Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Walker Exhaust Stock-Where did it go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dads426, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Dads426

Dads426
    from Olney, MD

I worked at Montgomery Wards back in the 70's and they had tons of old Walker Exhaust stock. I know some other parts stores stocked this stuff. Where did it all go? It's probably better to have a custom exhaust bent-up, but if those old pipes are still around it may be an economical alternative (plus I can install them at home instead of dragging the car to a shop). It's for a 72 340 Duster. Thanks!

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

They probably sold them off cheap as a job lot. I used to know a guy who had a garage full of rusty tailpipes from a defunct Western Auto store.

Maybe they are still around someplace or maybe they were scrapped years ago. Hard to say for sure.

3. Since is been over 10 years since Monkey Wards went out of business, i really doubt that any old exhaust inventory is just sitting somewhere. The liquidation was the largest in US history and most of the auto stuff got bought out by companies that sell to Mexico and such. I would imagine by now any exhaust stuff was sold or scrapped

4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

In Ohio they show up at the swap meets, but not much left, and most not Id'd!

5. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

you can still get factory style Mopar pipes from TTI ot Accurate LTD but it's not gonna be cheap...

6. Dads426

Dads426
    from Olney, MD

Thanks for the replies. I'll check at Carlisle. I remember a couple of vendors had some repro pipes there.

7. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Have you tried ordering them from your local parts store? Then again it might be cheaper to just take it to a muffler shop.

I used to work in a muffler shop and I wouldn't bother doing my own exhaust work. They can do a great job at a cost of only a few bucks more than I would pay for the parts.

8. i have picked up lot's of old inventory at swop meets and scrap yards for the bends. if the size is right, i don't care what it came from, i have used the pieces to make up and repair lot's of systems.

9. Dads426

Dads426
    from Olney, MD

I'll check the NAPA store when the time comes. Just got the shell stripped to the bare bones. It'll probably take me a year to get it together. Just gathering parts as I see them.

10. Try amazon .com they have some great deals on exhaust stuff and free shipping.