Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration custom pinstriping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roosters pinstriping, Mar 21, 2012.

?

Is this good quality work ?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2012.
  1. yes

19.4%
  2. no

80.6%
  1. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I like the fact you take critics so well. With your attitude you will learn alot more than people who already know it all.. good luck.

2. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

Take your name out of your design and make it smaller. plus, you need to work on your line quality. what i mean by that is how thick or thin your lines are. if you look at some of you lines one side will be thick and only about 90% of the other side will be the same thickness. also, don't put your lines so close together especially if you plan on using thicker lines. If you try a blue mack oo or o that will help you maybe. i've never used anything over a 1. here's some lines my buddy Kasey Christensen has layed down, he is a good example of nice thin symmetrical lines. Everybody has their own style though. This is his. Mine is more spread out, skratch's is more "flowy" and curvy. like i said every one has their own style

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  3. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

They all look the same.... branch out, other designs, not so busy.
    i try to keep each thing i do as different than the previous, yeah, there are similarities in a lot and sometimes i do repeat, but try to not do it unless the customer asks (and then i dont do exact)
    There's links to my work below

4. roosters pinstriping

roosters pinstriping
    from badsville

Thanks for all the inputi have come a long way from where i started i really dont know what i am going to do til the brush starts moving i am really woring on differant stuff my style changes each week and i dont realize i repeat my self til i look at the pics later i willbe posting nore pics as i get them uploaded thanks again

5. Swifster

Swifster

Can you do simple stuff. Will your ego allow you to stripe without signing your 'art'. There isn't a lot of strippers in the collision business. You need to match someone elses stuff to make the car/truck look right. This can also be true with hot rod shops (hey, hot rods get wrecked too).

As mentioned, the KISS principle isn't something that's bad to learn. Many cars sold in the 60's had single and dual pinstripes. Owners of muscle cars have money that is just as green. But you need consistency. Can you repeat one side to another?

Like the others said, don't give up. And don't limit yourself to car shows. Businesses need stripers too.

6. The day I stopped being an "Artist" was the day I started making money.