Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Lost a Washington State Hot Rod Hall of Fame member .....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrd32, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

RIP Terry, you were one of the good ones. Always had a kind word at the swap meets and was willing to teach and share his knowledge. Condolences to the Seaholm family.

2. Terry was an old friend although I hadn't seen him in a while. You could always count on him to come up with some obscure super neat hot rod part.

Condolences.

Mick

3. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

Wow, so sorry to hear that Terry passed away. Dale my deepest condolences to you and your family. I really enjoyed talking and learning from your dad. He was someone I always stopped to talk to whether at the L.A Roadster Show or the Hot Rod Reunion, etc.

I believe that last time I saw him was at this year's Hot Rod Reunion. I think he mentioned he had been having some sort of medical issues. Nonetheless we had a good bullshit session and I kept teasing him to give me a good deal on some gauges!

Anyway he was a really neat guy who new his shit. He really understood what our club was about and I truly appreciated that.

-Aaron

4. Terry was a great guy, when I was going to the swap meets with my Dad in my late teens Terry would always remember me and always talk to me even though I was just a dumb kid. I will forever miss seeing him at swap meets, getting his Christmas cards, and his political emails. He was a hell of a friend, and knew his stuff. RIP Terry

Dale, I have a neat and intricate brass closed nut that Terry said he made on a lathe in shop class and was the nut on the steering wheel in his car (I think he said a Model T). He gave it to me a couple years ago and I cherish it as a token of our friendship...but if you want it, it is yours.

5. duce dreamer

duce dreamer

Such sad news, thoughts are with Dawn, Dale and family. My parents and I were lucky enough to meet Terry, Dale and Mark over LARS weekend. We ran into Terry often over the weekend and decided to head up to Seattle to catchup. Our time there was such a blast as we were treated with hospitality and kindness I had never seen before. We spent two days with Terry in Tacoma, and it will never be forgotten. When he spoke of his work with AA and about his family his heart of gold was obvious.
    Thanks for the treasured memories that will always be with us.
    Hotrods Forever.
    R.I.P. Terry from your Aussie friends

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. Dale - sorry for your loss. May your dad rest in peace.

RIP Terry...

7. U-235

U-235

May Terry rest in peace, he was a North-West Icon. I will miss chatting with him at all the swap meets. My garage is filled with purchases from Terry.

Dale you have my deepest condolences.

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

so sorry to hear this Dale,
    he was indeed one of the good ones
    best wishes for you and your family

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Sorry to hear this. I found the HAMB and your dad at the same time while searching for gauges almost 13 years ago. We never met but he was always so friendly over the years that he felt like a friend to me. I lost my mother a week or so ago so I can understand what you are going through. My heart is with you.

10. ugotpk

ugotpk

Sorry to hear Washington has lost a really great car guy. Your style will go on. We promise!

11. Sad news. It seems like yesterday we were shootin the breeze about parts over his table at the 2011 Hot Rod Reunion. Sorry for your loss Dale. As Aaron put so well in a previous post, your dad was a very knowledgable and friendly guy who we have known and dealt with for years.
    He always had the rare hot rod do dads we were on the hunt for. I was able to save a spot for him next to us on "tree row" a few years back at the LA Roadster show swap. That cost me, as I picked up a cherry Edelbrock 2x2 block Regular intake from him-Ha! He was kind enough to sell it to me on a lay a way plan! I remember him telling me " I've been there before, don't sweat it. I will put your name on it, and you can pay me when you can."
    Cool dude, just a cool dude.
    I'm sure he's already trying to sell Jesus a mint 8 grand tach!
    Rest in Peace Terry.
    D and the rest of the Burbank Choppers

12. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

It's so sad. The only thing I can say would be a repeat of all of these on this post.
    RIP Terry
    Mike

13. F-head

F-head

Dale,Greg and Dawn
    sorry for your loss,he will be missed.R I P Terry
    B

14. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

All you have to do is scan down this list of posts to see how many guys from the Northwest have been touched by Terry. His parts were always top shelf, his willingness to share his vast knowledge and his friendly conversations at every swap meet will be greatly missed. Whenever I found something at a swap meet I could take it to him and he would identify what it was and offer a free appraisal. Our booths at the Monroe swap meet were near each other, and I spent a lot of time hanging out in his space and admiring his inventory and talking hot rods. Like Chris said he always made the time to visit with you and answer questions. If there is a memorial planned I'm sure a lot of us would like to know about it. Dale, I'm sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace. Tim

15. CGkidd

CGkidd

Damn, I knew he hadn't been doing good. My thoughts go out to Dale and the rest of the family. Terry was a good one he will be missed.

