Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cordova Nylon Supreme tires question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billj, Apr 21, 2012.

1. billj

billj

My brother bought this nice old house and in the basement of the garage a set of 4 Cordova low profile jet tires was found along with 2 winter tires.
    They are 8.00/2.22-15 4 ply tubeless also stating nylon supreme quality on the walls of the tires.
    They look like they were never used (not the winter ones though) and look excellent, no checking or cracking or anything visual that looks bad at least.

I was thinking of putting these on my 54 F100 when I get it going but hope to get some thoughts on these. Think they are still safe, would I be better off selling these to someone who would like original period correct tires. I think these are pretty old but maybe someone could enlighten me about this tire. I did a search with no matches. I tried to post pics but it says a security token was missing?

Thanks, Bill

2. billj

billj

I see Cordova still makes tires but my brother bought this house from a very old lady whose husband died many years ago so I know these have been down there quite a while.

Think these 4 ply tires would ride OK?

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Tires lose half their strength after 5 years. Then they recommend you replace them.

Those tires must be at least 30 years old. They might be OK for display or for a museum car that will not be driven on the road but I would not trust them for regular use.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  4. billj

billj

I figured they were even older than that. I guess looks are deceiving even though they look excellent. I realize over time everything breaks down.
    Maybe someone would want these for a museum car.

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I have a set of cool tires just as old. Was thinking of putting them on a spare set of rims and using them for show only. Drive to a show with the tires in the trunk and change them at the show. I have a feeling I would get sick of changing all those tires pretty quick though.