Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the most Stupid thing a Cop has said to you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I was 19 or 20 and driving an OT sports car. I just got off the 4pm-12 shift and was trying to make it to a party before all the cute chicks left. I headed north on HWY421 leaving out of Westiville and wound her out. 421 has a nice long straight away right before it crosses Interstate 94. I got the speedometer pegged and as I start to come over the Interstate my "fuzz buster" goes nuts. I brake, I downshift, andpray but it was too late. I blasted past a cop doing over a 100MPH. I slow it down and just keep going. A few miles down the road the "party lights" (I like that term) start flashing and I pull over. I worked at a prison and thank god I was still in my uniform.
    COP: Jesus, it took me two miles to catch up to you.
    ME: Sorry, officer.
    COP: Do you know how fast you were going?
    I knew I was busted so I tried the whole honesty thing.
    ME: No officer, the speedometer stopped at 120mph and then I shifted into 5th gear.
    COP: IF you wrecked this little rocket at that speed we'd be out there cleaning up your pieces with a mop! I knew you were flying because I clocked you at 103MPH and then 61MPH 3 seconds later. You know a radar detector don't work when you are going faster than radar!!
    I couldn't help but giggle a little after the last comment. He asked if I worked for the prison, told me to slow it down before I got killed, explained that they had the right to arrest me and impound my ride because of the excessive speed, and then handed me a ticket for 65mph in a 55MPH zone! He was the coolest cop I ever met and I gladly accepted my ticket.

2. Florida and Mississippi have no common border.. Just saying!

3. With both parents in law enforcment I knew my fare share of officers in my area. Most were cool with your typical exceptions. One is actually a good friend of mine with about 10 hamb worthy cars in his shop. He pulled me over in my International out on the highway in my home town just to BS. I sarcasticly thanked him as evey person that drove by must have thought I was really catching hell for tearing around in an old car. He just laughed.

One has to remember... most are just doing there job.

4. I was doing 50 in a 30 zone (busy road, not a side street) and got pulled over in my OT '68 Mustang 390 GT. The car was a tad loud so I got noticed.

The cop asks me if I had a license to drive a race car. It was Saturday and I was racing at Islip later that afternoon, so I pull out my NASCAR license and handed it to him. He didn't know what to say.. what's this? I explained that I gave him what he asked for.

And I did get a ticket.

Bob

5. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

all BS aside, its a game, there job is to catch us doing stuff were not suppose to do, and its our job not to get caught or talk our way out of it if possible.

last year I rounded a curve doing the speed limit, and see 2 cops setting up a check station/ road block, they were just setting out there cones, they could see me , and I could see them, there was no time to put on my seat belt, So i quickly pull up to them roll down my window and ask them " is everything ok, is anyone hurt?" the officers seemed caught off guard a bit, they hadn't opened up shop yet, I was the first to come thur, he looked me and my paper work over, then reminded me to put on my seat belt.

As a punk kid I got plenty of tickets just like all of you, some of the funny ones follow

1. cop: I have been behind you since the on ramp, how fast did you plan on going?
    me: not much faster sir, I wished you would have pulled me over back then, I was going alot slower. he wrote it for 30 over the speed limit, any more would be jail time.

2. cop: why are you on this side of town?
    me: my girl friend lives right there, by this time her mother was standing in her front yard less than 10 feet from the patrol car ( we were that close )

3. Cop: asked why my truck was wet? (no kidding)
    me: cause its raining just up the road

Of course alot of to loud, to low, to fast, but all well desreved.
    Is there some bad cops yep, but theres alot more bad people out there.

Godspeed
    MrC.

6. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

This thread should have a partner: "What's the most stupid thing you ever said to a cop?"

Maybe some cops aren't so smart, but even the dumb ones deserve respect for what they do.

7. idaho spud

idaho spud
    from idaho

"Are the cuffs to tight?"

8. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Working radar on a 6 lane roadway. Speed limit was 45. I caught a guy in a pickup truck doing 65. The guy says, "I swear, I'll never speed again if you let me go!". I told him I don't think so and cited him.

One week later, same time, same spot and same speed, I caught him again. He said, "I swear I'll never speed again if you let me go!". I said, "You don't remember me? I got you last week for the same thing!". I cited him again.

The next week, I moved my spot a half mile down the road and got him again, but this time, he was doing 72. He said, "I'll never speed again if you let me go!". I told him, you keep saying that but I keep catching you, then I gave him a cite.

A month later, I was parked on a 4 lane roadway in front of a high school. Speed limit again was 45 except when children are present, then it's 25. I caught the same guy again doing 75. This time I told him with all the tickets I've given him, they must have suspended his license. I checked and sure enough, it was suspended. I cited him for the speed, then arrested him for the suspension and impounded his truck.

Some people never learn............:p

9. Gromit

Gromit

10. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

His hearing is next Tuesday at 9:30 am

11. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Blue dots on an old 69 F-100. Says "those lights are purple or something" I said "those are original". He said "you should have them checked out". I said "absolutely".

12. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Isn't this the one right after: 'Assume the position'?

13. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

One has to remember... most are just doing there job.[/QUOTE]
    That is what Heinrich Himmler said.:rolleyes:

14. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

By the time I was 23 I'd had "my privilege to operate a motor vehicle" revoked in
    Maine, California, Massachusetts and Newfoundland, Canada. And at the age of 32 I
    had it revoked in North Carolina.

I really don't remember a cop ever saying anything stupid.

15. After work one night, I went with my buddies to the bar to catch the UFC fight. I had a beer before dinner, and a beer with my meal (over about two hours). About an hour later, I decided it was time to get on home.
    On my way home, I have to pass through a small, single traffic light town. Coming into town, you round a bend, there's a Irish pub on the bend, cross a bridge and then hit the traffic light. As I round the bend I see a cruiser parked on the bridge doing a RideCheck. Great. I know I'm not anywhere close to the legal limit, but I'm still not looking for a hard time at 12:30 in the morning. I stop for the officer at about the same time that another car stops coming the opposite direction.
    There's a middle aged couple in the other car. Officer leans in and says to them: "Evening folks. Have you had anything to drink tonight?" The man driving says: "No. We're just on the way home from a friends house." The officer says: "Well, why not? The bar's open for at least another hour. Have a good night." He steps back and turns to my car to talk to me. I just start laughing. The officer asks what I find so funny. I just say: "Did you just encourage them to go to the bar before driving home?" He just told me to have a good night.

In hindsight, I'm surprised that he didn't give me a LOT more hassle, but at the time, I just found it too damn funny.

16. Good example of why we need law enforcment. I like to think without law enforcment... the roads would turn into a rendition of The Road Warrior (Mad Max)... everyone for themselves kind of deal. This would be cool for awhile but after about a week it would get old with everyone getting killed and such.

Some of these folks talking smart about cops would be the first ones bitching if their kid got ran over by someone speeding or driving reckless. I understand that we get hassled when we shouldn't .. but when we are truely breaking the law how can you fault the officer?

17. Gromit

Gromit

lol! yeah, not brilliant but I chuckled.

18. zzford

zzford

I once was stopped for a tail light out. I handed the cop my license and he inspected it. He said that the license required me to have corrected lenses. I said that I had contacts. His reply? "I don't care who you know, you still need glasses".

clem likes this.
  19. budd

budd

i was charged with running a stop sign on a motorbike, i told the cop i did stop, he said you could not have stopped because you didn't put your feet down, i said sure i can i have good balance, he still gave me the ticket.

20. Fenders

Fenders

Fenderless rods pre-1950 in Massachusetts may want to carry a copy of 540 CMR 4.04(12)(b):

(b) Fenders. Front and rear fenders must be in place on all vehicles manufactured after model year​
    1949 if such vehicles were designed and manufactured to be operated with front and rear fenders.

