Register now to get rid of these ads!

History ANZAC Day 25 April 12.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DocWatson, Apr 24, 2012.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is now early evening on the day before what is both the most important day and the saddest day for Australia and New Zealand's Servicemen and Women.

On this day we commemorate all Australian and New Zealand's Servicemen that have been killed or wounded in conflict and remember they who fought alongside of them. In all conflict from the first landings at Gallipoli Cove to the 'Policing' actions we now face.
    We do this with Dawn Services, then a March for all returned servicemen and family, then, the pub to try and drink away the thoughts.

I sit here now making sure my suit is perfect, my boots are spit shined to perfection, my medals are straight and my Airborne Beret is ready to go. Some people look at us oddly for the hours we put into what we wear on ANZAC Day, from uniforms to civil attire it is just one of the ways we honour our mates. In memory of them I am going to look as good as I possibly can.

Pte Tim "Timi' Aplin,
    Pte Scot 'Scotty' Palmer,
    Pte Ben 'Benny' Chuck,
    Spr Jacob 'Morey' Moreland,
    Sgt Andy Russell,
    Sgt Mathew "Lockey' Locke.

Rest well my friends.

Paul 'Doc' Watson.
    ARA Ret, RAAMC.

2. graham_paige

graham_paige
    from Australia

From another aussie, thank you to all those that have served.

I usually assist as a driver for those that can no longer make the full distance, at the Melbourne march, but lack of brakes has forced me to take a pass this year (blew the master cylinder, still havent bleed the system, need assitant to bleed)

Though both my kids marched (as part of the scouts) on Sunday for the local march, they held it early, so the diggers could do the local march and the city march as well.

3. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

May they all rest in peace.

4. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lest we forget.

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I'll be there for the dawn service, I never miss it.

6. truck

truck
    from Brisbane

Lest we forget.

7. Thanks for kickin this off again Doc, and thanks to those who defend our way of life.

8. fleet-master

fleet-master

I'm not pleased to say ,but it wasn't until I moved to this small rural village in my early 30s that I really took stock of the tremendous cost to both families and the wider district of the loss of young lives in conflict.
    The names called out of the fallen ,were part of a very close knit community going back quite a few generations, and I hope many more generations will continue to remember them.
    To all who served and continue to do so, Thank You.From Myself and my family.

ps Doc...keep it up...sounds like you are doing your mates proud ! :)

9. Shedrat29

Shedrat29

My Dad, G V McLeod 13825 20th Battalion 2nd NZEF, WW2, POW, Mentioned in Despatches, left us in 1997, still my hero. Love you Dad.

10. Yes rest in peace all the hero's from Oz and NZ who selflessly gave their lives so we could live in freedom. Just read the list of names on the memorial in town here the other day and it was extremily moving to see the number of young men from such a tiny town who lost their lives, sometimes multiple members from one family.

Go the BREAKERS!!!!!

11. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

There is no greater sacrifice, Lest we forget.

12. jdownunder

jdownunder

I always think of my grandfather reg who fought in papua new guinea.
    lol and his lead foot in that bloody 55 customline.
    To the lost.

13. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

[​IMG]

RIP
    VX14728

14. Thanks Doc.

Lest We Forget

15. Thanks Doc , and thanks to those who made the ultimate sacrifice for Country
    and Countrymen .

" Lest we forget "

16. woodbox

woodbox

Thanks Doc. I am looking forward to the dawn parade. I am too often going to work or coming home in recent years. But this time I am off, so will be there.

17. Well posted Doc. Cheers.

"Lest We Forget"

18. mrdodge

mrdodge

Thanks Doc , firstly for posting this reminder, and more importantly, for your service and for all those others, both those who returned and those who didn't.

"Lest we forget"

JR

19. Original57

Original57

Couldn't have said it better myself.

LEST WE FORGET

20. rattlesnakehoey

rattlesnakehoey
    from Australia

Thanks to all past & present who sacrificed all for our country.

21. mow too much

mow too much

A heart felt thanks to all Aussie, those who served past and present and especially those who paid the ultimate price.
    Thank you for being one of our strongest allies.

22. Deu55

Deu55

We will remember them....thank you to all who have served...Uncle Lenny who fought in P.N.G.....

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

23. Ill be there early tomorrow morning.

LEST WE FORGET

Rat

24. davo461

davo461

Could be a cold, wet service tomorrow; who cares?
    Thanks to our servicemen and women we are able to attend the service, no matter what weather.
    LEST WE FORGET.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you all for replying, I am quite humbled! Thank you all who attended Dawn Services this morning and for those of you who will be there to march or be there in support.
    And of course we can not forget our Allies who served with us, again thank you all.

Doc.

26. hudson48

hudson48

Thanks Doc and to all those who served.

27. yblock32

yblock32
    from Australia
    1. Cranksters

Lest we forget

28. Ruggie

Ruggie

Thank you to all who gave what they had so we can have the great lives we have today.Lest we forget.

29. PJKeally

PJKeally

Just returned from Dawn Service here in Willuara ,Held at local War Memorial where 20 Brave people attended in Brisk cool Weather.I placed a small bunch of fresh flowers from My garden in Memory to Family and Freinds who fought in each War.We then proceeded to Local Hall where local Lions club provided Gun Fire Breakfast { Baked beans,Bacon,Eggs, Sausages, Tea/ Coffee .} and good old Aussie Chat session.Cheers Rebel Koolsville:cool::cool::cool::cool:. Down under.

30. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012