Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel gage placement??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by its_a_nick, Apr 24, 2012.

1. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

Im in the progress of getting rid of my red plastic fuel lines, and thought of putting the fuel gage between the carbs. Will the gage still show the right pressure, or am i having some bad luck thinking?? :)

Attached Files:

2. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

Not an expert but i would think having the gauge before the 1st carb would give you a truer reading. anybody else thinkin it may read slightly lower due to having 2 floatbowls to fill?....

3. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

4. Terry O

Terry O

Your having good luck thinking. It will read the same.

Terry

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

We could go into a complicated explainations of fuel line size and flow and steping down the lines to each carb as it flows. Bottom line, it will be fine.

6. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

care to elaborate?.....

7. Caballo,
    On a multi carb setup the reading is going to be nominal where ever you put it once it gets to the carbs. They say that you should have your regulator as close to the needle as possible but that kind of goes out the door when you run 3 carbs unless you can find a regulator with 3 ports.

Anyway the gauge is measuring the pressure in the line it may drop when a needle opens but not enough for you to see it so any where you put it in the carb group is going to be basically the same.

I normally put mine on the regulator but I also try and get my regulator close to the primary carb.

8. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

Thanks pork. That guys response just seemed unreasonably snarky for a simple question. I merely asked because my "thinking" was based on a rudimentary knowledge of hydrodynamics. I.E. higher volume = lower pressure and vice versa...