!!

16. SlickRick83

SlickRick83
    from merced

I'm looking for a windshield for my dads '56 Olds 4 door hardtop. Anyone know where I can get one??

17. BadFishKustoms

BadFishKustoms

couple of my fivefive from the 2012 world of wheels in Beantown

Attached Files:

18. BadFishKustoms

BadFishKustoms

and one of my buddy mattys from the KINGPINS CC chopped 53 olds

Attached Files:

19. jozw30

jozw30
    from Arizona

Here's some of my 55 custom project. Not very pretty yet but I'm having a blast.

Joe

Attached Files:

20. BadFishKustoms

BadFishKustoms

wow joe i dig that frame clip !!!! i wish i had that setup on mine. also really diging the flip hood looks sharp!

21. jozw30

jozw30
    from Arizona

Thanks BadFish! My first "custom". I had a pro weld the stub on (it had a 70's Trans am stub tacked on when I bought the car & it was very scary), I'm doing everything else myself but the finish body and paint.

That hood deal has been a trip but it works pretty good. The rear guides and latch set-up is getting pretty complex because of the wedge shaped hood. I'm incorporating a late 90's caddy trunk latch and pull down motor to lower and raise the hood straight up in the back to clear the fenders.

Your 55 is cool too. How did you finish the hood ribs where the rocket was? I had planned to keep the rocket but shave the Olds emblem.

Joe

22. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

[​IMG]

Don't mean to over do it with pics of the same car on this thread, but here's just another look on the same car with a simple wheel/tire change. I'm getting ready for a weekend at the Jalopy Showdown in PA. Rockabilly bands and a chance to take your rod out on an old stock car dirt track for a couple of laps. Then I'll go back to the chrome steelies and blackwalls for a more dragstrip look. I'd just like to impress opon others the fun of changing up and enjoying the different styles with simple changes. Main thing is, have fun!

23. I like your new paint scheme!

Here are some pics of mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan on lowering it some in the back, put fender skirts on it and flake the roof. Was thinking either gold or red. Any thoughts?

24. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

thanks for posting the pics guys see i knew there were more bad ass olds out there. Sir woosh make sure you get some pics of it making some laps on the track.

25. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

[​IMG]

You mean like this?