Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Scammer from the UK, Pete Bolton

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sledge, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

This guy just hit me up via personal email and it's definitely a scam. I had wanted adds for two totally different items and he had them both.

One was a 48 plymouth rearend which he said he could ship through UPS if I would just send him a money gram. Yeah right! And he did not have any images but assured me it was NOS. The other was a NOS 32 roadster rear fender which he would sell for $200 shipped! Bullshit! Im sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, I just dont wanted anyone to be scammed by this jackass.

Here is his info: pete03 @ THE H.A.M.B." [email protected]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

3. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Yeah that prick has my 29 dodge doors and decklid also

4. Yeah, I think he has the name "Pete02" also. HEe emailed me saying he had a 1955 Cadillac he was "breaking" out. I did not respond, JERK!

5. chopt49

chopt49

This guy just emailed me today saying he has the '55 tail light sheet metal I want - few emails back and forth and he says this:

"yes I have both sides in excellent shape and condition and they are the NOS ones. I am asking $200 shipped for them. I will be shipping via UPS or FedEx whichever you prefer and shall accept payment via Western union or Money gram. What's your complete shipping address?
    Thanks,
    Pete."

Was like wow, 200 bucks and he wants Money Gram, gee sign me up -NOT! :rolleyes:

Found these local (bout hour south of me) going to get them tomorrow for pennies.

Heads up folks...

Bump.

6. deto

deto

I wish we could send a kick in the dick by western union

7. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

I laughed and tottaly agree

8. Ask him for an address next time and I'll pop over for a "cup of tea" ;)

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Reported him after he pulled the same stunt on me. He's now banned. $200 for that seat part I need, Western Union only. When I indicated Pay Pal only I never heard back.

10. martin

martin

Back-up, Jerk.

11. Is he pulling these names off the want adds?

12. It's worth repeating that people just don't use Western Union in the UK. If someone claims to be from the UK and wants to be paid by Western Union, chances are they are actually based in downtown Lagos.

If you're still unsure then post on the UK NSRA Forum. UK rodding is a very small world and they will know of any legitimate dealer in rare rod parts.

13. Crankhole

Crankhole

He also has the master cylinder adapter that I need for $120 !!!!! :-O
    I've been sending him emails just to waste some of HIS time.

Anyone else wanna send him some love? [email protected]

14. reptar_head

reptar_head
    from Colorado

Yep, he has the tunnel ram for SBF I'm looking for as well. Only $150 shipped via money gram.

15. Amazingly the same fellow was parting out his 62 C10 and had a NOS radiator but couldn't send me a picture for some stupid excuse I told him to forget then saw that he was banned here - I LOVE THE H.A.M.B. - Thanks for the confirmation guys!

16. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Pretty sure this is the same guy that was selling automotive paint on uk eBay. Remember seeing the post on "Rods and Sods" website. He targeted all the popular car websites. He scammed alot of folks but did it with cheques and not Western Union.
    Tracked him down to Liverpool i think. As Blackjack said apart from back packers and dodgy fuckers not many folks use Western Union here.

17. brandon

brandon

Damn....there goes that nos chevy II tailgate.....no pics and $200 shipped and the tell tale Western union .....

18. Hanson

Hanson
    from Belfair

Just tried to scam me too. $180 for a one piece 49 Chevy windshield, shipped. Yeah right!

19. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

This happens on craigslist all the time. I just never thought it would happen here but I guess the HAMB is pretty big now so we're probably in for a lot more of this shit! Bummer!

20. Zerk

Zerk

Remarkable that a guy in the UK has such an extensive inventory of parts for American cars. I wonder if he has a pair of water pumps for my '59 Corvair?

21. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Probably the same guy who tried to sell me a Y block and said Fed X would deliver it.

22. Joe Johnston

Joe Johnston
    from Ohio

Its unfortunate that scum like this exist, but posts on the HAMB may keep us alert and aware. I have bought several items here and have had no problems and always been pleased. One guy even sent me parts "to inspect and approve of" when I inquired and had never sent money. To thank him for his trust, I sent extra for beer money. HAMBERS are 99.9% good guys and we need to keep everyone aware.

23. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I think 99.9% is being a bit generous.

Bump.

24. 117harv

117harv

What was his user name?

25. 31modelo

31modelo

I think it's the same guy who responed to a want ad of mine also, now pete03.

26. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

He tried to scam me for a NOS 302 gmc head out of the UK. $300 shipped. I knew right then it was a scam. A real piece of shit this guy is.

27. Pete

Pete

He sent me a PM about a Crosley carb Im looking for, also in the Wants Ad section.

Pete-

28. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

This is the message he sent to me, im sure he has a new name and email address by now.

"I have a NOS rear end and drive shaft for a 1948 Plymouth. I do not have images but they are in excellent shape and condition."

"I am asking $450 for them and price includes shipping and handling. I will be shipping via UPS or FedEx whichever you prefer and shall accept payment via Western union or Money gram. What's your complete shipping address?"

29. Woody51

Woody51

So this guy is a scammer.
    Was conversing back and forth to get some info from him like why is parting out his 36 which by the pics looks great....how can you send me 4 fenders a grill and shell for 780 including shipping from the UK....

Was seriously considering this deal as I'm new to this. Glad I did more research.

Thanks for the posts.

30. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

If it sounds too good to be true, it's likely a scam.

One way to tell if somebody actually has access to the parts they are selling is to ask for pictures from specific odd angles that wouldn't normally be put in an online ad. If a seller can't supply photos, be very wary.

They don't need everybody to fall for a scam. Just a few makes them enough money.