Register now to get rid of these ads!

Touring car build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kardude67, Apr 20, 2012.

1. kardude67

kardude67
    from Topeka, Ks

Here is my latest creation.I actually have two early Dodge Bros touring cars that I am "re-purposing". The one in the background is getting a 330 Desoto.

Attached Files:

2. Wow, looking good. Now how about that, I,m on the other side of the world and have exactly the same front Teraplane axle for my 1915 Dodge pheaton project.
    Looking closer there is a slight difference with your axle to mine.

Attached Files:

3. Rusty Karz

Rusty Karz

Looks good. I have always wondered why we don't see more of these done.

4. tjm73

tjm73

I don't believe many survived.

Neat pair of cars. I have a big soft spot for touring bodies of any mfg. I like the Dodge cowl.

If I could find a clean '26-'27 Ford T touring body...... :cool:

5. Phinney

Phinney

I love this, my three little girls want to help build something like this-looks great!

6. kardude67

kardude67
    from Topeka, Ks

My Axles are from '57 Dodge pickups.

7. kardude67

kardude67
    from Topeka, Ks

This is kinda what got this started. A guy came to me and said that he wanted me to build him a touring car so he could take his grandkids to get ice cream. I went ahead and got two of them because you just don't see many of them, and I wanted one for myself. It's really turning out to be a fun project that everyone loves.

8. kardude67

kardude67
    from Topeka, Ks

Here are some pics of the steering/master cylinder mount under the dash. I usually mount them both on the same bracket with the M/C on the left of the Mopar steering gear. The small cowl on this car forced me to design a jackshaft to move the M/C towards the center of the firewall. These challenges are what make this stuff fun.
    This is the last major fabrication hurdle on this build. I'll fab up a rear seat back, a driveshaft and trans tunnel, and some floor panels and it's ready for plumbing and wiring. I could be test driving in a couple of weeks, but I am tempted to go race our ASCS sprint car in Texas next weekend. Seems I'm either putting them together or tearing **** up.

Attached Files:

9. kardude67

kardude67
    from Topeka, Ks

More pics

Attached Files: