Register now to get rid of these ads!

Giving away my Restoration Shop Business

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Diablo, Apr 18, 2012.

1. What an amazing thing to do!
    You are the salt of the earth.

2. Aguas

Aguas
    from Austin, TX

Sounds like the perfect excuse for one of us 'muricans to head down under!

3. Very cool - good on ya.

4. My wife and I have talked that maybe we should move somewhere fresh. Would you like to trade spots? I'll set you up in the oilfield work I do and trade places (homes) for a year (maybe longer)? What you are doing is fantastic for not oly the new owner but for the employees? at your shop. It's easy to close the doors and sell, but great what you are doing.

5. Thank you so much every one for your kind words....(I'm tearing up) ... I know first hand how hard life can be, I'm not a rich man at all, just a couple of months ago I put my F1 on the market after a week I realised I'm making a mistake, my 53 Chevy and F1 are my heart and soul....6 years ago I invited the Fueilers Car Club to my shop for a BBQ 15 cars and a $200 budget, the next year it went to 200 cars I raised $2035 and donated it to the Hospital in town, the 3rd year I had over 300 cars and I hired the local town hall and put a band on (started at one band and the more people saying they were coming I hired the hall for the Friday and Saturday and booked 6 bands) <O:p
    4th year 12 bands and it went for 3 days and it just got bigger, 5th year it became a International Rockabilly Festival with a budget over $140,000 last year it brought in over 2 Million dollars to the Shire and I do all this for nothing,...Donating all profits to community groups across the Shire buying needed Hospital Equipment... <O:p
    I have been Commissioned by another town much bigger than Camperdown to start a Rockabilly Festival for them and my time will go into running the 2 Festivals....When someone walks past and says &#8220;Lovely day&#8221; I say &#8220;Every day is a Lovely day&#8221; yes it is they say....<O:p
    <O:p></O:p>

6. RazorBack489

RazorBack489
    from Modesto CA

Wow! The world needs more people like you!!

7. Mr Diablo I used to have respect for you for creating your beautiful '53 and your good work, Now I know I should have had utmost respect for you for the type of person you are. Good work, good luck and hope all goes well with your new venture. You are an inspiration.

8. CruZer

CruZer

Have fun and pick wisely !!!!! I hope you find the "right " guy to take over your shop and continue your success !!! You are an amazing fellow !!

9. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Make it happen! Chance of the lifetime for that lucky soul and you too! Good luck on the new venture!

10. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

diablo ur awsome for doing this to help your fellow man!!!! i dont what what else to say except i wish i was closer!

11. cheveey57

cheveey57

I think you need to re think your name... you are NO Devil, you my friend are a SAINT.
    God bless ya.

12. If all the power tools didn't spin the wrong way, I'd be all over this.

Seriously though, you have a big bunch of karma waiting for you from that maneuver. Good job man, this kind of stuff certainly gives a member of the younger generation like me a big shot of hope. There's not a smiley I can find fitting of the pat on the back you deserve. Good for you man.

13. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Wow man. I'm in awe over your generosity!

14. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

you sir are a helluva man!hope your new life treats you as you should be treated.pick wisely,maybe years from now it will be paid forward.thank you jack

15. I tell you what, with all the kindness and how wonderful the H.A.M.B is and the friends I have made from this forum is amazing...I have had nothing but praise over the years from fellow HAMBERS for my work...I will make sure the New guy sets him self up as a member...Thanks every one...

16. striper

striper

Hmmm....not sure that came out right....but I think we get the meaning ;)

17. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

this the most amazing story..unbelievable. hope the new owner has great success and Good Luck with your future endeavors.

18. Westco48

Westco48

So your new venture will be as a Rockabilly Festival promoter?....that is awesome!!!

19. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I have never seen nor heard of anyone doing that before.. That is a Cool thing to do... I hope your New venture works out well for you..

20. moefuzz

moefuzz

Hats Off to you in thinking about those less fortunate

21. striper

striper

OK Arthur...spill the beans

22. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

Thanks for giving hope to someone, scratch that, EVERYONE in such hard times.

The world needs more people like you! Hopefully like me, others will see this and try to be a better person as well.

Wish you nothing but the best, if its Rockabilly you are venturing into, I can only speak for myself but others will agree, keep us posted so we can show you support, I love rockabilly!

23. Skam213

Skam213

that is soooo cool.

24. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

25. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Very cool of you. In a world were most people only think about them selves its nice to hear a story like yours.

26. All in good time my friend...

27. Thank you..

28. Thanks Man.... here is a link to the one I run now www.camperdowncruise.com

29. adamshumard

adamshumard

Sounds like youre a good guy, and your future couldnt sound any more enjoyable. I strive to be like you every day. You're proof that this life can really be remarkable. I wish you the best in all you do. And thanks for making the world a better place.