Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Willys PU build....from sedan panels.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kiwi Kev, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Yo Kev, slow down bro! You're gonna make people feel bad about their progress:D. So here's my idea.....I love when I see people slice up other vehicles to make something out of something else. Like turning Willys sedans into Willys trucks. I want to see you (or someone else on the HAMB) turn a Willys sedan into a Willys coupe by using a "donor" Plymouth coupe. I own a 37 Plymouth coupe and, to me, it shares similar "curves" to the Willys, only on a larger scale. Plymouth coupes go for little money (sad but true) and being larger, would help when slicing it down to Willys dimensions. The split rear window would be an easy mod. So come on Kev, take your awesome garage to the next level - make a coupe, then sell it to me!

2. No problem, I'll put it on my list of things to do.:eek:

3. Kevin, Great job. Im impressed to say the least. I have a 38 pick up and i believe the cabs are the same as the 40 or 41. My buddy north of you in Arroyo Grande, built a 41 a couple years ago and he added six inches in length to the cab. For me at 6'1" and 300 i had to move the pedals as far forward as possible, and the Ididit steering was installed to much to the left and i moved it over to the right three inches. But i barely have room to set in the cab and drive it, as my legs are bent to the max. I guess if your a small guy, no big deal. I would have to add the six inches to the cab length if i start from scratch... I hate to modify this original steel cab. Im working on getting some weight off, that will help... Again great job, your a good craftsman. Ted N Vegas

4. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Kevin,
    Wow!, this is the fun stuff, (making something from nothing) You nailed the proportions, seeing what you had to work with, And how well it is coming together. You are truly an awsome builder.

5. Awesome

Kev you've got talent coming out the ying yang............:D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  6. 1941Ford_Luke

1941Ford_Luke

7. wicked willys

wicked willys
    from ne ohio

Awsome as usual Kev.

8. Great build. Can't wait to see it in person!

9. Nethery

Nethery
    from Palm Coast

Good job on the truck, as always. I didn't think the garage could be improved on, but I was wrong again. It looks great...!

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Kev,
    You are amazing!!!!! That is crazy talent. Congrats!!!!!!!!

11. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Kev any work done this weekend...JOHN

12. Once again,you drop my jaw to the floor,Kev! I honestly think there isn't anything you can't do!!! Looking forward to this years BBQ!

13. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Go Kev, Go!!! Looking awesome, man! Looking forward to seeing it completed.

14. I have been hammer welding the back of the cab together, not finished yet.I also repaired the top of the cowl and got a start on the firewall. I will take a few pics when the firewall is more complete. Probably next week.

15. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Kev - Amazing as always.

16. Brog

Brog

I don't know who you are but you seem like one slick s.o.b.

great work!

17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kev, Your fabrication skills are simply amazing. I can't believe how fast you get this stuff done. The front of the shop looks awesome. Your talent is inspiring !!!

18. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Reminds me of the B/C truck Kev.

19. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Kev,

You planning on taking this to the 2012 LA roadster Show swap meet?

I'm sure there will be a bunch of Aussies crawling over it if you do :D

20. Man that is wicked.

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Great work Kev! I love "somethin from nothin" budget builds. Stay with it!

22. Stovebolt...... I originally planned to take it to the fathers day swap meet but I'm pretty sure it won't be ready in time. I am having hand surgery right after the Antique Nat's and I will be out of commision for 2-3 months. I'm trying to get as much done as I can before then. There are a few things I need to do to my coupe before the Antique Nat's also.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  23. Weasel

Weasel

Sorry to hear about your upcoming hand surgery Kev - that's a bummer for a guy who works so much with his hands. Are you going to be at Willys Night?

24. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Awesome work!

25. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Impressed as always, however, gotta wonder why the front rod ends hang so far out of the ladder bars? Seems kinda sketchy.

26. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

Hope all goes good with the surgery !

27. landseaandair......Ladder bar ends need to be re done before putting and power to them. OK now for rolling.

Weasel.....I won't be at Willys night this year.

willysgasser40.....Thanks. My hands have given me trouble for a while. Turns out I have Carpal tunnel Syndrome in both hands. One gets operated on and when it heals they do the other one. I am looking forward to getting them fixed, figure I might need them in the future.

28. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

Thanks Kev for the scoop on the Scoop!! Came today, put it on!! like it better now!! Thanks again!! Hope you get over your Surgery soon! i know friends that have had it done and they say they can zip their own pants now!!! good luck!

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  29. slim tempo

slim tempo

That's how I would do it...If I knew how.