Register now to get rid of these ads!

bob wood passes away...... milltown...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by milltownrodz, Apr 27, 2012.

1. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

[​IMG]
    unfortunatley after batteling lou gerrigs disease for over ten years. i received a call today that our friend bob wood passed away.....
    woody had a quick demise into being a prisoner in his own body some years back.....
    a independant racer he even won grumpy jenkins in the late 70s at san air ......
    ran 6.87 quarter mile in his pro stock... and was the man at custom headwork..... when i became involved and realized how intense mr wood was... we stopped the scumbags from ripping him off.... after callin steve magnante he recomended calluing big daddy garlits......
    well low n behold big daddy bought the car were it sitts today in his museum..... ( biggest heart in drag racing) also mr steve magnante did a killer 6 page artical on woody and his dedication to going fast...
    bobs car lives on as does his story.... i wanna thank steve magnante .. grace black.. big daddy and all who helped make this happen for woody... what was also cool was the 554 mooneyham n sharp was on garlits trailer on pik up day..... god speed bob wood.... you r missed by all....

2. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Tough disease..Rip Bob

3. 51delivery

51delivery

ALS sucks!!! Lost my dad to it a few years ago. I feel for any person or family touched by it

4. racer67x

racer67x

at least he got to see the deal with Garlits and maybe it gave him some peace that he will be remembered..RIP

5. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

Yes that was our deal ! He was apprecited and remembered !

6. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Wow sorry to hear........ Might I suggest some kind of fund raiser event at this years Milltown for LGD? 50/50 or a silent auction

7. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

Bronx I like this !