Register now to get rid of these ads!

an "oh F...!" moment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paulatxntric, Apr 24, 2012.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'll bet I could come up with alot worse cuss words than that...:eek:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. How much damage to the car?

3. Tony

Tony

I had the garage door opener chain break years ago and whip the trunk lid of my 57 Belair..Put paint chips the shape of the chain from the right rear fin to the back window..
    Although NOT as bad as what you had happen, i feel your pain.
    Sucks, but coulda been worse.

Tony

4. Hogman

Hogman
    from Dallas, TX

crap indeed. that sucks!

5. You guys have a lot different garage doors than what I am accustom to,,my doors are individual panels with hinges between the panels.

I'll bet they are pretty heavy,,it sucks but it can be fixed. HRP

6. Willy301

Willy301

Wow, I am glad noone got hurt in it, and I hope you can repair the car back to what it was.

7. not too bad from what I can see....paint and boot stay......can't check any more as its too dark..but the trunk lid could be creased....well it could be worse and no one got hurt!

8. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

"Oh,...^$%&*()_(*&^%&*()*&%^$*&()+_)(*&^% !!!!!!!" is what I'd be saying,...... I hope it was easily repaired,....Sucks, when **** like that happens,......

4TTRUK

9. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

putting it nicely i think....

10. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I knew a guy years ago who had an accident with the garage door and ended up with a little tiny Michael Jackson nose after it was all said and done. he got hit in the face by the spring.

your damage doensn't look too bad.

12. Deuces

Deuces

13. rld14

rld14

Not really Danny, that's just a traditional garage door!

That sucks tho, I've got a phrase for times like this... "Holy fucking fuck-fucks.". Hope you get your car sorted out, sorry to see that this happened :(

14. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

That sucks balls!!

15. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Wow, that sucks.

Years ago I had a #s matching very nice 70 Chevelle SS..
    I was going for a ride and got in, as I was backing out of garage...
    the door came down and creased both rear quarters just below rear window...

I had sat on the door opener...:(

16. Deuces

Deuces

It's ok to say "shit" on here....;)

17. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

Don't worry, i got revenge for you on that style door. Helpin my parents 'round their place last weekend and managed to LUNGE the lawnmower through theirs. :) Reverse wasn't where they said it was... :O

18. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got one of those one piece doors on my garage that is probably as old as I am. It's in just about as bad of shape as I am too:eek:

The rollers like to jump off the track when those doors get old along with the rivets coming loose from the brackets.

Hope the car didn't get much damage.

My wife went out in the garage to get something one day and the door closed on her and she couldn't get it open from the inside. The dog was looking at her through the side window of the garage but he wouldn't go to the house and get my daughter to get her out.

20. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

A fellow I know pushed the button to open the garage door, waited a sec and then backed out......only thing is, the door didn't open....and he ran into the door, and bent out a couple of panels. Don't ask how, I dunno, :confused: I wasn't there, I was just told about it, and then I drove by and saw the panels. Lucky enough, it was his work truck, not a hot rod.

Brian

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I won't say what my sister's cat looked like after she hit the garage door closer backing out of the garage and didn't look back when she went up the street. He was laying on top of the door.

22. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

That's a bummer.

Just today I was helping a friend work on his 40 Ford and he said get in and see if it will start. I did,,,it did,,,HE left it in reverse and it went into the closed garage door! Luckly the car was only 1 foot away from the door and it didn't do any damage to the car. I stabed at the brakes at least 4 times before I found them but it was too late! What a day!

23. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

What do you mean "no one got hurt"...It hurts me just lookin' at it!

24. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

When I was real young I got a little "barn" cat from my grandmother and drug it home 8 hrs away. The thing wasn't off the tit yet so I bottle fed it for weeks and it was starting to grow. One day Pops went to leave the garage and shut the door. BAM Lil'Opel (the cat) wasn't quick enough and got it's head caught under the door. Pops ran out to his car, grabbed his keys, and unlocked the door but it was too late. Lil Opel didn't make it. Sometimes, when I am alone, I still cry when I have to shut the garage door.......

25. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Catastrophie!!!!!

26. man that blows,im pretty sure i would throw a huge fit and that door would be laying in the street

27. to calm down I beat on some metal and made a repair panel for the wifes Topolino...

it's bummer but shit happens, a bit of chipped paint is an easy fix, the boot stay can be straightened out till I buy a new one..and it looks as if the trunk lid isnt damaged too bad....the door snapped off at a joint and the guide wheel dropped out of the runner..thunk on the the car...at least the doors fixed now!!

28. No SHIT ?

29. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I had a friend who painted his car and forgot to mix in the hardener. The red paint just stayed sticky then his cat jumped up on the hood and took a nap. When it got up it left a bunch of cat hair stuck to the hood allong with the kitty foot prints.
    The guy got upset and the keep the cat from doing more damage he tossed a blanket over the car. That stuck too. He ripped the blanket off the car and stripped the paint and started over this time making sure to use hardener. The paint job was a success. the next night he opened the garage door to show us the paint and the garage door fell on the car....in pieces...dented lots of parts....Bet you were wondering when I was going to get the garage door part.