Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jefferson Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hallrods, Apr 9, 2012.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

decent weather today...for Spring Jefferson.

Good crowd, lots of activity. But no results.

bought some shop supplies, etc.

2. scored me some nice tailights, and headlight trim rings for $30.

3. flatjack

flatjack

Saw a Willys cruising through the White field. Was that you?

4. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Bob, I looked for you today but didn't see you.

Found a solid 37 Ford coupe for my neighbor and good friend. He drove up from Rockford to pick it up.

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I spotted you Finn, but was in the middle of a conversation and didn't shout at you.

probably should have.

nope, not me driving a Willys at the Swap. Will never happen!

perhaps it was Stuart?

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

wow---that sounds great...I bought one at Iola last year

7. snelson57

snelson57

Went Friday. Picked up some weiand valve covers for the plymouth.

Spent spent some time with the Hustings, but I guess I could have done that back here in Port.

Hung out by Bobwop and he pulled out his batphone and ordered me up a set of wheels. Thanks bob.

Spring Jefferson was Povertyflats free however...see you at Iola Paul.

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

you bet Scott--I will be at my spot in Iola.
    I hated to miss Jefferson but trying to save money this year.

9. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

Hey Paul missed you this year, nobody took our picture ha ha. See you in Iola. Gene

10. ...here's some stuff that caught my eye at Jefferson,...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  11. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I went on Fri bought some good stuff.I also met up with dizzie.Had a good time but the woman doesn't understand my obsession with the old embossed metal coolers.Bought a Red Rock cola one this time.I was going to go on sat but between the weather and the blisters on my feet i decided to stay home and get some thing done.

12. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I looked at that ford courier delivery for the woman's business but it looked like it was a little bit full of bondo.

13. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I drove a little over 2,000 miles M-Thurs last week with work, I came home 9:30pm on Thursday spend an hour with the family then was off to my friends to load up and travel North to Jefferson. At 3:30 am we arrive and parked in front of the vendor gates to be woken up at 4:30 and told to move. Over all a good show with a wide variety of goods to choose from. I bought a Holley 6425 racing carb with the optional velocity stacks, a 40-50s Champion twin cylinder single stage air compressor and this Murray Bike:

[​IMG]

There was enough good weather moments mixed in the weekend to enjoy a couple of bigbars.

14. Damaged1

Damaged1

Was there all 3 days vending DESPITE rolling and spraining my ankle on Friday afternoon. Walking around in my aircast boot was not an option, especially on Saturday.

Sales were surprisingly good considering the weather and lack of attendees on Sunday IMO.

15. Squablow

Squablow

I stayed home and finished the upholstery for my '52, sounds like I made a good decision. That bicycle is pretty fuckin' rad though.

16. J53

J53
    from WI

Seemed to be an awful lot of empty vendor spaces this time around. And for the dumb ass vendors who sit in their truck with the window down watching everyone walk by their covered tables, why bother? With the money you spen buying 16 tarps to cover your stuff, I'm sure you could buy a tent or canopy and maybe make some dough. Some of these guys need to uncover their stuff before 11am on Saturday too.

17. Maybe I'm off base but $25,500 for this may have been ok if it were a real roadster.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  18. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I was thinking about buying a 10'X40' space to hold my truck and trailer, I have a lot of stuff I want to sell, but I'm glad I didin't. $150 to sit in the rain for 2 1/2 days would have been a reall bummer, even with a canopy. I know Saturday, the day I went, was the crappiest but if I had coughed up the $150 it would have rained all 3 days.

19. Yes you did!! and we appreciate your business!! At the 2012 spring Jefferson we had our best sales ever!! Thanks to all our new and old customers!...Great to see you all...Kelly an Jeanne