Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats the best thing you got for free

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cayager, Apr 25, 2012.

1. amx180mph

amx180mph

My son got his first kidney transplant at age 7 and his second 3 years ago at age 25, he is one of the best parts counter guys in the business. He gives thanks daily for the gift of life.

2. Me too!

Car-related, it was a 59 2-door Biscayne.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  3. Not to raise an arguement here or start a discussion not particularly suited to the main board but one may say that salvation like freedom is not free.

I guess to keep this auto oriented I have nothing but sweat invested in my Stude, I traded a '53 Effy that I got for free for it. Better than that the stude was delivered and the effie hauled off by the fella that hooked me up with the stude.

[​IMG]

I have a cherry picker in the back of the wife's truck (was on the drive until wednessday long story) that I borrowed in '97. I have tried to give it back at least once a year since I came into my possesion with no luck. So I guess I got it for free, I don't think the fella wants it back.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  4. FouledPlugsCC

FouledPlugsCC

advice and experience from the older guys!!!

5. Smokey2

Smokey2

+++++++Good Boy "TITUS + +++++++++++:cool:

6. That is the best thing I got,:) but auto related, I got a Muncie 4 speed from my ex-son in law and my dad gave me the 67 Fairlane that he bought new when he decided to buy a new "Tempo"...yuck. I have had it about 26 years now.

7. unconditional love from my pitbulll
    wait for it .......awwww ... ladies??

8. I got one of those too. She's not as nice as yours and I got it from my uncle, not my gramps, but its been in my family since it was new and I've owned her for 18 years now.

Attached Files:

9. NiceToy

NiceToy

I got an EMCO Maximat v10p lathe. A friend's dad bought it used 20 years ago and used it twice. He wanted to se it get used, so he gave it to me. Light surface rust everywhere and the wiring to the mill had to be redone. I spent a week cleaning it off and rewired it. Now I can make round things, and mill stuff.

10. jazz1

jazz1

Interesting how Porknbeaner can't get the guy to take back the cherry picker..I was in the predicament for years,,The guy would come get it now and then and bring it back,,,I was storing it for him! Not that I minded however I bought a larger one and he eventually got a larger shop and came and picked his up,,of course he asked me if he could..

11. I get the impression that if this fellas ever wants it back he will ask me if he can have it or borrow it.

I actually at any given time have spare parts that just landed here waiting for a new home. Most are things that I will never use but I always find someone who will. It must be my lot in life to have things that are cool or useful but I know that they will never be mine.

12. 48 F-1 and a 59 Galaxy 2 dr. hardtop

13. A '70 or '71 Monte Carlo with a good running BBC 402. Pulled the motor, sold a few parts and scrapped the rest.

From HAMBers, I got a few parts I needed that were so cheap, they may as well have been free.

14. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My dad and I got a 57 Ford Retractable for free about 20 years ago. It fell in half on the trailer it was so rusty. We kept the 9" rearend, then we sold about $400 in parts.

15. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

16. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

My neighbor has one of these and uses it on a regular basis!

17. LWT

LWT
    from Va.

Forgiveness.

18. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

my 65 Stude was my freebie

19. fanspete

fanspete

20. HamD

HamD

in recent memory, wheels that I just sold for a bill.

21. George G

George G

A flathead offy dual intake with 2 Holley '94's (ready to run) and a Thickstun (repo) air cleaner.

22. A friend gave me an alternator, I was able to get home that night. Best gift, and even better friend!

23. LabRat

LabRat

24. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

The best thing I got for free is the gift of knowledge. :)

25. Deuces

Deuces

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";7725349]The best thing I got for free is the gift of knowledge. :)[/QUOTE]
    Ditto!.....
    And a set big block chevy heads...;)

26. Gromit

Gromit

Lol.. There's always one guy that can upstage the rest of us! Awesome :)

27. plymouth1947

plymouth1947

A1967 rambler rebel sst from my gramps

28. DUDE!!! That thing is f'ing sweet. Love late 60's Bufords.

29. cakes

cakes

God I love hippy chicks

The best thing I've gotten for free is probably the original Hurst quick shifter thats going in my car

30. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Nice gift.... what condition was it in????

Just love those early Novas......