Register now to get rid of these ads!

'PINKS' on Speed channel on now

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod60F100, Jul 13, 2005.

1. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

You guys seen this show yet?right now thier pitting this dudes 66 Goat against this Trad. hot rod i think its a 20's or early 30's Ford all done up shop top Z'd frame.Those who have the Speed channel don't miss it.And i apologize if this has been discussed already.

2. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Thanks. I would have missed it. I was just checking the HAMB before I head out to the garage. Guess it can wait till 8.

Drew

3. Ha...! I just got done watching it.

Who the hell would let someone else drive their car in a lose all race...? :confused:
    Muscle boy was pretty quick to take the three cars in the second race... that cost him BIG.

I love all the tears and the empty trailer at the end.

There's a serious advantage to the hot rod, anyway.
    Horsepower to weight... the thing took off like a rocket.

Milner's coupe would have beat the fiver, too. :D

JOE:cool:

4. Mutt

Mutt

I believe that the show is real, and that there is a line of guys who are willing to build cars to possibly lose on a "reality" show on TV.....

I believe that the show is real, and that there is a line of guys who are willing to build cars to possibly lose on a "reality" show on TV....

I believe...:rolleyes:

Mutt

5. Miles

Miles
    from Western MA

If it is real, which I think it is, I love it. Nothing better than heads up racing with negotiations and strategy, and a price to pay. I was on the edge of my seat (ok couch).

6. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

The preview for the next show had some late 80's GM FWD 4 door going up against something I don't even remember...did they run out of race cars already?

7. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Hey Mabey they will Let me race my Friends Datson If the other car Breaks i'd have a chance to win and if i lose it I'd be out a $50 car

8. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

I though the Goat had the Trad. rod by the balls from the sound of it and seeing that big fuckin dominator carb but the crew of the Goat were a bunch of assholes who desereved to get thier shit taken away.i'm glad that Trad. hot rod won.The host tho acts more like a boxing ref than the host of a run for pinks racing show LOL and the prick boohoo'n at the end was priceless :D

9. Rusty

Rusty

I watched it last night and thought it was okay. Dont think the goat had a chance if it did have a good axle.

10. RacerRick

RacerRick

I just want to know what type of stupid idgit takes a completely untested car to something like that.

That goat would have walked the ford easily if it had been sorted.

11. dt50chev

dt50chev

I pretty much like the show, but it does need a new host. The guy is totally uninteresting, doesn't really know cars and he's a butthead.

12. Miles

Miles
    from Western MA

I think the host is the producer (probably came up with the idea for the show).

I think he does a good job of getting nervous people to actually commit and race.

Anyone here have the balls to put his car up? Not me.

I love trad hot rods (duh) WAY more than muscle cars, but there is no way in hell that rod would have won if the gto was sorted. It's called traction. I've seen many rods go down the 1/4 mile and they usually run in the 13.00's or High 12.00's (low 12's blown with radir slicks). That gto should at least have been in the 11.00's.

What do you muscle car guys think that gto should have done?

13. FWIW: I know the guy that built the A. He is Tim Gangle from Minnesota Hot Rod Hardware. The show according to him is real. He let us preview it at our rod run this spring. It is up to the winner whether or not they take the car. Tim is a super nice guy and gave the GTO back. So the drama with the trailer pulling out was not the whole truth. I don't know when he gave it back either. He was asked back for another show and accepted, won again and gave the car back again. I said he was a nice guy, I didn't say he wasn't stupid.:)

They had the car at BTT50's and cruised the grounds with it for a bit. Plans are for a milder mill for it that won't suck up so much of the expensive go-go juice.;)

14. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

the GTO guy from what I seen tried to lowball the guy with the sedan and I'm glad he lost

if I had won I'd have stripped the goodies out of the GTO and gave him back what was left:D

personally I wouldn't have the guts to do the race in the first place so its all theory:eek:

15. TomH

TomH

Hey Eyeball, ya got a copy ( tape or DVD ) of it? We could watch it next weekend.

16. No. He had it on DVD and I didn't have a buner with. But I do have a copy of the HAMB drags we can watch and your on it handing me my ass with your roadster!:D

17. Nightfire

Nightfire
    from Canada

For those who missed it you can watch it here

http://www.racingjunk.com/pinks.jsp

The race was unfair to begin with, they had both agreed to small blocks but the goat didnt stick to that. Also the owner got a pro racer to drive it for him, so the race was stacked agains the '29. When his axel snapped he claimed that "parts flew out of the rear end"....yeah right:rolleyes: when asked to show the parts they had nothing...
    Glad the model A took it...

Mike

18. TomH

TomH

19. desertdroog

desertdroog

How can a Pontiac have a small block? Pontiac only made one block with different displacements. I think that the Pontiac would have walked on the A if the rear held together. The guy was squirrely on his launches, he could have been a bit more conservative and then let the old Goat do what it does best once it is in motion. My 2 cents.

20. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

Man that was great, I got caught by the boss and he quit yelling to watch the races.

21. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

does tim g. have fangs?:confused:

22. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Had seen bits & pieces of the show before, but saw it all last night. Was glad to see the model a tudor win the race. What the heck happened to the goat? It looked like it was all dressed up, but had no place to go! I think folks out there look at jalopies and wonder how long it would take them to get to the finish line. Hope this answers their curiosity.