Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Flat FED build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by roseville carl, Jan 14, 2010.

1. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Testing new wheelie bar design? or just cleaning under the car, With Carl Who knows

2. ac duster

ac duster

will be cool ride good luck

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Thanks Carl. I knew you could do it. :D

4. I don't think you are the only one on the " lunatic fringe" Tom.........

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

It does get crowded out here sometimes.:D

6. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Carl, that what WE is calling a FLAT ATTACK:D!

Br
    Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

7. Update ..... well it runs again and just in time for Eagle Field, maybe not on Alky yet but who knows I still have 17 days left..........

8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

How are those carbs coming anyways?:D Stuff is coming together for the 'Field and looking forward to it!

9. So hey Carl - was wondering:

If this the old block with block filler? Or is this a new block? Was just curious what "it" is now! :rolleyes:

10. Good to hear you got it ready for Eagle! Sorry I can't make it this time but we will find some time to race in the future. I think I have Elwood sorted out now.

11. Roc... Had a very very good lesson on the carbs from a friend will update you when I see ya,

Dale .. it is the old block filled, have two more blocks to prepare for the 304 internals.....

Tim.. time will come!!!

12. Well went to a local car show and this was on the Billboard couldn't resist...
    [​IMG]

Of course I can't resist those little guys with sparkles in their eyes and dreams of driving.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite views.....

[​IMG]

13. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Great pics Carl , good job on gettin the next generation of drag racers hooked, Tim

14. Vergil

Vergil

Great picts Carl, I see you also let the young ones in the drivers seat ... makes memories for them ...

15. Yea Tim an Virg I always like to give the young uns a chance to sit in it. It is espically true when I see them walk by and their eyes light up at the sight of it, kinda makes my day. Their folks always appriciate it also, course I'm not one of those get offn my ride kinda guys. If they treat it with respect and most do, then I will give them some room.......

16. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Awesome! Glad it's back together for Eagle! Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

17. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Looking good Carl:)
    Good luck next weekend! Wish I could have been there!

Br
    Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

18. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Carl your FED is awesome! Your buddy Jack Davis came by the Diesel Shop today for some diag on his van, he told me to check you out. Good luck this weekend!

19. Thanks Erik,. yea Jack and I had a ball this weekend even though things didn't go as planned..........
    First we scattered the rear end on sat on our third run, so its back to the garage for some repairs, but the engine was way better than I hoped for out of the box, maybe thats why the rear is in pieces.........
    Then on the way home we had some troubles with the ICT and now will have to find out what that is all about, I think it has to do with the trip to the salt flats last year and the brakes hanging up which caused the truck to overheat about 10 miles from home..... so its back to the garage for some more repairs........
    Thats one thing about working with 70 year old machines makes the 67 year old fart go nuts sometimes................
    anyway here is the 2nd run........

20. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Looked good Carl. Sorry about the rear end. Wayno

21. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Very cool video Carl, let them come:)
    The Flathead sounds wicked:)
    Hope your jewelry was not hurt:D!?

Br
    Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

22. Vergil

Vergil

Sounds great Carl .... bummer on the rear end and the heating but can't keep from liking these flatheads ...

Vergil

23. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Oh yes I like.............

24. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Nice Run Carl , I'm sure a guy like you has the problems figured out already, Tim Jones

25. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Great video! Sorry to hear about the rear end. Old stuff is so much fun though!

26. Thanx guys

went into Barnes n Noble the other day and poof looking through Hot Rod Deluxe the Bumps n Brusies crew got a mention....... must be coming up in this world........... After doing this shit for fifty years wow twice in a year!

27. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Congrates Carl,:D Will you still talk to us nobodys:confused:

28. Watched the video a few times - sounds great! What type of rear did you have in it and what are you going to replace it with?

29. Its a 64 Olds with 4:11's and a set of Ansen Alu lockers, I haven't got it apart yet to see just what happened but will start on it when granddaughter leave's in a coupla weeks.

Its the rear that came with the car and did not have the lockers in I wanted to spool it but then would have to change the axles also as it uses stock 26 spline axles cut down. No telling what abuse the rear end had been put through to start with so I opted for the lockers now I may try to fill the carrier with aluminum to lock it, if its the lockers that went................. just trying to save some bucks and try something different......I also want to change gears to 3 somethings.

So its off I go, hell I wanted to try Dons idea of filling the carrier anyway and now is my chance to make a foundry and do some casting............. Humm have more ideas to cast stuff anyway!!!

P.S. thanks on the lead to Pete One he did a hell of a job on the cam and the engine is all I hoped for!!!