16. 55xgasr

55xgasr

Sorry to hear this Dale - thoughts are with you buddy. We miss you around here...

Brad

17. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Dale,
    My condolences go out to your family for your loss, Tom Willford called me with the sad news. I remember meeting Terry when we were all nostalgia racing at Fremont, he was always helpful and friendly. We sure had some good times at SIR and Woodburn back then. One time he showed up at Woodburn to spectate, he didn't have a place to stay. He rode home with us on Sat nite and stayed at my house. As I am writing this I just finished replacing a S-W oil pressure guage in my old Falcon, been thinking of him all morning.
    RIP old friend

18. Thanks again for all your kind words. It means alot. I feel I have a lot of friends in this world. My dad had a lot more. He touched a lot of people. Not just hotrodders. He had another side of him that most here would never know. He was a giant in the world of AA.
    There is no memorial planned in Tacoma,Wash. for him. I am going to organize a memorial service at Bonneville this year. I will let everyone know that wants to attend what the details will be after I work them out. I have an idea brewing that will be a fitting tribute and send off to a true hotrodder.If you have a neat old hotrod and want to be part of something memorable I suggest you make plans to be out on the salt in August. Should be a great time to honor someone that made an impact on the NW hotrodding community. Thanks again. Dale

19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Sorry to hear this. It was 1984 when I sold my 120" WB FED to Terry; that's also when I met his BIL, Joel, who roped me into joining the Handlers Racing Association, operators of Bremerton Raceway (since 1959). I even made the treck to Fremonts' nostalgia drags to see him run the car. Butch/56sedandelivery.

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

Always a bright face and great guy. Definitely a sad loss. I'll miss seeing and talking to him.

21. Thanks Marty for the nice words. He had a lot of respect for your skills and ability. Tom's too. He liked you guys a lot. Fremont was very memorable for all of us. I wish I would have went more. Good times. Mooneyham and Sharp 34 Ford coupe just flat out RULED! The Ruthless dragster was my alltime favorite FED. You guys nailed it. You should do it again .Long live the "Gauge King"!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  22. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

It is hard to lose a friend, much less a father or husband. My sincere condolances go out to Dawn, Dale and Gregg. Terry is my friend. We shared a common opinion, and perspective on not only old cars, but on the relationships that are developed. Terry was a big supporter and help with both TRJ projects, as well as my personal efforts. We had some great times out in LA that will not be forgotten. Hot Rods Forever, Terry. See you on the brighter side.

23. That was nice Jay. Kind words for sure. He really admired you and your work with Rodder's Journal.(As I do as well)Looking forward to seeing you at Bonneville this year.

24. Dale, will miss your dad's enthusiasm in showing me his latest findings at the swap meets, the old days at Starlite Drive-in swap and shop, Fremont NDRA race in his former flight line bulky fire suit, handing me an NDRA awards plaque at SIR, the many stories he wrote for the Drag News paper called "NW Corner", his swap meet booth always contained some of the best vintage hot rod items, the clubs work on the best damn car show HotRod-A-Rama. These are just a few of the many good memories of Terry, a good friend that I have had the pleasure of knowing for over 30 years. My sincere condolence to you, Greg and Dawn.

25. Thanks Tom, Lots of good memories with you, my dad and some of the other guys that posted. He will be missed for sure. You are a good friend. Miss being around you.

26. RDR

RDR

Terry will definitely be missed in the NW hotrod scene!....
    my condolences to all the Seaholm family...

27. DRD57

DRD57

Sad news indeed. Terry was a good man and he will be missed. Dale, you and your family are in my prayers.

28. doubletubtrouble

doubletubtrouble

Dale sorry to here of you loss. It sucks to loss a father

29. Thanks Randy,Don and Russ. My dad and I along with my brother Gregg had a lot of great times at car events all over the west coast. I guess I'm luckier than some . Keeping myself busy working on my cars will help.

30. Dale, sorry for your loss. Terry will be greatly missed. Please pass on my condolences to Dawn and your brothers. I will miss hanging out with him at the swap meets. Dave