Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just a loaner...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Apr 24, 2012.

1. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Great story, thanks for sharing it with us......

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Cool story, Reminds me of the time I got stopped for speeding and weaving in and out of I-40 traffic while test driving a Vette that I had just changed the tranny in while working at AAMCO Transmissions in Amarillo.:eek:

3. Great story! As my I get older stories like this slowly creep outta my grandpa...not sure if he tells them cause he's guilty or proud, but either way I love hearing them.

4. raymay

raymay

Your dad sounds like an awesome guy. The story brought back some great memories. I guess most of us all did the disconnected speedometer, but probably never remembered how we learned to do it. Ironically in one of my cabinets I still have the old ignition switch that I simply plugged into my buddies parents car on nights they were out with another couple. John would tell me what time, and always had a girl waiting for me. I would disconnect the speedometer, plug in my switch and bring the car to the dance. To this day John still thinks I was one of the smartest guys on the block. Kind of makes you wonder how many times your own kid might have pulled a stunt like this. If he did, be proud because he probably learned it from you dad.

5. autobilly

autobilly

I've taken the odd "loaner" when the need has arisen, always off the used car lot though.

6. davidh73750

davidh73750

wow! I did the same thing in the 80's with a olds cutlass wagon. sunday morning papers were often cold in jan-feb.

I wonder if troost was a rough area back then?? I know off 63rd and troost it was in the 90's. Often stripped cars were abandoned after being stolen off the sides streets

7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Jay,thanks for posting this thread.I brought back a lot of memories from my misspent youth.I think the underlying thought with most dealers was that as long as the customers didn't know,it was sort of OK.

8. 46th and Troost! That is by me! I am sure it is a little different today =)

Go Chicken Go! (For the KC people)

9. SkimmerBob

SkimmerBob

Hey Chigger i like your Avatar!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

10. Ed "Axle" II

Ed "Axle" II
    from Evans,CO

Good read made me grin :D