Register now to get rid of these ads!

What famous car made the biggest impression on you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassercrazy41, Jun 17, 2011.

1. jobbless

jobbless

I would have to say the batmobile. My grandpas 4 model A fords 28 Tudor, 31 woody wagon, 30 roadster, and the 31 pickup. The 58 Chevy from American graffiti. The emperor And the general Lee.

2. mercury jeff

mercury jeff
    from brownsburg

The rod&custom dream truck . It is just a radical kustom . There is nuthing that has not Bin Changed . And Bob metz worked on it . He is won of my hero's .

3. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Cliff Inman's Chrysler built Joe Wilheim.

[​IMG]

4. PURE HELL, One very bad race car

5. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Race car: Winged Express

[​IMG]

Custom car: Cliff Inman's

[​IMG]

6. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

I dont remember what car it was but the first NITRO car I ever heard fire up and run makes me do this :D:D:D to this day!

7. Bilt

Bilt

I would have to say it was either Tweedie Pie because I love Roth and love T's or the Lil Coffin because Starbird lived between me and Wichita. When we would go to Wichita Starbird always had his cool customs parked in front of his house. It was a huge deal being a kid seeing the cars parked outside in the driveway. His son lived south a few miles from him. He had a 53? Ford pick up monster truck and customs parked outside his house all the time also. It was like a car show everyday driving by!!!

Attached Files:

8. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Yep, I was in 7th grade when it came out. That issue of street rodder got ogled quite a bit in study hall by me and my friends. Still have it in my closet and stare at it sometimes still.

9. olpaul

olpaul

I was 13 and I saw my very first AC Cobra. I was transfixed by the backwards shifter. Second was the first Nomad I saw, third the first Avanti for sale at the local Studebaker dealer.

10. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Dave Stuckey's Little Coffin.
    Hope his latest build turns out as cool.

11. Rod & Custom Dream Truck.

12. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Magoo's "Deucari"

Love the stretched front , borrani wires , and laid back duvall screen

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  13. HEAVY100

HEAVY100

The Expendables 55 F100:D

14. desotot

desotot

I grew up in Richmond B.C. and some guy from the Irish Rovers ripped by our house in a green 34 ford pu with a 283 and chrome wheels, I would have been about 8-9yrs old in the early 60s and it changed my way of thinking.

15. countspanko

countspanko

norms 77 sunset bucket

Attached Files:

16. DANSLED

DANSLED
    from CW, Ohio

when i was twelve i saw a story on the "Hirohata Merc" , that was around 1975, got mine when i turned 21, still have it!

Then i saw the "California Kid" movie, haven't got that one yet!!!

17. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

No words necessary

Attached Files:

18. wizzard23

wizzard23

Bo Jones Modified!

19. tjmercury

tjmercury

Gotta be the "Munster Koach", after seeing it as a boy, I knew that if someone could build THAT, then you could build ANYTHING you can imagine!

20. The california kid was amazing and set me on a traditional path early on. then there is the Zaro 39 merc!

21. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

Yep.

22. GEISTERFAHRER

GEISTERFAHRER

Milners Yellow coupe is what always made me want a Hot Rod Coupe, but my fathers 66 Nova Wagon got me started in cars that was the first thing that took me over 100mph hour I remember that day like it was yesterday I think over 20 years ago. I had the biggest smile on my face that day after that I had the itch.

23. Rockabilly E

Rockabilly E
    from oregon

Nice! And the lovely K.C. Winkler

24. Rockabilly E

Rockabilly E
    from oregon

For me It was Milners,Falfas and Bolanders cars from AG.Also I have a 73 Brewster green TA like John Wayne drove in the movie MQ.Never owned a mopar but the Cuda from Phantasm and the Vanishing Point challanenger make me wish I did.

25. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

i was born in 76, and had always wondered how i came to love cars like i do...
    my earliest memories are watching dukes of hazzard...and watching that orange charger tear around corners, flinging dirt and outrunning the cops. i know it wasnt a custom/ hot rod (i dont think i even knew what those were when i was little),
    but then it was all the hot wheels toys in various shapes and sizes...i recall a '32 hot wheel where you could adjust the rear wheels for more height in the back....gave it a real nasty rake....

but to answer the real question....it was the '32 eliminator in the ZZ Top videos that made me think that "hot rods are awesome!"

26. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

there are some pretty cool cars in here. I can defiantly see how they made impressions on you guys

27. SteadyT

SteadyT

Death's Door Step when I was 22.

28. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

Jerry Cogswell owned and raced this car in the mid-60's. He made one of the first fiberglass deuce bodies, took a mold off his street driven roadster.

Attached Files:

29. 1950 silver bullet

1950 silver bullet
    from Austin, TX

30. I can't name just one car but when I was around 4 years old in the late 50's I can remember my parents taking me to a quarter mile dirt track in southern Indiana and watching the sprint car races. From that point on cars of all kinds caught my attention.