Register now to get rid of these ads!

Top fuel 1975 pictures Pomona and Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped Tudor, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

I'm looking for pictures of my uncle, poncho rendons top fuel dragster that was driven by Dick LaHaie. The car was only raced at Pomona and Phoenix in early 1975. Any pictures would be helpful as I'm restoring this car. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

3. bardahl1

bardahl1

Dick LaHaie rules.

4. 296ardun

296ardun

Go to Don Ewald's site, We Did it for Love," you need to join to get full access, but if anyone has photos of Pancho Rendon's car, I think they would be there...(wasn't that the car that Kalitta crashed?)

5. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

I'll try that site. Kalitta did crash one of my uncles cars in Indy but not this car.

Attached Files:

6. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Here's a start. what car are you restoreing looks like dick drove two of your uncles cars Tim Jones let me know what your looking for [email protected]

Attached Files:

7. [​IMG]

If this is how it sits now, you got one hell of a good start!

8. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

Dragsled^ I've never seen any of these pictures except the one taken on the grass, this is how the car looks now. I want to get the exact lettering that was on the car. The car in in the same condition as when my uncle sold it in 1975 except some of the lettering was taking off. These should help. As far as I know LaHaie only drove the black car with the wheel pants up front. I've never seen the frito bandito in this paint scheme iv only seen it in white and blue and it was driven by Gene Domagalski. Gene had crashed and died in this car in st Louis 73 or 74. Thanks for the pictures!!

Attached Files:

9. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

I dint have any pictures of the right side of the car, but I'm sure the lettering would be the same as the left.

10. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

The bandito has a crower 8 port in one pic and a enderly bug catcher in another but looks to be at the same race.

11. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I'll keep looking for you, I'm restoring the 72 fighting irish funny car ,so I'm looking through the web sites anyway. Look up the Utah Charger top fuel car's web page he might beable to find some parts for you, here's my project Tim Jones

Attached Files:

12. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

There was a couple pics of your uncle on one of the racing boards, here they are

Attached Files:

13. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

Any one else have any pics? Thank you

14. Jaime Oaks

Jaime Oaks

That Car Would Look Good At Bowling Green This Year.