Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMB members younger than 30?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cakes, Dec 3, 2010.

1. I'm 28... Have a 1951 ford, it is my first car (had it since I was 15) and got it running and driveable by the time I was 18... been driving the hell out of it ever since! I also have a 1940 ford pick up im playing with...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

I'm 19 and don't know how to work on cars....but I did do all the paint and body work on this 53 for my dad (now he has to do suspension and interior) and I had a big part in building my model a but I can't take much credit because I had a lot of help. Also done more work on off topic cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. hotrodbill

hotrodbill

Well, I was under 30 when I joined the HAMB, I am a little over that now.

I would post pics of my "in progress" 46 Chevy, but at the risk of being called a douche building a rat....even though it's unfinished....I wont post pics.

4. onetruth1130

onetruth1130

26, i got me a 1950 chevy pickup. Lowered, 235ci, 4 speed on the floor, 68 nova rear, and soon installing dual carbs and headers. Id post pictures, but the hamb wont let me do it off my phone, unless im just dumb..great thread, and great shots guys!

5. 22 years old here, I dont have any hamb friendly cars just a late 70's 4 door and wagon, ugly but alteast they are fast ;) I do my own body work and paint, metal work and welding, engine building and tuning, I dont have a tire machine so I do bring my wheels in to get tires put on. lol

Just saving up a bit here and there for a 48-52 Ford F1, when I pick one up I want to restore it, but not in a show quality sort of way, just in a get rid of rust and make it look half decent sort of way. We need a truck, for hauling crap and I really like the look of those Fords.

6. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Nothing wrong with unfinished and a little rough...unless it has shit hanging all over it and bad/unsafe welds/etc...show us the pictures....
    As I have always contended, there is a very fine line between the "R" and a Jalopy, or painted etc..
    Cheers....
    Oh, and some really great stuff on this post !! :)
    Cheers.....

7. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I have to agree fully, and this comes up a lot in other threads, a lot of us feel that a "Rat" (the bad kind) is an unsafe poorly built vehicle often with random crap welded to it, whereas a ratty looking, rusty or unfinished vehicle being built right (as in safe and correct methods) is a welcome thing.
    When I joined I was lectured about my 36 GMC because I figured it was a rat rod in HAMB eyes, but it doesn't qualify according to almost everyone I have ever talked to here.

Build it safe, build for you and enjoy the hell out of it! :D

8. deto

deto

<--- there is my ride and I'm 26.

9. mattmartin

mattmartin

im 27and i finished this truck last year that i built entirely myself.. im now doing a 51 dodge mild custom

Attached Files:

10. eheine20

eheine20
    from WI

Im 28. Started by doing the bodywork on my buddys 48 chevy truck.
    [​IMG]

Then moved to my 74 nova
    [​IMG]

Now my 47 chevy Coupe. (in the making)
    [​IMG]

11. Scott41chev

Scott41chev
    from England

Hey all, im 21 and I got myself this 41 chevy stepside a few months back. The plans are to get it clipped and possibly bagged within the next year or so and get her to a nice show standard, it'll take some time as finding parts for it here in the UK is a pain in the ass! :mad:

Ive also been racing a 74 plymouth duster just this year which is my bosses car, and hope to get my first 8 second pass in it soon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  12. Rich427

Rich427

I'm 22.
    Bought this one (OT) right out of high school. 1966 Dodge Polara. Was looking for a 58-64 Full size chevy but there were none to be found locally at the time and I came across this and had to have it. Its 1966 Dodge Polara with a 383. I've done a ton of work to it and it's almost where I want it to be.
    [​IMG]

But then in december of 2011 I found my real "Dream" car. Didnt need a ton of body work but I did all that it needed and I just painted it in it's original color, about a month ago. It's a 62 Bel Air 4dr Sedan and I absolutely love it. Having a ton of fun with it.
    [​IMG]

13. speters

speters

27 lots of cars in my sig

14. dragrcr890

dragrcr890
    from salem, wi

I'm 29, well for another month or two. Just bought my first rat. 1949 chevy truck rough shape but i can dream... so its all good. oh and a newbie first post!!

15. hippy killer

hippy killer

maybe you should go read the RULES

16. tylerbrasher

tylerbrasher

22. Haven't built a car yet but am looking. Built the bike in my avatar.

17. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

will be 23 in mid july iv owned many cars from 68 gto to 3 chevy vega's to a small block s10 blazer just got rid of a 23 model T roadster Pickup now im on this jewel 53 chevy 150...no im not rich build one car get tired i trade it or sell it and get a new one no help at all from anyone i run a little shop out my garage as well enjoy my pictures :)

Attached Files:

18. austinhunt

austinhunt

Im 23, and still a virgin.

I'm workin' on the first one. non-trad engine but it's what I can afford where I live.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  19. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

I'm 21
    This is my chev, soon to be a 2 door

Attached Files:

20. radgirl

radgirl

:rolleyes:Can I say........I wish?????

21. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I'm 28 and have a couple in the stable and a few waiting in the eaves.

My '38 Buick Coupe is a driver and is slowly heading toward a 1940s Taildragger vibe, hopefully it'll get there completely by next spring.

I'm building my '62 Chevy II wagon as a driver for my lady, it was a great cruiser 'till we decided to tear into it after blowing the engine on a road trip. It should be back on the road in a couple of weeks.

Then there's my '59 and my Dad's '58 Chevy trucks which'll probably get combined into one good truck when all is said and done...

22. I'm 17 and currently working on my first car, a 1954 Pontiac Pathfinder. :D

23. kiwi kid

kiwi kid

im 17 i have a 39 willys sedan with a rover v8 being built into a old style race[​IMG][​IMG] and a 48 austin a40 pick up witch will be a gasser and i have also helped dad with a few of his cars

24. im 20 and have a 28 model a pickup with a 365 caddy and twin 97s

[​IMG]

which is like this atm for a full rebuild
    [​IMG]

and also building a 30 a coupe on 32 rails with a 41 merc flathead and 40 ford running gear
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

25. Cooon

Cooon

Ye i am 24, still got my falcon wagon that i have had since 17 and my 51 Victoria since 21
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. 3 new zealand guys in a row huh

27. Cooon

Cooon

That time of night. And we are all a stones throw to each other pretty much kinda semi little bit.

28. quick swim up the river we'll be sorted

29. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

hey, some of you aren't under 30 anymore. hows it feel to be old?

30. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

About the same as it did when I was under 30. :rolleyes: