Register now to get rid of these ads!

I want a flathead, am I crazy??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Congested, Oct 28, 2008.

1. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

2. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

You know what's really strange?
    Some people really like flat heads, whilst others seem to express a preference for SBC's.:eek:
    I mean, what the hell is going on? Has nobody read that memo that says everybody absolutely must like the same thing?
    Paul

Hey, I just realised how old this thread is, and that I'd already posted on it. Crazy.

3. It is easier to put an engine with many HP, the challenge is to do as they did before, raising the performance of an engine that has few HP compared with SBC and less technology, for me that's the point, I do not know, if you like the racing history of those times, I think you'd have to build a traditional hot rod ...

4. vickswhips

vickswhips

I have two, one in my ford F1 that I just got running and one on the engine stand that needs a few more parts to be running. I love these engines, they look good rung good and are easy to work on. I to have grown tired of the SBC in everything you see. Its nice to give the hot rods back some originality and stick with original motors in some of these things. I have a flathead 6 in my 52 plymouth that runs great and would not even think to remove it. But to each his won I suppose.

5. chopd54

chopd54

Just got my flatty running in my 30 coupe yesterday!! After listening to it run I realized what a great decision it was running the flathead.

6. vickswhips

vickswhips

Absolutely!

7. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

I dont like the look of any motor that has the exhaust ports that close... T buckets look like crap to me with a SBC and those ridiculous headers.... Flattys are a classic and are for true hot rodder but so are 3 pedals... I prefer a auto for a cruiser but love banging gears through down town.