Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever have buyers remorse and try to make the seller give your money back?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Edelbroke, May 1, 2012.

1. Sounds like a Jackleg that's trying to squeeze every penny out of the deal.

2. DO NOT-offer any concessions on your part
    DO -Contact/retain a lawyer familiar with automotive sales disputes
    Save and record any conversations,emails,letters,contracts,etc
    You will be surprised what "remorseful" buyers can get away with.

Remember the old Boy Scout Motto : "Be Prepared.."

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  3. oj

oj

He is a bottomfeeder, by now he was whatever is was that he needed off your car. Like the vin tag etc for another nomad he has finished but can't sell.

4. I sold an off topic car to an 18 year old. He loved it... paid cash for it, then was on his way. The next day he calls... says he wanted to warn me that his Dad was PISSED!!! Said his Dad wanted him to bring the car back the next day and then paused to here my reply. My reply was .... I laughed in the kids face over the phone. The kid replys... "I don't want to bring it back, I love it I just wanted to warn you that my Dad is going to make me bring it back". I told him he wasn't getting his money back and asked him to have his dad call me so I could tell him this myself. I was going to remind his Dad that his kid was 18 and can make his own decissions. I didn't here from them again.

5. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

He sent YOU a contract to execute and it has the words "as is" on it. Case closed.

I'd ignore any further communication with this bird and enjoy life.

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I have had buyers remorse more than a few times over the 45+ years I have been dealing with cars but I man up and deal with it. After the money changes hands the deal is done. Even a hand shake before the money changes hands seals the deal. If I get something home and find out its not what I expected then it kick my own ass for not checking it out good enough.

7. Post #20 hit the nail on the head--document every communication between you and this jackass. He is trying to bully you pure and simple and I am sure his feeble life is filled with people who have given in to him. My guess is he runs strongarm tactics all the way from purchase to paint. If it continues, call your state police office and explain this to a detective--along with all your paperwork.

8. The tool offered LESS than the asking price and you agreed. He got his rebate right there and accepted the terms. Thats a done deal in most cases. Let him flap & squawk all he wants. I've been down this parade myself as a seller.

9. slim tempo

slim tempo

In Chester Karass' negotiation terms this is known as"Nibbling after the Sale"

10. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

I recently bought a used riding mower that was too good of a deal to be true. I test drove it around the lawn for a moment and it seemed fine. I came back the next day with a truck and trailer to take it home. I drove it up on the trailer with no problems. Plenty of power. The very next day the hydrostat trans went out. I wanted to punch the bastard that sold it to me but guess what..... a deal is a deal! As others have said, you're good man. He should have looked at it himself first. This is why I quit selling crap on ebay. Some people are idiots.

Ed

11. Torchie

Torchie

Never had "buyers remorse' but I have had "sellers remorse" on almost every car that I watched leave my driveway!

12. slammed

slammed

This 'fuck' has done it before. Sound's like a method of operation. If you have all evidence and conversations (all cell phone calls are recorded in the NSA) emails, ect, it is a lock in your favor. Give up the name, roast/shame him like Gas Monkey boy.

13. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Is the guys mane phil? I had a dealingwith a cat that just drove me insain, I didnt sell him my car, he bought a rick dore car. and you should hear what rick has to say about this flake, I finally got rude and told him to go away, freak,

14. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

His name isn't Phil. If he continues to contact make I will name him.

Thanks for all the replys.

15. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

Listed a car on fleabay, it didn't make reserve ($3500). Guy from AZ calls offering 3 grand. We are talking a Olds 98 diesel here, a car with a small market at best. Car had stellar paint, mechanically good but engine getting tired. I took the 3 grand, had to heckel the guy to send transporter 3 weeks after check cleared. Two weeks after car left get the call, "I want my money back". Hung up on the knob, then I get the emails about how I'm a mean person etc. etc. THEN two weeks later a deputy sheriff shows up with a writ I got to show up in court. In court the judge put this guy on speaker phone while I sit there and listens to us tell our sides, says he will hear the case, I'm in shock, WTF a 3 grand car! So day in court happens, I bring a colleague who is a retired line mechanic who worked in a Old dealer in the day, did warrentee work on diesels and had done work on my car. Buyer flies up from Phoenix, in court he has his lap top loaded up with images, in his view the interior was dirty. No rips or tears, head liner was replaced, interior lights all worked, it was dirty. After 6 fucking hours the lefty judge tells the fudge packer, and he was obviously that, he should have had the car inspected. I never would have believed it was possible but it happened to me. Lesson learned, legal profession from the top on down is truly a fucked up mess, beware.

