Register now to get rid of these ads!

time to go out side of ghe box...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Draggin wagon, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

Man h.a.m.b... You have been takin a lot of my time and I love it, but I'm gonna go play with a newer ride that I bought for my 14 year old son..( 87 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4). Please don't change your ways as I will be checking in now and then to see how things r goin. This is what he wanted and I'm all in.. I know its off topic.. but I'm super stoked about it any ways.. ill be back balls deep in my panel truck soon..

2. OLLIN

OLLIN

Sounds like a pretty 'ghe' thread..

3. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

what ever man.. just excited about workin on somethin with my kid.. just happy he wants to turn some wrenches and learn some things with me..

4. cant master bathe to this thread.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

5. deto

deto

Holy crap...

6. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

Instant Winner! :D

7. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I agree-it's a 'ghe' thread! You probably shouldn't have posted it.

Having said that, I applaud what you are doing! Getting you're son interested in working on ANY vehicle is cool, and the fact that you can, and are willing, to spend the time with him is awesome!:cool:

Good luck!

8. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Good choice in trucks, my first truck was a 84 chevy c20. Glad your buildin somethin with your son, my dad died before we could really build somethin.... Have fun :cool:

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

This a a web forum, not a monogamous relationship.

10. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

i guess i should have proof read before i posted it since a few of you are flawless and obviosly have a problem with me bein excited about workin with my kid on a newer chevy... if you need to masterbate to a thread then i feel pretty bad for you too.. to the few that are intellegent enough to see that this is where it all starts with future hot rodders..workin on there daily drivers.. thank you.. the few that dont.. f.u.. jerk off too that fucktards..ahhh i feel better.. thought i was amongst more people that would understand..

11. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Where did this come from??? :confused:

Anyway, Congrats on your kid being interested in working on a project with you. My 13YO daughter came to the garage the other night and helped me do some "demo" work on my 66 F100. We had a really good time together. And contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to enjoy vehicles outside of the HAMB parameters! ;)

12. welded78

welded78
    from ct

boy oh boy some of these guys are way to hard core . who cares what a guy or gal is building if i were you id be excited to be building anything with my kid but the fact that its a usa built truck is a big bonus . half of these computer jocks kids are probly driving civics with 18 in speakers and trash cans for mufflers . have fun with your son and enjoy the time that you have together it doesnt last forever. Ignor the hardcore haters.

13. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Id like to post in this thread but Im busy helping my kid play a video game. I'll be checking this thread time to time cuz its cool. Later...

14. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

READ THE RULES ,
    This is a Traditional HOT ROD site with NOTHING above 1965..

What don't you FNG's understand...

Its not about you and your son,
    Which its great that you two are working together ,
    JUST ,you may not get any LOVE here...

So are we to blame or do we need to DUMB it down for Ya.....

15. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Yep, it's about traditional hotrods-hotrods that PEOPLE build!

Therefore, it's about people too.

Some of you wanna-be-mods take yourselves way to seriously!

16. While not on topic, thats cool. My Dad and I built my 79(not a truck, but equally O/T) a few years ago as my first big project, I paid for the car and everything else, and he assisted me in building it. An 87 is still 25 years old, and could need all of the same shit, like floors, carb rebuild, gaskets, seals, glass, brakes, bushings, shocks. So its good experience without breaking the bank.

Once hes finished a 50s and earlier ride will be no big deal.

17. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

That's great and all, but this site isn't a blog of what members are doing outside of traditional hot rods and customs.

Nice looking panel BTW.

18. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Draggin Wagon, Don't sweat it. Life is all about people and family, way more than cars.

Funny how some INSIST they get an intro but have a problem with a formal (albeit temporary) exit...

Go enjoy your kid and your project while he is still at home and interested. Glad you are stoked.

Come back and see us when you get back to your vintage toy!

19. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

wow, rough crowd:eek:

i read alot of topics where people bitch that the younger crowd has no interest in cars etc., and they wonder who's gonna carry the torch for the next generation of hot rodders.

then we have a member who clearly understands what this site is for [if you bother to really read his post], yet want's to convey the fact that he is proud/happy that his kid is ACTUALLY interested in turning a wrench [they all gotta start somewhere], and you guys beat him down for it......i don't get it. last i figured, teaching your kid to handle a wrench was traditional, maybe i'm wrong.

anyway, to the OP, good for you, and best of luck on your family project.

20. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Some of you guys really are asses. If you don't like a post go to the next one, no need to post a moronic comment. I lurked quite a while before joining and posting because I read a number of post replies from real morons with nothing better to do than be asses.

Like stated, this might not be an on topic post but was made my a member about a somewhat related subject. Get the kids involved in something auto related and get them away from the computer and cell phones and out of the house. This board is like some of the other brand exclusive auto related boards I visit. Someone new will post a question about a car that is of the correct vintage and make but because their ride isn't exactly stock, and may not be appreciated by the by the rules crowd, they piss all over them. This type of attitude only drive away new and younger people who are needed to keep this hobby alive. You crabby jerks aren't going to live forever.

BTW, congrats on helping your kid. I wish my kids would be more interested in working on cars. My oldest doesn't have the slightest interest and is totally mechanically inept. My youngest is currently going to school and doesn't have the time or money for a hobby vehicle but he is tilted toward an old Ford truck some time in the future when he gets the funds. He currently helps with my old trucks, rule is if he doesn't fix them he doesn't drive them. That's want they're there for.

21. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I have 4 sons that reached their teen aged years back in the mid 70s/80s ,as each one approached driving--I want my own car--age, I had one rule. If you want a car, you can buy it but you can't drive it until you work on it, I'll work with you and see what we/you can do. I gave each of them the same offer/deal. Two sons you couldn't hold back, they both were really into it, one son was happy with wheels/tires and a mild lowered rake. The fourth son was not much of a car guy but negotiated to buy and borrow from me enough money to help buy a nicely done El Camino.
    As grown adults, only one has continued the hot rod tradition, but all have car interests and "some day" dreams. BILL RINALDI

22. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

its kinda funny... now i cant quit coming back to see whos being what about a simple little post... im just glad a few of you understand where im coming from.. THANK YOU!

23. metalshapes

metalshapes

Unnecessary Drama pretty much killed this thread.

I hope you dont mind me Closing it...

BTW, I think its really cool that you are building something with your kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.