Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Alllllll the Longroofs.....Let's see 'em boys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ♠Stovebolt♠, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Scotch

Scotch

Thanks SO much guys. I miss hanging out here and I will be spending more time back here now, but I've really been dedicated to the performance work on that wagon and it really is outside the realm of this board a bit. So, I share with other boards that are more appropriate. However- I still have my '50 Buick project and the killer Straight 8 engine project for it will be back in-process now! The wagon is pretty much done (save for upgrades) and I'm getting back into the Buick. I just picked up a rear axle for it and it will surely be a killer custom when I'm done. I'll share its process as it comes together...and include the occasional update on the wagon as I get things done. I really want to break into the 11s and I want to run a flying half-mile with the nitrous and see what kind of speed I can reach. I know it'll run to over 130 easily- it has. So can I hit 140? That'd be cool.

If it happens, I'll mention it here and keep updating pics too.

2. spacebull1

spacebull1
    from Belgrade

I agree...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:)

3. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

My daily is a 99 Taurus wagon aka The Bruzer Kruzer and my dream is my is a 64 bird woody wagon.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  4. Did the black Tudor ever belong to, or are you Rodney Jones. Rod had a wagon like that when I was about 5 years old. 56 @Pond-2.jpg

5. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

A few that didn't make it - The black '57 was a factory J-2 car with a 3 speed standard shift with air conditioning...I'm pretty sure these are all gone - photos are at least 4 years old - Rusted beyond comprehension - you can see the driver's side rear door on the black '57 is almost at a 45 degree angle since the B-Pillar was rusted away from the body. Shame.

Attached Files:

6. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

[​IMG]

Was this taken this morning Don? LOL, what a thing to wake up to today!

7. 1low52

1low52

What a great assortment of longroofs!
    My plan is to build a period correct pusher for VA HAMB when he gets his gasser tuck restored.
    This one is all original with just a slight 'altitude' adjustment.
    What do you think about the wheel/tire combo?

Attached Files:

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

9. pride63

pride63

Attached Files:

11. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Love it! Looking at the cargo area I'd take a guess you're a carpenter?

My dad had a black 63 like this for a while when I was young, but we never drove it (had a 56 Ford wagon, 72 Vista Cruiser and a 67 Ford Country Squire at the same time)

12. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I absolutely love the cargo area as well! That was how I always planned to do mine, but wasn't quite sure how it would look. Great work!

13. pride63

pride63

the chap i bought it of restored it 4 years ago and hasnt used it so sold it to me after a lot of begging lol.
    i actually went to look at a falcon wagon but fell in love with this.
    its a san jose black plate car whatever that means?

14. grant falloon

grant falloon

I've collected 3 Mercury wagons......1957-58-59 2-dr Commuters.

15. grant falloon

grant falloon

I have a 2-dr Commuter......do you have any wagon parts?

16. grant falloon

grant falloon

Mercury also produced 2-dr hardtop wagons for 3 years (57,58,59)

17. grant falloon

grant falloon

I saw your Ranchwagon last Sunday at the Knoxville car show......congratulations
    on a fine ride! You should be proud of all your time and efforts.

18. grant falloon

grant falloon

I might be interested in your Plymouth....details and price?

I just joined this group today, so still trying to navigate....etc.

19. outlaw256

outlaw256

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. JUST KIDDING but im jealous as hell.

20. 62galaxie

62galaxie

She is a beauty.

21. killer-D

killer-D

1965 studebaker wagonaire 283 auto a/c 49000 miles

22. flamdit

flamdit

i love this thread. heres mine

Attached Files:

23. stiles69

stiles69
    from tulsa

not exactly a hamb'r but what the hell - my 69 3 door burb

Attached Files:

24. x Baldwin Motion

x Baldwin Motion

[​IMG]

seeing daylight for the first time since 1965

25. gonmad

gonmad

Oh my!! Too cool!!

26. tattourist

tattourist

This thread is awesome. That studebaker is badass!

27. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, that's too cool. I love '48 Fords.

If I owned a resort, I'd have to have one of those around for picking up guests at the airstrip/ferry/depot, getting supplies from town, and generally setting the appropriate mood.

28. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

And it would generate a tax-deductible business expense!! That's having your cake and eating it, too!

29. halloweennight96

halloweennight96

Well.. I'm not too savy with the forums, but I love this thread so I guess I'll play too. Just picked this thing up. Ive been a wagon nut for years, but being a broke white boy in tough times.. Its been hard to find the next one. Bee building old volkswagens for years, and now moving back into the wagon world feels pretty good. I was looking for a 62-64 full size ford wagon, but found this 61 contry sedan and thought it had tons of potential. 223 inline 3 speed... Drove it 100 miles home no issues. It needs some personal touches, but again... Complete and different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Came home and got started.. Took the lakes off, and switched over to a stock hood with some green paint with flattening agent to match..

[​IMG]

Only interior shot I have at this time..

[​IMG]

Plans are to lower it, possibly sand and repaint over the scallops to get it all one color, lower it and drive the snot out of it.

Its been a long time since I have messed with coils and leafs. Would a 3" block mess with the pinion angle too bad? I'm a low boy and love em low. Any help of suggestions.. I am open to feedback.

John

30. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Oh man that is sweet, I love it, and you did the same thing I would which was lose the thunderbolt style scoop.

Not sure on pinion angle myself, but I know it's always better to use and angled drop block to keep things a little less stressful to the parts involved.

I made you this!

[​IMG]

Attached Files: