Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vandals destroy prized classics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cadillacjerk, Apr 22, 2012.

1. biscaynes

biscaynes

wow, i guess we really didn't land on the moon either.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yep, yer right

3. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Yeah, OK Sherlock. I suggest you get a dictionary and look up the words "fact" and "opinion" to learn the difference.

How in the world does an act of vandalism become a political argument that it was performed by persons with particular political leanings?

Do you think Greenpeace burned the car so the car couldn't burn any more gas and pollute the environment?

4. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

We were on the moon? All B.S. aside.... Regardless of the motive this kind of crap is sickening. I have a friend with over 100 old cars and people steal and destroy things there every once in awhile. I guess they think they aren't hurting anything as most cars are old and many in poor condition but they don't stop to think its still someone else' property... That is if they are even capable of thinking at all.

5. nukeman

nukeman
    from Michigan

Anger.

This thread is full of it.

As humans we all can be very emotional. When we read of someone being violated it reminds us of times when we were violated and what we would do to get back at the violator. We want to crush their balls in a vice and I'm no different than any of you. We've all been there. Most of us show a mix of emotions, anger, a strong desire for vengeance, sadness, more anger, dismay.

In the two videos I watched he showed no anger. He may be a total pacifist, maybe, but even they usually show some anger. He kept looking away from the camera, like he was hiding something, probably just hiding his tears I guess. He didn't try tell the low life scum that he'd be ready for them, if they dared to return. I know I would have. No, he just didn't act as I would have expected.

You could see ruts in the mud in some of the pictures, but there was none where the car burned. If I was a low life scum, "joyriding" in someone's Studebaker, and got it unstuck from the mud, I would do donuts until I was stuck again, not park over on the other side of an outbuilding to burn it. I haven't heard of donuts being done at all yet.

Yep, I could be the moron here. So what?

I watched the moon landings and the emotions the Apollo controllers and astronauts showed was unmistakable. Watch any space movie from before 1969 and you will laugh at how wrong Hollywood portrayed the emotions and everything else about space travel. Yes, it changed the world. This thread won't.

If it did happen as the story was told, yes it is sickening, and I would gladly volunteer to crank the vice, slowly, very slowly.

6. Cadillacjerk

Cadillacjerk

Nukeman ...you write well, and you seem educated and everyone is entitled to their opinion...when I posted this, I did it more to show that anyone, anywhere can be a victim, even in a rural area in northern Alberta, sadly, where gun laws are Draconian (actually all of Canada) so shooting someone here while protecting your property is considered a way worse crime than what these assholes did.

But the biggest thing that got me is that these were old cars, something I live and breathe. I go to more cars shows than I ever went to church...if that says anything, and I'll bet most of these posters to this thread feel like I do. I'm not trying to solve it nor do I have any real input about how it happened or why, it's just real sad that it did...

7. nukeman

nukeman
    from Michigan

Yes extremists have done these counter-intuitive things, like right to lifers killing abortion doctors... It's rare, but it has happened. Unfortunately, some prefer to paint with a broad brush...

How quickly we go through the stages of grief depends on our own personal emotional make up and how well we process our feelings. But you don't believe we can feel several emotions at once? Anger tends to jump to the surface very quickly. And the stages we have gotten past often return many times before we are done with them. Shock and denial can be dispensed with rather quickly, but the others can haunt us for years.

EDIT: Someone posted the 7 stages of grief in a feeble attempt to show why the old man may not have shown anger.
    Then you deleted your post.
    I responded to your post in a respectful way.
    Then you disrespected me by deleting it.
    Why post it if you won't defend it?
    Are you not man enough to loose an argument on the internets?
    Text book psychology fails in real world situations.
    If someone died in a flood, would his loved ones feel anger as quickly and strongly as they would if he was murdered?
    Would the 7 stages of grief even apply to an arson victim?

Cadillacjerk, Thanks, and you have made good points as well. My main purpose in posting was to provoke people into looking at this from different angles and with an open mind. A learning experience for those willing. Myself included.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Naw.It was Romney. After his "social safety net" blunder, he went into a deep depression, went on a 3 day binge of twinkies, JW black label & "Father Knows Best" re-runs. Overcome by waves of nostalgia (and nausea), he stole the stude and went for a cruise. Once he sobered up enough to realize what he'd done, he torched the stude to hide any traces of DNA before they could be discovered by CSI Red Deer, and cause a major international incident. Thats my theory anyway...