Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My WIFES new project.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shtterbug8, Jan 22, 2012.

1. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

drove the truck today...my boy's 3rd birthday. im behind the drivers seat. hes in the middle and wife on the passanger seat. he couldnt stop laughing and hollering. drove around the yard.

plans are to reinforce the frame rails tomorrow where i cut it inhalf to shrink it and then install the running boards. ive found out ive gotta rebuild the carb also. gaskets are old and leaking a little. so im going ahead and rebuilding it to make it safe. very happy with my progress

2. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

half the day today i took a much needed rest. the other half though.....work on the truck! ofcourse. running boards bolted on. rear fenders finally bolted on. for a long time they were just tacked welded on. they are finally bolted on though. took tons of pictures for the fellow hambers.

the running boards makes the truck look so much lower. i love it. also made a video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

4. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zvU0cwVOLY4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. That's awesome - gives me hope that I may get there someday, too. Thanks for all the pictures & vid. :)

6. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

did a little sanding on the dash. 180 grit this time. trying to feel out what needs to be done next. have a few pits im going to use spot putty.

also was able to pick up some FREE wood from my work. the wood is called apitone. they told me the stuff never rots. comes from brazil or something like that. had a hard time getting the scraps. they told me its very expensive to buy. regardless ive got exotic wood for my sweeties truck.

in the pic of the wood bed im was trying to lay it all out to see how it would look and fit. once i get some metal strips to go down the bed i can use them to cheat the board widths a little. also im going to stagger the boards to give a more appealing look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Ratrod54

Ratrod54
    from Frisco, tx

Nice work! Man, your not even three months into this and you've made more progress than a lot of the projects on this site, including myself. Seems like the truck fits real well on that late model frame too. btw, I'm kind of jealous... I cant do donuts in my front yard! Great job, i'm interested in in your progress.

8. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

hhahahah yea im kinda lucky on the donuts. i live out in the country and own 5 acres. my front yard is about 1.5 acres. i closest neighbor is about 3 acres away from me. i love the country. i dont see how some hambers live in the city and are ABLE to work on their cars with the city observing everything they are doing at every moment.

9. Ratrod54

Ratrod54
    from Frisco, tx

That is definitely my problem. I have limited room around here plus the neighbors can get a little pissy at times. I love the country and hope soon ill be able to relocate to 40+ acres. I need room to do donuts and for a shooting range... haha when one cant fix... one destroys!

10. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

i have a mini range in my backyard! lol about 100 yards right now....i can go 300yard just dont have it marked out yet.:D

11. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

after working on the truck half the day ive gotten alot done.

bed boards are fastened down. now i need the metal strips to cover my seams.

ive got alot done on the floor pans along with getting the shifter bolted in. ive glued down some rubber matting to help cushin the carpet and in hopes to get rid of some road noise. i got this rubber dot stuff for free and right now looks better than bare floors. ive got the carpet but waiting til all the glass is installed to put it into the truck

worked on the rear and front fenders and able to sling a little bondo! it looks bad but its nothing major like in that bondo thread ive seen on here...jeeZ.
    my wife stated the following...
    lol it took a little bit of talking to her but she now understands....i think.

after all that being said i loaded up the wife and our son and took the truck down the road about 1mile and turned around and came back home. i live in the country and little traffic.

srry no video this time guys. just wanted to have some fun.

but here is the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. tjmercury

tjmercury

Looks like it's coming together really nice! I may have missed it in the thread, but have you/her picked out any colors yet?

13. rdemilt

rdemilt
    from so florida

Man - you have come a long way in just a short time, I look forward to watching as you get things finished. what is the plan for paint ? I was just reading the thread on brush painting, There are some pretty nice paint jobs out there applied by brush and roller, check it out.

14. HEAVY100

HEAVY100

great progress .............

15. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

plan on painting it GLOSS BLACK. i might be a little crazy painting it this color but that is the WIFES decision. she also wants magenta pinstriping and magenta other stuff to break up the black. wish me luck. gravity feed gun outside with no garage!

16. shadams

shadams

Damn dude!!! At first I was kinda doubting the set up but it is turning out bad ass. I am really jealous right now. I have had mine a year and pretty much working on it every weekend but you blew right past me in a few short months. I am impressed. Keep the pics coming....

17. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

Nice job bro....you work fast!

18. mace69

mace69
    from mass

Looks great man

19. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

omg...i cant believe this...i recently went to a kyana swap meet in louisville kentucky. looking for a Wood Bed Strip kit the cheapest plain steal one we could find was for $70. well....bored and taking a break from WORKING on the truck for a day i decided to look online at some websites at that same kit. what i found amazed me. i found the kit.....for $60.91 yes about $10 cheaper! and that is shipped fellas. i couldnt believe it either. swap meet prices are no longer what i always thought they were. :( very upset car guy.

on the bright side though:) i saved $10 to buy another part!!

painted the dash today. jambed around all the windows. glass should be installed some time next week. then ELECTRONICS are next. fun fun

20. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

made tons of progress today. wife and I sanded our butts off. still gots tons to do but here is the results for now.....:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Looks good, only going to get better too from the looks! :)

22. coupeguy2001

coupeguy2001
    from Phoenix

go to transmissionhead.com They have a vss/ speedo drive that will fit right in that trans, yea it's $96 bux, but when you put the throttle body injection on it for gas mileage, the Vss will already be there.

23. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

ive got the transmission figured out. thanks.

btw for those wondering.....the dash is DONE. the rest of the body that is pictured is just one coat of black. i still have to go back over the entire body with fine tooth comb. fix the few dents i missed and proceed with finer grit paper

24. sir_ely

sir_ely

Looking good....way to go!

25. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

got the bed strips in today! layed them in the bed and took a pic for youall. whatcha think? better now eh? just gotta sanded and clear that wood.

[​IMG]

26. shadams

shadams

Looks good to me! No angle strips for the bedsides? Will look really nice when it is cleared over..

27. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

nah....no side stripping. didnt see a real good reason for them. i might make some from scratch later if i change my mind

28. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

current status....disgusted. glass guy came over today. the rear three glass installed no problem. corner glass are og's and the center was replacement.

the front glass is all new also.....the problem is the crap was 2 big. glass guy told me he had to take it back to his shop so he can grind it down some so it will fit properly.....

cheap glass at swap meet = headaches later. :rolleyes: ohwell.

ATLEAST IM NOT THE ONE HAVING TO INSTALL IT. ahhahah. i might have to pay more though in the end.:( pictures later once the guy is done. man the truck looks bitchen

29. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

keep up the good work, post pix soon!

30. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

what a freakin let down....i cant get ahold of the glassman and he hasnt installed my front glass yet. im bummed out.