16. ev88f

ev88f

This is how the guy pays for his business. He doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. Car was sold as is, was not misrepresented and the agent approved. He can shout and cry and whatever money he makes off you he can put into his pocket. Just a scumbag who's use to threatening people with phoney legal action.

17. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

I bought a car once on ebay, the guy lied through his teeth. Nothing worked, within one day I tore it abaout, pulled a new wiring kit off the wall and started. New wiring new window motors, new brakelines as they all leaked and run under the frame, new calipers.............on and on. I never asked for a dime, although he did not put on the agreement as is where is.
    I have emails from him answering all my question relating to these components. The body and paint were fine and the price was still ok but had I known I would have offered less or walked

18. belair

belair

I would try real hard to sic a state Attorney General on the scum-bag.

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

As Is Where Is..

this dude sonds like a little bitch.

tell him , fine take me to court, but when I win, Im going to sue you for my time wasted, and lawyer fees and any other fee I can think of...feel lucky?

20. 117harv

117harv

Google his name with some catch words like, dealer, wholesaler, collector car..etc. and see what you find.

21. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Ef that guy.

Sold an OT muscle car to a guy in Cali years back.

He had his friend on the east coast check it out.

His friend gave him the thumbs up. He flew out, checked it out, and test

drove it. It was all good. Money transfered hands, car was shipped.

A week later he said the newly rebuilt rear was humming.

I told him to have it check/ repaired, and send me a copy of the bill,

and I would split it with him.

My guess is, that either I forgot the special posi conditioner

(which I doubt), the gears needed minor shimming, or there was nothing

wrong at all. Never heard back from him, so I guess it turned out OK.

22. I refuse to sell to dealers for just that reason. I know a reputable car dealer, just one mind you.

The last car I sold to a dealer was in '92. A 4x4 that I drove in the bush in Mexico, but it was up to par. He came with his mechanic who went over it with a fine toothed comb, as well as it had an official state inspection.

Two weeks later he calls and wants his money back. Says that his wife drove it in a ditch and that the brakes were no good. Told me he turned me in to the state police and they said I had sold him a car that was illegal and if I didn't refund his money I would be jailed.

I hung up on him. If it was too much truck for his wife that was not my problem. I never saw the police.

Hey give me his number, I'll call him and offer 10K for the car that is what he thinks it is worth. :D

I have had buyers remorse but I guess I am too shy to ask for any of my money back, I always figure if I bought it and it isn't up to par that is my fault. Maybe if something is grosely misrepresented, but I seldom run into that other than when I go to look at something and it isn't what the seller told me it was.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  23. Smokey2

Smokey2

++++++++++++++++++++$$$$$$++++++++++++++++++++++
    I Ain't Scared, You should'nt be !

Sounds Like THIS has worked for HIM before ?
    BUTT, not THIS TIME ! Right ?
    Quote: "A DEAL is A DEAL" Send HIM a THAK YOU NOTE, Tell him your lookin' forward to doin' HIM AGAIN !

Smokin' but Not Smoked UP...............YET ! :)

24. This thread reminds me of Judge Judy, Judge Brown, The People's Court and whatnot for some reason. Someone buys a $300 car and it breaks the next day. All the episodes I watched showed the Judge yell at the seller as if they knew it was going the break the next day and how dare they sell it to anyone. I know there are things that sellers can do to trick buyers. Sawdust in the failing transmission always comes to mind (I'm really not even sure if this works). Running heavier oil to hide poor oil pressure, failing rings or valves for example.

Misrepresentation is one thing, your case is different. Tell the guy to pound sand.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I would not have even replied to the email. now you will be in a back and forth bitchfest until he calls his lawyer.

it would be nice to hear both sides, what does he say was misrepresented?

26. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

just a question...did you sign the sales contract his buddy brought when he picked it up? Did you read it very carefully before signing? and did he give you a copy?

if so read it over again and make sure you know what you signed, if he is pulling this kind of crap with you he might have done the same on the contract. Cover your bases.

27. koolkemp

koolkemp

Looks like a smokin deal to me too! What an ass, sounds like this is just a regular part of his business...probably gets money back from some people he tries this with....tell him to get stuffed....and that you are a cop :D

28. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

some folks man. that's why the buyer should have bought a plane ticket to go view it instead of being a drama queen w/o viewing the vehicle in person. F.T.P.

29. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Bingo, been there got the t-shirt.

That dude is way out of line.

30. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Sounds a little like extortion to me.