Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deuce Roadsrer FIRE ... Grundy Insurance update.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:D

When I placed my two all steel 32 Fords with Grundy for insurance, I thought they must have a old car, specialty, Hot Rod familar appraiser. I was WRONG !!

When my 32 roadster burnt, I called Grundy the next day to report the fire. They said they would have a appraiser call me. 3 days later a local appraiser called and set up a appointment 2 days later. When he arrived, he had not a clue about old cars. He was used to late model stuff by the book.

He was LOST ... but willing to listen and learn. He did not know any shops that did that type of work. So I had to get quotes from my body man, upholstery man and labor estimates on remove old engine, install new engine and so fort. I had to get written quotes on ALL the parts. I even had the hoses, hose clamps, gaskets and all.

A package was presented to the adjuster and he looked it over. Three days later he said everything was reasonable and in order and would OK it to Grundy. 4 days later they called and said everything looked in order and the check would go out the next business day. He said if they something was found that had not been listed, or covered ... they would look at covering it also.

I got the check today !!

I am well satisfied with GRUNDY. My insurance preminums are due soon and I plan to stay with Grundy. They worked to make this bad experience as trouble free and pain less as they could. :D :D

I would recommend Grundy to anyone with a old car that meets their requirements.

Randy ............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great for you to post your results and looking forward to posts regarding the rebuild. Beautiful roadster by the way!

3. Sucks to see the damage to that beautiful hot rod but glad to hear there is an insurance company that treats its customers right. Glad things worked out for ya Randy. Jeff

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Thanks for the head up,.... So sorry to know of your bad luck......

5. bmc

bmc
    from Sacto.,Ca.

Good to hear since I have 3 cars with them. Thanks for the heads up.

6. thats painful to look at , thanks for the info as i have 3 cars with them also..

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Randy are you going to rebuild the engine? or is it just top end damage?

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Damn, I didn't know you had a fire Randy, what happened? and when? Glad Grundy did right by you.
    Dave

9. Randy,man I am so happy for you that Grundy came through as they advertise,,I know you had to basically do the adjusters job for him.

Congratulations,now you can get started with all the repairs with the knowledge that you won't have to dig deep in your own pockets. HRP

10. Mickey One

Mickey One

Sorry to hear of the fire,but glad things are working out for you.I've had Grundy insurance in the past,and I'll most likely use them when my current project is ready.The rates are good,and it's good to hear that they're there when you need them.

11. It sounds like you were calm, patient, rational and cooperative with both your insurer and their adjuster. I suspect that your approach in dealing with this situation had as much to do with the outcome as anything else. Easier to catch flies with honey than vinegar is the old saying, I believe. :D

Hope the rest of the job goes this smoothly! :cool:

12. CruZer

CruZer

I can't find the post right now,but I posted a thread on here last year about a friends 39 Chevy that was broadsided and totaled. He has Grundy Ins. They paid the agreed value on the car PLUS all of the hospital,towing,etc. bills that came in.
    They could not have treated him better and this was his third claim to Grundy with this car.
    Once his suicide door blew open and once it caught fire. They even paid to have it repinstriped !!!

When he replaced the Chevy with another street rod,guess who he insured it with ???? Yup, Grundy.

13. i had a car with a pearl paint job and they wrote the estimate for 1500 then they sent a check I found someone to paint and replace the flames they had to pay a supplement for more than original estimate they droped the ball on that one and finally paid it and the guy did a really nice job on the repair
    i waited untill they had made a deal to pay , they wanted to beat up the body guy, i bet he spent a ton on ditzler paint of about 3 colors to fix it

it dont seem estimators know anything about the real cost of bodywork

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good news for once. Now you will be that adjuster's go to guy if and when he has to do another vintage car.

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I have Grundy and that is comforting to know. Good luck with your repairs.

Don

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Glad things worked out well Randy, I'll use Grundy too when I have something ready for thr road. Bob

17. RFH1931

RFH1931

Big "R" When did this happen ? and How ?
    PM me when you can.

18. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Thats great news .... BTW can I have that motor you think is junk ?

19. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Great news! Now I need to run out and get a fire extinguisher.

20. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

I would rather be my own adjuster than have to fight with a know-it-all about what was needed for a repair. Thanks for posting this as i am in the market for insurance for my fairlane.

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Gooooooooooo GRUNDY!

22. Randy: Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been considering switching to Grundy, they are about half of what I pay Hagerty. The other testimonials helped sell me. Tim

23. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Thanks for the update, I switched to Grundy last year.

It is nice to know they are a good company to be with.

Martyn

24. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Thanks for the update. I know two local guys that have had claims with grundy and they paid off in both cases. One was a fire total and the other was a rear end collision that could be fixed. Did you ever find out for sure what caused your fire?

25. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Good news!!!

See you tomorrow!

26. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I also had a good experience with grundy when I had a fire in my 36. Very fair, very fast. Would highly recommend them. Gary

27. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Great news Randy. I think with Grundy taking the collector car insurance back from Philly insurance things will get better. My recent experience with trying to update the value of a deuce delivery I am building was an experience. Hopefully every ones experience will be a good as yours.

28. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

You got that right Tim. My old deuce was insured through Grundy for around $350/yr. for full coverage, unlimited mileage. Haggerty wanted $800/yr. for the same flippin coverage with a limited mileage option!

My new project will be with Grundy no question!

Glad they took care of you Randy and that YOUR ok!!

29. Randy,
    Sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad to hear about a positive experience with Grundy. I have them also. Good luck with the rebuild.

30. Just renewed my policy with Grundy. Very glad to hear they treated you good on your claim. Thank you for posting the results.