Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1964 Falcon B/FX Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiveoh108, Nov 29, 2011.

1. It's just a 302....Almost done modifying the radiator tank to fit. Put a block off plate over the fuel pump hole and mounted a bracket there for the fuel pressure regulator.Then ran the line to the 427 style fuel filter then around to the fuel log once it gets here next week!
    [​IMG]

2. BrickTopp

BrickTopp

Always thought the expansion tanks were cool!

3. I haven't seen this air cleaner or these valve covers on too many cars! My Mickey Thompson valve covers will be for sale if anyone is interested
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Sweet looking valve covers mike..the air cleaner is cool too...where did you find those ?

Rooster

5. Holman Moody is still in business today and I got them directly from them. The valve covers came in a BlueThunder box, so You can probably get them through BlueThunder as well.

http://www.holmanmoody.com/parts1.html

6. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

Valve covers and aircleaner are bad ass

7. Got some color on the hood, fenders and trunk today!
    [​IMG]

8. Diggin the HOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fast Eddie

9. Fiveoh108:

Love the Holman Moody look!!!! I spoke with Lee Holman last month about gettin a Solid Lifter custom grind cam done up for my 64 Galaxie. Probably go by and see them in July when I'm back home in North Carolina. Let me know what ya want for the M/T Valve Covers

Fast Eddie

10. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;I stopped by the shop today to get a peek at your Falcon.WOW,the color looks great,especially after the clearcoat!!! ROY.

11. Thank you Roy! Picking it up Saturday!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Mike- awesome build-up. Like the look of the expansion tank as well. I have one yet to install, so will be schooling me on this one for sure!!!

Dale

13. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I got a chance to put my hands on Mike's Hollman Moody covers today. They are incredible pieces!!! The pent roof design on a SBF looks very cool!!

14. 65COMET

65COMET

They are cool!! You should hear the cry babies on the FE site crying foul,TOO FUNNY!!!!They are just hurt because our small block Fords will run with,or out-run their FEs!!!! ROY.

15. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Roy I plan on putting the FE's on the trailer when i get my falcon done..small blocks rule !!

Rooster

16. 65COMET

65COMET

Rooster;I would love to have a badd assed FE in my Comet,but I can not afford the money to build one to meet my needs!!! ROY.

17. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;GOOD LUCK,I'm always to antsy to wait until I have saved enough to buy the FE of my dreams!! The racing bug has a SERIOUS hold on me!!!! Your Comet WILL be awesome!!! ROY.

18. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

Roy what are u running in your car bbf, sbf ?

19. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

Wow this thing is looking great .I love it .

20. 65COMET

65COMET

Wayne;I run a 351W out to 418",4.100 stroke X 4.030 bore,12.8 pistons,.672" solid roller,mild Edelbrock heads,Edelbrock/Glidden intake with a 1050 Holley Dominator,home made 13/4"X17/8" stepped headers X 36" long to a 31/2" collector.I use a McLeod Soft-Lok clutch and Jerico 4-speed to a 5.14 geared 9" on coil over/ladderbar suspension.Best so far after 7 runs is a 10.34 at 128.57mph. ROY.

21. Made it home Saturday, working on finishing painting the roll cage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Thinkin us Small Block guys need to kick it up a notch....ummmm what should I put in the Wagon???

Fast Eddie

23. 65COMET

65COMET

Eddie;to keep the "OLD Guard" happy,I guess we need FEs!!! I am REAL happy with my big inch truck motor though,also hard to argue with low 9s out of a Windsor[Ernie's]!! If I lived where they ran N/SS,I would run a FE,but since I don't,I think I will stay with my old truck motor!!!! ROY.

24. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;your Falcon looks awesome out in the sun!! I know you are running a back seat,but you still need to seal off the trunk from the rest of the interior,including the package tray.You can use either .032 Aluminum or .024 steel.Did you get that distributor gear ordered? ROY.

25. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Love the color.

26. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Great Color!!!! Looks Fantastic!!
    Brandon

27. I don't know if I will be driving it by memorial day, that would be nice though!! Roy after I finish the engine compartment I will address the trunk and plan on building a bulkhead. Although I have the Taylor NHRA approved battery box too so we will see

28. Got the engine compartment done today with Eastwoods Underhood Black 2K. This is the second engine compartment I have done with this and I really like it, the sheen is great. I also got the steering painted in cast blast and the other suspension pieces detailed. I got the interior sanded down and ready for primer. I am going to work on getting the engine in during the next week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota