Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lone Star Round Up 2012 as a First-Timer.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasSpeed, Apr 16, 2012.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks guys! I'm already planning for next year's LSRU.. April 5-7th.

Mark your calendars and start saving.

iPhone - TJJ app

2. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Wow after seeing this and everyone else's coverage pic's I feel that this might be the best show in the nation! Next year I'll be there..

3. Koz

Koz

Man! Thanks for the great pics. I hope we're still on for next year. I can't wait to hit the road for Texas. Great coverage on the show!

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Killer coverage!

I was checking my phone over the weekend for updates from you and Chris.

thanks!

5. Elrod

Elrod

What tha?!?! How did I miss this thread until now?!?! Awesome coverage. I missed a lot! My brain was so fried after all the late nights though that I mostly just wondered around like a lost dog and talked to people.

Thanks for posting all these great photos! I'll send you my carpal tunnel treatment bills after doing all the "right click" + "save" motions I'll be doing on this thread! haha!

It was great meeting you. I thought it was fun typing rather than yelling (as was mentioned earlier) Your phone has a different feel than mine though. I couldn't get the swing of it, and then I realized I had my own phone. I'm slow some(most) times. I admire you for going up to so many people and introducing yourself. Most people with hearing

A. don't go out on a limb and meet new people the way you did
    B. don't have two way dialogue and just talk about themselves anyway, so they might as well be deaf.

Look forward to hanging out again! Thanks for the great coverage!

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Haha. Yeah, I really don't care about my deafness when it comes to meeting new people. If they freak out or something, then they're missing out.

I met a bunch of new people over the weekend and most of them were all very welcoming so it was refreshing. My iPhone's still the old 3GS. I haven't upgraded to any of the new versions so that's probably why it has a different feel. Haha.

Thanks again, Elrod.

iPhone - TJJ app

7. Silverado85

Silverado85

This could fill the Palo Duro canyon with all the LSRU Photos. Great thread. Thanks a million.

8. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

I doubted my car club member black240's view on the carshow since he mentioned "ratrods" but heck looks like quality compared to junk rat rods. I'll probably skip the baytown finestrides carshow next year to attend this one.

9. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

you sold me on the show with your coverage of this show to make me go attend next year. I'll definately be there.

10. Garrettero

Garrettero
    from Mesa, AZ

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

There are plenty of rat rods at the LSRU. Street rodders too. But I simply chose to ignore those and focus on the true traditional rides there. There were more street rodders than anything else just like the NSRA, however, there are many more traditional hot rods and customs in this show than at any other NSRA event. Another thing I admired was there was a little area that they only let some of the best rides on like Mark Ford's Model A coupe, the Rolling Bones 3 window, Cory's deuce roadster, Boerne's wagon and truck, a bunch of customs and such.

For what it was, I wouldn't go to any other show than the LSRU. It was simply the best car show I'd been to ever. I can only imagine that the Revolution will surpass it with the quality control.

12. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

i also ignore those but thanks for the pics and info. looks like i have to take some $ with me since i see a lot of t-shirts being sold there which i collect.

13. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

It's been said quite a bit, but thank you for the great coverage! Spectacular photos.

14. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Matt!!! Most excellant coverage sir!!! It was one of my friends in the Blue '53... She was texting me that she had help, one of the guys (Black Travel All) cricled bact to check on things. She and her boy friend ended up in a rental car... They made the show and had a great time. Since, she has her '53 back home and has located a local shop to get her all fixed up. I can't thank you enough for being there to lend a hand.

Jay

15. LowerthanLife

LowerthanLife

16. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks guys!

No problem at all! Good to hear they made the show and had a good time..

17. You might also want to look into the ZAGG Sparq
    http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggsparq.php

They say it can charge an iPhone up to 4 times. And is small enough to carry around. I normally use it on cross atlantic flights.

Nice pics btw. Thanks for sharing.

18. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I looked at the Mophie and now this.. I'm liking this one very much. 4 times as much battery as a iPhone would have? Oh yes. :cool:

19. EL SOLDADO

EL SOLDADO

Cool pics man, thanks for sharing!!!

20. Real nice pics of the trip and Show!!!

21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man, what a great thread... and awesome coverage/photos of the LSRU.

Thanks, Matt!

Malcolm

22. Great coverage thanks for taking the time to post. I will definitley have to get back down there next year looks like a great selection of cars this year.

23. razorback

razorback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Sweden

W O W!! This is what I call an exceptionell coverage!! Thanks for taking time and post all great photos!

24. Besty34

Besty34

Thanks for sharing - great pictures

25. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks everyone. I'm far from a professional photographer.. I experiment occasionally.. But it's nice to know that you guys dig them. :)

26. HOOLIGAN350

HOOLIGAN350

Thanks for posting, especially since this year pics was the only way to make Lonestar!

27. Thanks for taking the time to get all those photos downloaded, resized and uploaded for those of us that didn't make it this year. The LSRU is by far the show I look forward to going to the most!

Dennis

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Honestly, artsy shots seem to have come to dominate event-coverage threads on the HAMB. Most of them quite good, but if you couldn't make the show, a well-composed, clear overall shot of the subject is what you're hoping to see. Your style suits it to a T.

Thanks again for it.

29. hershambob

hershambob

thank you for posting

30. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks man. I like artsy shots but I save those for the "outtakes." I definitely relate with hoping to see a clear shot of the whole car in the other threads when they're from shows that are far away. Now I know why so many people like my thread..

And what to do at the next shows.

iPhone - TJJ app