Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats the best thing you got for free

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cayager, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Maybe not the very best thing but I did get this for helping a friend move. Runs great and I'm doing the body now to make a nice summer driver.

Attached Files:

2. yardgoat

yardgoat

A friend ask me if i could use a Dodge 400 engine with trans that ran.I said i might if i can afford it ,so come to find out it was in a 1978 Dodge Cobra camper and as i was looking at how to pull the motor he said,NO the whole thing put in a battery and drive it home.So i did and a week latter he asked if he could buy the stove in it because his rusted out or?.I couldnt sell him that so i told him take all the inside stuff,he did no i have a temp stowage space on wheels. cant beat that.......................YG

3. yardgoat

yardgoat

A men on that........................YG:)

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

prove it.

5. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

recently, some eelco valve covers for my sbc.

[​IMG]

6. mramc1

mramc1

The 283 that's in my Model A truck and the 1946 Studebaker truck that my Dad gave me 20 years ago that I'm still driving today!

7. A blow job. The worse thing I got for free was the clap. I don't care I still don't like hippies but I love hippy chicks. :D

8. 1948 Austin Devon (running cond), 1955 chev and 1969 Cadillac (both runners), neighbor just gave me a 1968 Ford station wagon last weekend (no motor or trans), and the most recent (this morning) is a Ford 8N tractor with a brush hog that runs like a top. I traded the 8N tractor for a new Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor that I won for free and he even delivered the 8N to my house. Life is GOOD.... :D:D

9. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

An education, and... I got to play D1 hockey at the same too!

10. My 300 amp Miller TIG welder, the guy even delivered it to my shop. When he got there he also had a 20 ton arbor press that he gave me too.

11. Good friend who is like family gave me the 307 Chevy that is in Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup. Came out of a '68 GMC pickup that only had about 30,000 miles and was rusted all to pieces.

12. larry k

larry k

13. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

a 460 with a c6 transmission.

14. knoxbrendon

knoxbrendon

Don't know how to post pics or I would but my dad was hurt in a work related acident and got a small settlement he bought him a Harley road king and gave me his old bike for my 25th birthday it was a 2000 UMC fat pounder hard tail with a 230 rear tire and a 113 s&s motor it was a great bday present miss that thing

15. Mercchev

Mercchev

My 56 Chevy. Grandpa gave it to me when I was 14, and I still have it.

Attached Files:

16. A Muncie M-22
    Great back up for the one in the Anglia

17. JJK

JJK

A 63 Vette 327block and crank, few years later a buddy was cleaning his parents garage and gave me a set of "humps" .

18. von zipper

von zipper

When I do I call them "Freddy Freebies!"

:D

19. fossiltin62

fossiltin62

I've been around a while and over the years have gotten a number of things "free". First thing I can remember was a '31 Essex rumble seat coupe when I was 14. Just recently I was given a radial arm saw. The owner (a friend) was trying to rip a piece and was doing it backwards. It flipped and rapped him on the noodle and shoulder. So he gives me the saw. Of course, now he's got these pieces he needs cut..............

20. poprivit

poprivit
    from Hagerstown

My friend ask if i would like to lease the small garage he was vacating. I said " sure do". Then he said , " could I let those old car parts there so I dont have to move them" ? I said "sure can". TWO flathead motors and THREE 97'S. Thank you Jesus!

21. fossiltin62

fossiltin62

But then, just thinking about it, I've given a lot of stuff away.....

22. 6-71

6-71

complete 4-71 blower setup for a small block chevy.the guy said it took up too much shelf space.I ran it for several years,and it is now on the T-bucket I am building.;)

23. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

I got this 1/2 stripped house trailer for free...
    [​IMG]

then I had to put about $300 to get it to this.
    [​IMG]

24. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

Last week I was given a 35 master 4 door sedan.After I took the mustang II fornt clip off it I give the body to my buddy.The roof will finish his chop on his 36,all four fenders are better than his.Also was given a running and complete,includeing trans 47 canadian truck flatty,a nice model 4 banger which I give to another buddy.The only item I had to pay for was the nos reground 3/4 race cam for the flatty...it cost a case of beer.Was a good week!

25. PJKeally

PJKeally

Got 1934 Studebaker Truck, now rebuilding,From Generous Farmer,Cheers Rebel Koolsville. Down under.

26. davo461

davo461

Totally O/T but some guys on here will understand.
    I was given a large plastic bag containing assorted bits of wood which, when assembled, became an 1820 Jacquet Double bass. The guy said he gave up trying to re-assemble it.
    It was , apparently, used to entertain the troops on the Pacific Islands, during WW11 where the heat and humidity caused it to fall apart.
    It is, according to "da Man' in Australia, a 'world class' instrument, worth a shipload and has a really good sound.
    For this I will be eternally grateful. I play the wheels off it lol.

27. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

I got a 1969 Dodge Charger RT,that had been sitting in my brothers best friend yard for over 20 years,the back wheels had sunk in the ground,all the way to the axle.He said if i could get it out,i could have it,he was moving.Four hours latter,and a whole bunch of sweat,and a tow chain,it was mine....

28. Hanson

Hanson
    from Belfair

Got a chevy 250 with powerglide still hooked up. About 35k on the motor. Great free transplant for my 49 styline.

29. Killer score!!