Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Honolulu Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky444, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Lucky444

Lucky444

Wanted to share these pictures taken today at the 1st Annual Pacific Autofest here in Honolulu. As you can see...for some reason, Chevy's seem to be taking over the island. Three floors of covered parking stalls with vendors, food, swap meet and live music. The parking structure was pure genius because it was a hot and sunny day today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. paintcan54

paintcan54

Thanks for the pic, was over there in 2001 for 11 days and loved it. Nice rides too.

3. SLCK64

SLCK64

Fixed it for ya ;)

Cant have annual until you know there is going to be a second one..

LOVE the last pic!

4. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

that is one show on my bucket list !!!!!!!!!!!!

5. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Well, since the 1st one went so well, I guess we will have to be over there for the "2nd ANNUAL"... :D

Where's the rest of the pictures Jason?

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Aloha - looks like cool show. Was on Oahu a couple of weeks ago, just a little too early - damn. must have drove right by 808 Speed Shop when in Kailua, missed a visit to a great shop.

7. skyrodder

skyrodder

Did Marty take his Merc?

8. .... gives me island fever, must go, must go.

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Dang-awesome cars! Where were all those last month when I was there? Was in Honolulu and the NW tip of Maui for like 10 days and only saw one old car! Ha. Thanks for the pics!

10. bmc

bmc
    from Sacto.,Ca.

Goddamn it! Where was shit like this when I lived over there?

11. Lucky444

Lucky444

Glad you guys like the pics from the INAUGURAL (thank you) Pacific Autofest!

I'm pretty sure there will be a second. Seems like it went well to me and can only grow. The covered parking was a blessing. There's no way we'd all be out in the sun that was beating down today!

Too bad, Marty's new shop is pretty killer!

Merc stayed in the garage. He's been thrashing on the Pontiac to bring to this show. He did roll out in his lifted Cutlass though!

[​IMG]

That's funny. When we get "Island Fever" here, that means we must go too, but OFF the island before we go crazy.

I don't know, man. I remember when you lived here that there was rumor of a 50ish Chevy Coupe spotted running around town, but I never ran into you. There really has been a bunch more cars like this popping up here lately. How's your Chevy coming along?

12. Lucky444

Lucky444

Here are a few more pics from today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Lucky444

Lucky444

For a first time effort I thought it was a cool show. All the right elements were there, but just need more attendance by guests and participants next time. Swap Meet area was a great idea. This is the one and only thing I bought there today.

[​IMG]

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Wish I could have made it but that job thing got in the way. I agree Jason, inside a parking garage has gotta be one of the best ideas. The show at Aloha Stadium about three years ago was in the parking lot, no shade and hottern hell. Spectators don't like that stuff and don't stay long. Looking forward to next year, maybe I'll have something by then.

15. daddio211

daddio211

[​IMG]

Man I love this car! Victoria and I still owe you dinner when you're out this way. Don't forget to let us know! And we'll take you two cruising in OUR custom for a change! We talk about that evening often, good times!

16. 50merc808

50merc808

[​IMG]

Here's the 3 we brought down. Unfortunately my merc couldn't make it....
    More pics coming.

17. I went to a small show in Hilo yesterday and there were two new 50 chevys also. any of you Honolulu guys comeing to Cruise Paradise 12 .

18. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

some nice rides over there,really impressive

19. Lucky444

Lucky444

Thanks! Will definitely hit you up if we're in the neighborhood and in turn, let us know if you have anymore Hawaii trips lined up.

Aloha!

20. Lucky444

Lucky444

Yeah, what's up with the Chevy glut all of a sudden? I won't be making it out there this summer for the Cruise unfortunately. I'm sure you guys will have a blast though.

Thanks, Hombre. As you can see, looks like someone's going to have to build a nice Shoebox like yours here soon!

21. Lucky444

Lucky444

Pics of the Pontiac that 808 Speed Shop's been working on. Aside from the obvious Kustom touches this one's getting, there's a lot of attention to small details that tie it all together too. Nice work!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. 50merc808

50merc808

That chop top Chevy truck in the back ground had some really nice work done to it. Someone said it came from Washington.

Thanks for the comp. Jason. I'm done with the poncho...now time to get the. 2 Mercs back on the road..

23. Lucky444

Lucky444

Compliment well deserved. That Poncho will look killer in paint.

I agree those two trucks in the background were nice. I somehow missed getting any pics of them though. Post up your photos when you have a chance.

24. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Great show, I'm sure next year will be even better!
    Thanks for the photo tour.
    KK

25. Cool!!! Thanks for posting this Lucky 444. Lots of Chevy love at this show.

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Marty that Poncho came out real nice! Those taillight mods look SO much better than the original setup. Man I gotta get over there and check out your shop.

27. 50merc808

50merc808

Thanks Eli.

28. Lucky444

Lucky444

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Red-Chev-Festation!

29. Lucky444

Lucky444

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The drive home...

30. Gasser57

Gasser57

I was just in Oahu earlier this month and was seriously thinking of moving out there. One of my first concerns was "is there a hot rod scene" on the island? This thread sure answered my question! Great rides and pics.