Register now to get rid of these ads!

Clear fuel filter...never fills up?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GREASER815, Apr 29, 2012.

1. GREASER815

GREASER815

Anyone running a clear fuel filter? I just put one on and started my 235 for the first time. Set the timing, and took it for a ride. seems to be breaking up and starving for fuel. Fuel filter never fills up, is this normal?

2. Ruiner

Ruiner

Mine took awhile after I swapped fuel filters for it to fill all the way, but it's full now...you could disconnect the filter at the carb, run a line to a gas can and have someone turn the engine over (with the coil wire disconnected), then once the filter overflows into the gas can, hook it back up to the carb...one other issue I had on my carb was the screen where the fuel line goes into the carb was plugged, starving the carb and building pressure in the fuel line without much fuel flow...

3. did it run good before you installed the filter.make sure its in the right direction.

4. Fenders

Fenders

I wondered about that too but mine never shows full so it seems to be normal since mine runs fine...

5. Joe Johnston

Joe Johnston
    from Ohio

Mine gets less than 1/2" space at the top after sitting a long time but fills to full after running a bit. (Stock filter on 57 T-Bird.) Wouldn't hurt to check your fuel pressure - perhaps pump is getting weak.

6. GREASER815

GREASER815

I just fired it, but the carb is off of my old engine I ran all last year no issues. It is on the right direction. Tuning this 235 is driving me crazy! Should be so easy but turning out to be a real pain.