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/inspect/540cmr400.pdf

21. After handing me a ticket for driving 30MPH over the speed limit,"Have a nice day":confused: HRP

22. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Maybe if you'd let him go the first time he'd been good at his word.
    Hahahahaha

23. That is what Heinrich Himmler said.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Quite a comparison.... I'm not aware of any police officers in our country involved with killing millions of people, if that day ever comes then we are all screwed.

24. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

My brother had a lifted new Dodge diesel pick up truck about 2 years ago. The thing had a massive exhaust on it and you could hear it about a mile down the road. It was redneck and rediculous but the truck was clean and well-cared for and he rarely drove it like an idiot; it was just loud.

One night; he was 2 towns over bringing his friends back home after an evening at dinner. They wern't drinking. He was just about to pull in a friend's driveway (he was seriously in front of the mailbox) when the town cop came flying over the ridge with lights blazing. My brother was already half way in the driveway and he quickly pulled it all the way in and put it in park. At this point the officer was not behind him yet and the vehicle was already in a private driveway at a house and they were getting out of the truck. At this point the boys thought the cop was going to a call; but nope; he hammered down and pulled in the driveway. Cop sticks his head out the window and tells them to get back in the truck. They do; but at this point theyve done nothing wrong and they were out in the sticks on a backroad going home from the local pizza place.

The cop walks up to the window and says " do you know why i'm pulling you over?"

My brother replies "Um, actually I really don't but i'm pretty sure we were a;ready parked in the driveway and going in the house before you even pulled in; we thought you were going to a call elsewhere"

Cops says" No, I was coming to pull you over for a loud exhaust, have you been drinking, etc, etc"

Brother "No I havent been drinking but i'm pretty sure you can't pull me over now that the vehicle was parked and we were almost already back in the house. "

now for the best part:

Cop " Sir, do you not understand that your exhaust pipe is as big as the drainage pipe in my backyard..."

At this point nobody in the vehicle could keep a straight face so my brother blurted out

" and whats the problem with using drainage pipe for an exhaust as long as it has one? I have a muffler on it; it's all there"

The cop ended up ticketing him but my brother took it to court and they waived it because they were already parked and out of the car and the cop hadn't pulled them over on the street for it.

25. LOL.....This is the best one so far....

26. Okay, I was on your side on a previous thread but now I have a problem that begs the question.

So, it is alright for a cop to accuse somebody of doing something they weren't?

I understand that cops are human and that they can make mistakes but what ever happen to "innocent till proven guilty"!

Alright I didn't want to get into the whole story but here it is.

NY as well as other states are broke. So one way to drum up funds is to hand out tickets whether right or wrong. With that said, there's a county cop in Barton, NY that salivates for auction day in Waverly, NY. I don't know what his problem is but he is out for any and all dealers.

Well there is a law that says that you cannot used a dealer plate (tag) on a vehicle for commercial purposes. However, NY state allows the "owner" of the dealer license to utilize the plate for their own "personal" use as long as it is not on a vehicle "primarily" used, maintained and designed for towing (rollback, wheel lift tow truck) or a vehicle used for "road service".

This cop thinks that a pickup truck pulling an 18' open car trailer is a commercial vehicle like a "tow truck".

Well apparently there was a black F250 pulling a car trailer the previous week. So when he saw me he did a quick 180 and pulled in the parking lot I was in.

I carry the NYS law pertaining to the use of dealer plates with me in my glovebox. I went to show the cop the law and he didn't want to see it. He said to me that he studies the "dealer" laws specifically for this day (auction day).

Well he gives me a ticket for misuse of a dealer plate and tells me that my trailer is not going any further, in his town, attached to the back of my truck. So I had to borrow the auction owner's truck to move my trailer 2 miles up the road, which puts the trailer into PA, then take my truck and go get my trailer.

I have had my license for about 20 years and thanks to a fire that destroyed my business back in 2007, I am now semi-retired. But for as long as I had my license I've trailered my cars to and from auctions and Carlisle with not even a speeding ticket. And yes, I've been stopped by the NYS Police for various reasons but they were basic traffic stops to check me out.

The best part of all is when this cop handed me my ticket, he insisted that I fight it! That got me thinkin'! If I plead not guilty it's a win, win for the cop. If I plead not guilty the cop gets paid overtime for showing up to court. That's not going to happen!

This is still on going but if I have to I'll pay the damn fine just so that cop doesn't get O.T. pay. I'll be damn if that S.O.B. is going to take food off of my plate and put it on his. Hell I haven't had a ticket in decades and probably won't for decades to come.

This is targeting at its best!

27. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

driving a 4x4 F350 witha trailer thru Montana, during a blizzard, came up on a trooper going pretty slow. i didnt want to pass him, so i slowed way down on got off on an exit. waited at the top and watched as he tried to back up the onramp, then left. i took a little snooze then took off. sure enough, he was waiting for me over the next hill. pulled me over and stormed up to my window, "SLOW DOWN, WE WILL HAVE A HELL OF A TIME PULLING THIS RIG OUT OF THE DITCH" he stormed back to his cruiser and took off. i was dumbfounded.

28. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

The last time I got pulled over was in '08.

The cop asked why I had pulled over and stopped a mile before he

stopped me. I said "To answer my phone, that's the law right ?"

He said yes, but thought I was taking phone pics of him, as he had

someone pulled over on the other side of the road, on a side street.

I think he was a bit PARANIOD :eek::D

29. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

I just wish that the police would act as they expect the rest of the public to act. I see them flip on the overheads and speed thru a red light, then turning them off clearly not running emergent. I get them pulling me over to say I had a licence plate lamp out when I go back to look, CLEARLY they are working, questioning me as if I'm a criminal because I have a LEGAL clear cover over my licence plate then then bitching at me because I have more than 3 expiration stickers on my plate which make it easy for thieves to peel them off (still not illegal). Well officer dumbass, I have the clear cover on there so that they are protected from thievery as the lady at the DMV suggested. My 78 year old mom was arrested, cuffed and tossed into the back of the cop car due to a "dog at large" ticket 2 years after the alledged incident. She never got it because it was written but never presented to her (all copies were still in the cop's book). Really? Did he think she was gonna run away for that? Common sense is just .... not.

We got pulled over in Wy during a blizzard. We could not get completely off the road due to the snow. This dipshit stops us blocking half a lane, comes up to the window all pissed off yelling at me " What the hell are you doing on the road? The only safe place to be is off the road!" I said, well then why haven't you closed the road?, we are in a dangerous situation now because of you and you feel it's necessary to stop us during a blizzard to tell us?" I rolled up the window and left his dumbass standing there alone.

It seems to me that many of the cops I meet are more interested in the power they think they have than to "Serve and protect" Yes there are a few that are there for the right reason and my hat's off them, but sadly they are few a far between. These stories prove that. Then the couple of LEOs who somehow think that they are so much better or braver than the rest of us by the comments they left in this thread just prove the point. You want brave? Put on a US military uniform, leave your family, job and life behind you for undetermined amount of time, know that you will be encountering many each and every day who will kill themselves just to kill you, then you can tell me how brave you are (and how dry you pants are).

Maybe the LEOs should lead by example and not hold themselves above the law more often, more people would look up them. In Denver we have a locally famous former sherif now incarcerated in the very jail named after him. He in for trading crack for sex with underage kids. Yup, that's gotta make you proud.

To those few LEOs who really are out there for the right reasons and have a sense of humor, common sense and respect, I SINCERELY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO! They have a tough job that's for sure, but the double standard many exibit is why they don't have the respect of the general public. This just hurts the ones that are out there to "Serve and protect"

30. XXL__

XXL__

That was NEVER true, though that's what we've all been taught to believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.