Register now to get rid of these ads!

What should I do with this???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brajaboy, Apr 19, 2012.

1. brajaboy

brajaboy

I know if the colors were the other way around I would leave it and do nothing to it other than clean and buff... they are just a weird combination that could work but...they need something.. Come on there had got to be a "watson" expert out there to gimme some simple ideas!

that "Buell" is cool but this his first concept was better.. IMO..
    http://www.bikeexif.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/buell-racing.jpg
    you ever riden one? fantastic bikes.. if it hadn´t been for the desire to take up surfing and to have a wagon again, I would not have let it go and gone with that cafe racer look for it. There was nothing wrong with it at all. and I only bought a back tire for it. rode it almost everyday and loved it.

2. I could put it on in paint, but ask me to do a computer sketch of it, nu-uh... Watson panels would look OK, but some nice long ribbon scallops would be even better in my opinion, not the big obtrusive scallops you normally think of ..Watson used these too for a number of years, very Bellflower era paint..

3. I have owned a 96 S-2, a 98 S-1WL, A Cyclone and had an original 1989 RSS1200 in my possession for a while. So Yeah I'm pretty familiar with them. Wouldn't mind another Tube frame Beull someday, but having too much fun with my XR1200 right now.

4. 3spd

3spd

Here is panel job; probably not your cup of tea but it was fun to draw.

[​IMG]

Ryland

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. brajaboy

brajaboy

It was my first and I also loved it. great bikes to ride. not the best of styling IMO but fantastic to ride. mine also was not so great stock on the highway speed wise would be at like 80 just under 4000 rpm with a redline of 6k. so not the greatest. But if changed a sprocket it would be better i am sure.

QUOTE=Here is panel job; probably not your cup of tea but it was fun to draw. /QUOTE

but that is where you are wrong it is my cup of tea. I dont think i like the colors together but i do like where you are headed. best one yet! Its not something I personally could mask and spray in one day though. But its a great start and the best idea someone has come up with so far!

here is one I just found in my local craigslist when looking for parts.. This is what I am talking about! This is a 55. Obviously this is more than I want to get into but something with an outline like this is what I am after!

[​IMG]

6. 3spd

3spd

What colors do you want? I could do a red and white one like the one picture. Or any other color combo you want.

Ryland

7. 3spd

3spd

[​IMG]

Better?

Ryland

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Clean it up, change wheels/tires of your choice, and drive it...
    It is way cool.....
    JMHO, but you did ask!
    Cheers......

9. brajaboy

brajaboy

I like what you do but thats basically painting the whole car. which is why I am interested in just striping it. Something simple. like I said i have seen some scallops that I like but not many but outlining the panels in a different way.. thats what I am looking for.. simple outlines.. and I think the red goes the best with the colors that are on the car already..