Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Model A Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by donkeyfarm, Jun 13, 2011.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Aw, that's a shame. I would have recommended y'all to stop for Sharky's Burritos here in Amarillo.. Best jumbo burritos in the high plains!

2. donkeyfarm

donkeyfarm

Dammit Jim! I knew I should posted something up about going! We did the touristy thing and went to the Big Texan. I have a good friend from home who is interning with the American Quarter Horse Assoc. and she'd never been there also so we gave it a try. It was alright. I'm kinda bummed we didn't get to go to Midnight Rodeo either. I'm a big Texas Country guy.

They are repop 40 Ford Deluxe. I believe I got them from So Cal Sac.

3. donkeyfarm

donkeyfarm

I got some work accomplished this weekend...Well I should say whatever part actually worked. The further I get into my build I realize the one size fits most is a great way to sum up building a hot rod. But instead of size its parts, and it makes it more fun in the long run though! The motor and trans are back in, trans coolers mounted, headers are on, fuel lines and brakes are done for the most part, and a few other odds and ends. Have had some trouble with alternator mounts. Had a lower mount but it hit the steering box, got a second some Speedway that mounts to the water pump it hit the first carb. I'm going to get one that mounts to the heads but all the ones I seem to find are billet, and not really diggin em. The nuts on the front brake lines are hitting the spindles so I can't bottom them out. Another problem I ran into was with my radiator supports. 28-31's are to short, and 32's are too long. And the 32's will have to be turned down to work. Was thinking around just running some 3/8's cold roll but I've been told that its not consistent enough to tapped, plus the mounting to the body would wouldn't have the machined square on the end. Second option to be to weld a bracket onto the frame then bolt a piece of plate to the bracket on the frame and to the radiator. Going try to tackle some of that this weekend.

4. donkeyfarm

donkeyfarm

Some pics to go along with em

Attached Files: