Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks A lot

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Fatman23, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Fatman23

Fatman23

I just want to say thanks a lot! Because of this site I have bought a 1952 GMC truck that looked good until I started to take it apart to re-build it. The frame has 3 cracks that where held together by the cab mount, the body is in not too bad of shape for the year of the truck and the Canadian winters. So now I am looking to build a new frame so any help I can get would be much appreciated.
    This site is awesome and I hope that one day I too can help someone else out!!!!

2. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Howdy from Spokane and welcome. By any chance did you buy your pickup from a seller here on the H.A.M.B.? Hopefully the truck was not misrepresented. Sorry to hear of your plight, good luck with the new frame and lots of help is available here.

3. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

4. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Welcome from Texas! Wait till you find all the bondo! Just kidding... hopefully.

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

6. Fatman23

Fatman23

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. The truck was bought from a local guy, and he wasn't too sure on it's condition. It was in a foot of snow and it was -30c when I picked it up. I hope it will be lots of fun to fix, with all the help on this site it shouldn't be to hard to find some help!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

7. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

8. there are tons of people doing S10 frame swaps. Dont be like them, but take advantage of their choice and pick up a frame on the cheap. You may have to come down into the states and getting it back could be an issue but you should be able to find one

9. Greetings from central Iowa!