Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Giant speedster project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yonahrr, Apr 25, 2010.

1. falconvan

falconvan
    from festus, Mo

This thing is really cool, Jerry. I have a feeling you could net a pretty sizeable profit off of this when it's done. This is something that would have Leno knocking at your door to add to his collection.

2. Yes.

If they are prepared right, it's not a bad meal to a poor hungry working family.

I love this place and Jerry that is one cool ride you have put together my friend... looks like it would be a hoot to drive!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  3. nexxussian

nexxussian

Adjustable too. :)

4. ccbb

ccbb

Hi Jerry - Chitty pipes.... the car had dummy pipes coming out of the hood. So you just slide them in and bolt in place. The real exhaust goes under the car. The other working option is the have a flange to flange or clamp to fit the two together just inside the hood. Lineup needs to be spot on.

5. yonahrr

yonahrr

Hey, my exhaust ports look like Chitty's--cool!

Had to watch kids most of the day, but I got out late and riveted on the brace. Then I center punched about twenty holes on the other side of the hood and proceeded to dril them until the battery in the drill died. I'm thinking about using two of the bezels I created for the exhaust to frame an oblong hole on the other hood side so you can read the Seagrave Special on the manifold. Whaddya think?

Jerry

Attached Files:

6. great add mesh so its kinda peeka boo

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  7. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Reading Seagrave Special is a noble & worthy goal.

8. Go go go go go go !

9. yonahrr

yonahrr

Reading the Wizard Constable is also a noble and worthy goal!

Jerry

10. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I couldn't agree more. What fine taste we both have in reading material!

I like to read fancy exhaust manifolds too. So spiff up that one so your admiring public can view it.

11. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

p.s. for a limited time I'll email a free e-pub file of my Wizard Constable book to any readers of this thread who PM me their email address. Check the http://www.wizardconstable.com website for sample chapters 1-8 to see if you like it.

Now back to our usual speedster building and squirrel recipe thread.

12. Im dieing for an update here!

13. yonahrr

yonahrr

Hey, me too! I'm going crazy getting buildings ready for tenants. Now I've got to move the speedster out of it's present home and back into my little shop. John at Phoenix Machine is expanding and needs that space. That's a very good thing but more work for me. Things should settle down by the end if the month.

Jerry

14. at least some dead squirrel pics to keep us talkin...

15. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Even slightly wounded squirrel pictures would do.:D

16. Ask and ye shall receive- looks like this little guy had bad timing...

[​IMG]

17. yonahrr

yonahrr

Back to the real shop

John at Phoenix Machine has rented my building with the paint booth so today I moved the speedster back to my little shop. This is a good thing because I was constantly running back and forth to my shop to get some tool or other bit. Now I should be able to get more done. I still have to finish a 1600SF suspended ceiling, move an existing electrical service, get the brick front of a building cleaned of old latex and build three metal awnings before the first of the month. After that I can work on the speedster on a more regular basis. Come help if you've got nothing to do. :)

Jerry

Attached Files:

18. budd

budd

your car is looking great

19. geez cmon staging a build pic ... park a few feet away from the roll back ... shhhhese"O

20. yonahrr

yonahrr

I know, it's cheesy! Hey, get over here and give me a hand. :) Okay. Sunday! Sunday is the day! I'm finishing the whole car on Sunday! Metalwork, upholstery, paint--everything. Yeah, that's how it's going to be. Just wait.

Jerry

21. Man, those Minnesotans complain about EVERYTHING, yeah doncha know :)

22. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Noticed you didn't say which Sunday.:D

23. Jagman

Jagman

Crikey's that thing is huge!

You don't get the same perspective on the shots taken in the shop...gonna be fun when it's done!

How long is that hood, 10 - 12ft? :D

24. Takin me serious again just stop it...

25. was it last sunday ?

26. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Next Sunday. Always next Sunday.

27. yonahrr

yonahrr

It's finished!!

Well, all except for the hood sides and paint and the wooden deck and upholstery and...
    I thought I could work faster but I guess I can't. I wrapped a pipe again to see what it looked like with the new hood side. What do ya think? Moving on: To fit the hood sides properly I need to fasten down the hood shelves. On most cars these are held down with carriage bolts but because the Seagrave frame is made of channel with the open part covered by the frame covers I have to drill and tap the frame for the bolts. Also, I didn't want to use hex bolts so I ordered something called truss head bolts. I think they use them on bathroom stalls so people won't dismantle the stall. One side down, one to go.

Jerry

Attached Files:

28. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

I vote against the pipe wrap. It looks like you are hiding something and the wrap itself is too modern-looking. You have expended a lot of effort making it look perfect and custom and vintage. IMHO it would be a step back to wrap the pipes. Might as well leave a 'Walker Muffler' bar code label on the exhaust system somewhere.

29. yonahrr

yonahrr

30. You just need a huge well equipped shop, a team of fabricators and some crystal meth and you could work that fast too! :D