Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carlisle 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JCW2110, Mar 31, 2012.

1. olds vroom

olds vroom

I'll be there Saturday can't wait

2. Hey Bob does that mean I'll smell the burgers cookin'!?!?

3. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

I am all packed up...camper and pickup....will be on the road at 630 am....2 sets of t-bird seats...lots of trim...specializing in late 30's-to early 60's...misc. parts and hot rod goodies....Kustom car goodies...stop by and say Hi--NE41-42...waddaycare--joburnsjo--gashog--bigbob55...I will be looking for you....stan

4. NE41-42... I got your number Stan!

See ya' there!

5. Chemin

Chemin

First time for me. We're leaving late Thursday night to be there first thing Friday morning. Will be there Saturday as well. Looking for '28 Model A beltline molding and rain gutters.

6. 5window

5window

If you're coming all this way, check out the AACA Museum in Hershey. It's east of Harrisburg like Carlisle is west, but what the heck? Also, if you don't find what you want at Carslisle, call this guy-Watsontown's 90 minutes north of Harrisburg on Rt 15-you're probably going very near and he has tons of old and new Model A stuff.

Bill's Model A Acres Farm 570-538-3200

7. ThompsonSpeed

ThompsonSpeed

Me and a couple buddies will be there. We cant wait to check out all the parts, and possible future projects. Hope to see you all there!

8. Chemin

Chemin

Thanks for the info. Will definitely look those places up.

9. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Hows it going with the weather???? Does it look like a good year? or is it dieing out more this year?????

10. navypainter

navypainter

On our way to Carlisle right now. On 495 heading to 270 and it's raining :(. Hopefully we won't get too wet. Good luck to everyone, buyers and sellers!

11. While in the area, especially if it sprinkles and vendors cover their rust
    with those lovely blue tarps, hop on over to the Eastern Museum of
    Motor Racing at Latimore Valley. It's about a 1/2 hour ride, open from
    10 am to 4 pm, Fri, Sat, & Sun. It's the home of the Jalopyshowdown
    (May 19).

12. 5window

5window

Give us a report of your visit, please. I am scheduled to go with friends Saturday, but it looks like 60 and sunny tomorrow and 52 with a 50% chance of rain on Saturday. I am off tomorrow, my friends, aren't. I have a bum leg and enough blue tarps. I wonder how many venders will pack it in if it looks like rain on Saturday?

13. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I drove down in my green f-1 yesterday and brought back a truckload of model A tin and a few f-1 parts that I needed all for GREAT prices. Yesterday the weather was great.

14. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey big guy,
    Hope we can say that Saturday! Glad to hear you scored some good deals.

15. 5window

5window

Official forecast for Saturday at noon today: "50 Chance of showers. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the upper 30s". Typical Spring Carlisle. I would like to miss the rain, but i hate to miss the sight of cars sliding down the hill!.

16. 270283

Just got home. Good weather this morning at Carlisle. The car corral looks like part of the parking lot now. I guess people buy spaces to park while they shop. All the collector cars could fit in about one third the space. Capitalism is alive and well. Saw two cars that had been sold locally for under ten grand in the past two weeks up there with $12,500 prices on them. I also saw a late model Camry sitting there with a price on it. Must have been one of the super rare high performance models. Or maybe just some ass-wipe trying to dump his daily. The times, they are a-changin'.

17. 5window

5window

What's a Camry? :)

18. Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Oh boy... I hope it shapes up for tomorrow. I don't want my first time to remind me of every time at Englishtown.

19. 270283

Japcrap, since you asked.

20. 5window

5window

Tomorrow looks god-60 ish,cloudy and windy (15-25) but no rain. There are thunderstorms possible tonight so it could be wet in the morning. Saturday is much colder-52 with a 30% chance of rain. I'm leaning toward going alone tomorrow instead of with the Saturday buddies, but the PA weatherpeople are notoriously wrong more than 50% of the time.

21. 4rcFed

4rcFed

Heading out early tomorrow morning. Can't wait!:D It's been awhile since I have been to Carlisle.

22. I'm a virgin. Hope the weather pans out.

23. mink

mink
    from CT

1st timer here too, boss let me take a short day. Anyone got pics

24. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Haven't gone to the spring show for a couple years . I also really hate that damn hill and trying to find a place to park so far away really sucks too !
    I am there set up during the Fords at Carsile Show so I get all the parts I need there since I am a Ford guy ! If anyone comes to the Ford Carsile Show in the first week in June , I will be set up along the fence in spaces P61 & P62 ! I will also be happy to watch any HAMBers parts as they look around !
    So stop on by in June at the Ford Carsile Show ! I am there on Thursday , Friday and Saturday ! Then I pack up and go home till next year ! I also attend the Mopar and Fall Shows ! If anyone else is set up at the Carsile Ford Show let me know where you are so I will stop by and introduce myself .

Retro Jim

25. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

I cant wait so excited. Not gonna be there till sat morning.

26. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Hows the swap meet area? Is it full as usual??

27. 3030

No it is not full and what a great place to buy a hat,gas pump,lawn art,wax,signs and other flea market crap. But there was some good finds,my feet are killin Me.

28. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

its gonna be my buddys first year. I keep tellen him how cool and huge it is. I hope I dont make an ass outta my self.

29. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Just wanted to say it was a pleasure stopping in to chat, and the peach cake was awesome. Thanks again guys.:D

Wayne

30. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Yes they were! And I have the free brownie to prove it. They had a sign at their set up that said "H.A.M.B. spoken here" so I introduced myself. We had a nice conversation and the aforementioned brownie. There are the first guys from the H.A.M.B that I had ever met at Carlisle