Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Michigan 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Choptop

Choptop

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG]

Billetproof "Motor City Mania" Michigan May 19, 2012
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Riverside Park[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ypsilanti, Michigan

[/FONT] The best traditional hot rods and customs are back at in the shade and on the grass at Riverside Park! This great venue has trees, a river (duh, look at the name), lots of grass, a covered stage, bars/restaruants/car musuems within walking distance, hotels nearby and lots more. Come check out great vendors and the sickest 1964 and prior do-it-yourself traditional rods, kustoms and motorcycles on the planet! This year we've added a Friday afternoon Cruise and Garage Tour. Be at the park ready to go at noon on Friday and enjoy some great backroads and some of Detroit's hot rod history.

• [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Friday afternoon Cruise and Hot Rod Garage Tour (leaves from the park at Noon on Friday)
    • Registration and participant entry 8am-noon sharp (NO EARLY BIRDS!)
    • Spectator entrance opens at 8am (Spectator entry is $10). Free for kids under 13 and police & fire with proper ID)
    • Show car pre-registration $20, at the gate its $25
    • Vendor and artist booths, special $25 booths for artists! (see the Vendor Info section for info)
    • Live bands playing throughout the day!
    • Our famous trophies!
    • Pinstriping panel jam!
    • Swapmeet! (USED vintage car parts ONLY! click here to register for a swap meet space)

PLEASE remember that this is an event for those of us who build our own traditional style rods and customs on a limited budget. NO billet-clad, digital gauge, pastel graphic, named after a fifties song trailer queens! Billetproof goes on rain or shine! No refunds. See you there!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Choptop

Choptop

some pics from last year....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

I'll be there.....haven't missed one yet.

4. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Will they allow cars that appear almost stock? I would like to take my 52 Lincoln for it's maiden highway cruise but it isn't a custom. The car is lowered and has a hot little SBF but the exterior looks pretty much the way the factory built it.
    I could take my 57 Ford F100 but the big block runs 3400rpm on the highway and the gas gauge moves almost as much as the speedometer! At $4.35 a gallon it doesn't seem like a good choice!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012

5. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Looking forward to another great show!

6. I want that Starfire console...

7. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

How many cars were at last years show?

8. Choptop

Choptop

yes, absolutely.

9. Choptop

Choptop

will have to dig into the Billetproof Underground HQ Archive to get an exact umber but I recall it being right under 400.

10. khead47

khead47

Hey! Thats me almost blocking the front end of the Nash coupe! I am FAMOUS! he he.

11. millersgarage

millersgarage

That's me in the big brim hat in the cackle fest shot.

I was just wondering last week about when this show was.

12. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

But is it Bullet Proof ? Is Detroit after all ...

13. Choptop

Choptop

Sign ups are coming in hot and heavy, looks to be a good show this year. Just got word the Marriot at Eagles Crest is booked out for Friday night, but there are a couple of other hotels close by

Comfort Inn
    2376 Carpenter Road
    Ann Arbor, MI 48108
    (734) 477-9977

Days Inn Ann Arbor&#8206;<table id="biwtable"><tbody><tr><td class="basicinfo">2380 Carpenter Road
    Ann Arbor, MI 48108

(734) 971-0700

daysinn.com&#8206;
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

comfortinn.com&#8206;

14. Choptop

Choptop

one month away!

15. Choptop

Choptop

16. madscience

madscience
    from Caro, MI

Just found out that the wife and i will definitely have the day off to go to the show! I just hope there is still room for our car by the time it rolls around.

17. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

bump this up for a good time.....

18. 53woody

53woody

Changing the oil tomorrow and checking for any loose nuts!!!! Then it's almost time to pack and hit the road, first time and I'm excited. Coming into town on Thursday... Bruce:cool::cool:

19. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Lookin' forward to this.

20. derbydad276

derbydad276

any friday nite partys ? cruise? depot town?

21. Choptop

Choptop

Friday afternoon cruise to a cool garage tour. Meet at the park at Noon on Friday.

Friday night at Depot Town, parking on the bridge, food and drinks in Depot Town.

22. F1 Flathead

F1 Flathead
    from Michigan

I'll be there. This is my big outing for the year. I'm driving down from Brighton. I've made a few improvements since my last trip so I hope it goes smoothly.

23. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Hey Choptop, I missed last year and will this year because of the detroit dragwat reunion at milan dragway.
    Why not hold the Billitproof show at the dragway next year. If board, the show particapents would be able to watch good old fashend drag racing all day. It is a nostiliga drag and I belive would relly "fit" into the program as all the cars are from the day.
    I dont like to miss your show and maybe being a lil selfish, but it would be great to have the best of both worlds. I know milan has the room and Im sure they would like the crowds you bring.
    Im a racer, not a promoter....so please conceder this. Alot of guys have talked about it so Im just wishfull thinking aloud

24. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

I'll be heading out there Friday night Derby. I live in Canton so if you want to head out there together we can meet up and troll on down there.

25. Choptop

Choptop

I've been trying to hook up with the vintage racing crew for a while now... last I heard they were running on Sundays not Sat. I'd love to do a back to back event with them, but its been hard to pin them down on when they are going to do their event, even though it ends up being the same weekend nearly every year. Would love to have the vintage race cars at the show on Sat. to help promote the races on Sun. Would also love to get Billetproof show participants to have their own class at the drags. If you know who I need to talk to to make this happen, shoot me a PM with their contact info. i see this year its on Sat. though.

the reason for not doing a show there... well, drag strips arent set up for a "car show" really. usually just an empty field or asphalt pits, the park is a little nicer :D...

but would love to team up and make it into a larger weekend event of show AND racing with some event Sat. night to round it out.

26. Choptop

Choptop

Just got word that
    Steve Nardella

will be joining the Millionaires on stage at Billetproof. VERY cool.

27. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

The weather is looking great for the weekend. Looks like a trip to Ypsi is in my future.

28. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

I am ready for our match race. Heard that dual quad flatty can really spin the whitewall slicks....:)

29. madscience

madscience
    from Caro, MI

Really geeked up about being able to go this year! when will said party commence in depot town? i probably won't be able to get into town til about 7.

30. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm down for the Friday gigs, might miss Sat this year. FWIW, Milan Dragway has enough space for a full on car show. If you could tie in to it somehow it might be kool, but at the same time you have 2 entities trying to vie for the same gate $$$$. It will take some good negotiating skills to pull it off in your best interests. Some folks here know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.